Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

On 6/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, JerseyBoy said:

Will Charlotte have plans to automatically tow a vehicle when an incident like this happens? In D.C., the city has stationed wreckers up and down the H St. streetcar corridor that are quickly dispatched when a vehicle is blocking the tracks.

I've seen things like this happen even in Europe, but I have noticed over the past few days the cars parked along the curb for the food cart at the square slowly shifting to Tryon Street in front of the Corporate Center.

• Like 1

This WCNC story on Phase 2 Gold Line construction “beginning” is incredibly brief and somewhat contradictory but it features these two statements;

Crews will install pavement markings in the historic West End with hopes to open the 4-mile stretch of streetcar service by the end of the year.

CATS began testing the new modern streetcar in February, with hopes of having the line opened by this summer. City officials hope to have Phase 2 completed by the end of this year.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/gold-line-streetcar-phase-2-construction-uptown-charlotte/275-eeeb0e4a-6d46-46a1-b6e2-45e95abd4488

The story is dated July 9, 2021

• Sad 2

On 7/10/2021 at 6:11 AM, kermit said:

This WCNC story on Phase 2 Gold Line construction “beginning” is incredibly brief and somewhat contradictory but it features these two statements;

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/gold-line-streetcar-phase-2-construction-uptown-charlotte/275-eeeb0e4a-6d46-46a1-b6e2-45e95abd4488

The story is dated July 9, 2021

I am completely lost here, the Frazier/WH Way alignment has been done for awhile and other then some continuing station work (i.e. digging up then re pouring the same concrete over and over) the line on the westside is complete.  Is this an old article that got reposted somehow?

I believe landscaping is the last item off the checklist. If I’m not mistaken they said it would be the last thing to do during passenger service.

Phase 2 won’t be necessarily complete until the landscaping is complete and all items are done. If you meant the finishing of the project versus passenger service was contradictory in this case it does not seem that way. I may have misunderstood, if so correct me.

ce541b0a5916f1f322f04dd9d77838e6.jpg

Actually sorry I did misunderstand sorry about that. Ignore what I said above ^

• Like 2

I guess the WCNC article above trickled out from the stochastic time machine:

image.png.f3f8ffefad9bebb91cf04dd0c2945a63.png

I am excited to take the Gold Line to an Independence game. (I was excited to take it to Earl's as well but...)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kermit said:

I guess the WCNC article above trickled out from the stochastic time machine:

image.png.f3f8ffefad9bebb91cf04dd0c2945a63.png

I am excited to take the Gold Line to an Independence game. (I was excited to take it to Earl's as well but...)

If the Federal Grant deadline is in August then the StreetCar will open for service by then.  Punchlist items may still be outstanding (which is typical) but any items interferring with Safety or Operation of the Service will be corrected first, hence the concrete cutouts & replacement along the tracks in the last few months.

• Like 2