T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

While the renovations won't hurt, I don't think they will do much for an increase in service. The train station, however, will certainly help in that department.

Why the journal and others keep whining about this I don't know. Cuts haven't been new for many, many American airports.

Also the article makes one error - the flight to Ft. Myers starts this week (the ninth I believe). Spirit will be using an A321, which holds 198 passengers. Later in the winter, however, Spirit will be adding two new flights, an extra A319 for FLL and for RSW (they hold 138).

And while this isn't a huge help, we now have a nonstop to/from FLL on SWA on weekends.

I think providence would be used a lot more if we had more direct flights. I know when I fly to California, I always go to Logan cause I can get a direct to John Wayne, or LAX, I just wish providence had more options hopefully all the expansions etc... will help this.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think providence would be used a lot more if we had more direct flights. I know when I fly to California, I always go to Logan cause I can get a direct to John Wayne, or LAX, I just wish providence had more options hopefully all the expansions etc... will help this.

Tell the citizens of Warwick to expand the runway. :silly:

Thought just to let you know some of SWA's PHX flights go right to LAX.

Traffic at Green dropping

Passenger traffic at T.F. Green Airport fell by 11.6 percent in September, the 12th consecutive month in which air travel declined, according to figures released this week by the Rhode Island Airport Corporation.

http://www.projo.com/business/content/BZ_G...3F.2787aa6.html

i wonder if this could be related to gas prices dropping as well. i saw an article on CNN.com that said driving is a great way to travel with gas prices dropping...

i wonder if this could be related to gas prices dropping as well. i saw an article on CNN.com that said driving is a great way to travel with gas prices dropping...

... or just that it's so annoying to fly these days. I know I fly a lot less than I used to.

Another question about parking.

I know that gates 2, 10, and 14 don't have jetways. Will they ever get them?

2, 10, and 12. It is up to the airlines that lease those gates to install thier own jetbridges. I don't see anyof them doing anytime soon...

"... or just that it's so annoying to fly these days. I know I fly a lot less than I used to."

The experience (as far as the airport process anyway) at PVD will become MUCH better once the renovations are done next year.

man it sure didn't look like traffic was dropping when i was there on Wednesday. The security line took up the ENTIRE upper floor. Folks couldn't even get to the ticket counters. They were moving people thru but it was ENDLESS--the longest trip thru security for me ever (and i've flown a lot, from a lot of different airports including Dulles and O'Hare over the holidays) at an hour+. It does still amaze me how people are still not aware of the new travel regulations regarding water, gels etc. What part of "must fit in a quart sized zip lock bag" is so complicated?

And when i came in last night the baggage area was packed too (security, not so much, i guess there aren't a lot of saturday night flights.)

2, 10, and 12. It is up to the airlines that lease those gates to install thier own jetbridges. I don't see anyof them doing anytime soon...

Thanks for the correction/info! My question is that if none of them are used (obviously AA doesn't need two spots anymore), it might be a spot for another airline...

Any word on what flights will be getting the new US Airways E190s btw?

Thanks!

... or just that it's so annoying to fly these days. I know I fly a lot less than I used to.

forgot about that... it is more of a hassle now than it was before the new stupid liquid ban. i really think the TSA is a bunch of morons. they allow things they shouldn't, disallow things they shouldn't, and it's not standard across the board... it depends on which underpaid idiot you get that day. they had to manually search my bag to find my possibly explosive hair wax, which was 3.4 ounces... that they put into my ziploc bag for me. on the return trip, i kept it in the ziploc bag and they took out the 3.3 ounce possibly explosive after shave lotion and tossed it into a trash bin under the xray machine (i ducked thinking it might blow on impact).

i bet they get to go through security without following any of these rules just by flashing a TSA ID.

i did notice a lot less people flying then past 2 times i flew out of PVD (this past friday and friday 2 weeks ago). even PHL was dead 2 sunday's ago... we'll see how it is this afternoon.

forgot about that... it is more of a hassle now than it was before the new stupid liquid ban. i really think the TSA is a bunch of morons. they allow things they shouldn't, disallow things they shouldn't, and it's not standard across the board... it depends on which underpaid idiot you get that day. they had to manually search my bag to find my possibly explosive hair wax, which was 3.4 ounces... that they put into my ziploc bag for me. on the return trip, i kept it in the ziploc bag and they took out the 3.3 ounce possibly explosive after shave lotion and tossed it into a trash bin under the xray machine (i ducked thinking it might blow on impact).

i bet they get to go through security without following any of these rules just by flashing a TSA ID.

i did notice a lot less people flying then past 2 times i flew out of PVD (this past friday and friday 2 weeks ago). even PHL was dead 2 sunday's ago... we'll see how it is this afternoon.

Sunday's usually a slow day...

Thanks for the correction/info! My question is that if none of them are used (obviously AA doesn't need two spots anymore), it might be a spot for another airline...

Any word on what flights will be getting the new US Airways E190s btw?

Thanks!

I'll let you know as soon as we begin training for the ground handling of them. As far as we're all aware, PVD and BDL are launch stations for them.

Sunday's usually a slow day...

Not as slow as Saturdays, however. But slow enough..

every flight i've been on recently has had that pre-board (special needs, elderly, and families with small children) before all other groups, then first class (if there is one), then people who belong to some special club with that airline, and finally everyone else, starting from the front of the plane. that's how it was with AA, us air, delta, and NWA.

I have flown over 200,000 miles on NW the past 5 years and have never had them board from front to back. It is always back to front.

I have been either Silver Elite or Gold Elite on Northwest during the past 5 years and enjoy the pre-board ability, bonus miles (that I can never use), free first class upgrades (which has been around 80-85%) and bigger seats. However, I flew Jet Blue this past month from Phoenix to Boston and I have to say it is making me think about ditching Northwest, Continental and Delta.

Jetblue offers DirectTV, XM radio, 34'' seat pitch in most rows (NW is only 36'' in first class) and nice new leather seats with plenty of padding. Only downside is they don't fly into BDL or PVD.

i don't know... the 2 NWA flights i took this summer (PVD to DTW and DTW to PVD) both boarded front to back. i always fly coach (no money for first class) and don't belong to any special clubs (because i don't fly enough, except on SWA, with whom i should have a free round trip coming to me soon).

i don't know... the 2 NWA flights i took this summer (PVD to DTW and DTW to PVD) both boarded front to back. i always fly coach (no money for first class) and don't belong to any special clubs (because i don't fly enough, except on SWA, with whom i should have a free round trip coming to me soon).

Interesting. I would say it might have been the airport but I fly through DTW often and also have flown into PVD on NW.

I really hope Jetblue picks PVD or BDL soon because all my flying would be with them if that happens.

Last time I flew in the summer they were, and honestly they are such a nice air company it is amazing. I really like flying jetblue.

Jetblue- Phoenix - Boston Thanksgiving week, $248.50 RT with taxes. (Bought these on Friday)

Northwest- PHX-BDL same days $560, PHX-PVD $495, PHX-BOS $669

Archived