T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

there will be a new set-up on the lower level right across from the new area that all arriving passngers will exi into the baggage claim area (directly from the gates). This will be a newsstand with 'sundries' and a Starbucks combo location with a nice sitting area. A mini Dunkin Donuts will also be constructed on the ticketing level and the Federal Tavern retsaurant will stay pre-security.

where is the federal tavern restaurant? i fly in and out of there on a fairly regular basis and i don't think i've ever noticed it (although i have admittedly never looked for it either).

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is the federal tavern restaurant? i fly in and out of there on a fairly regular basis and i don't think i've ever noticed it (although i have admittedly never looked for it either).

As you go through security, Federal Tavern is on the left-hand side.

I really think this is great for Providence, this is what travelers, especially business travelers expect from today's airports. I remember spending most of the day in the Portland, OR airport once because I was flying to SF and they were fogged in all day. Spending the day in the Portland Airport was not the torturous experience one may expect. Portland Airport has a wonderful shopping concourse, I was able to buy a book and spend the day in a cafe. Of course I would have rather been at my destination, but the good experience at the airport reinforced my positive opinion of Portland in general.

Of course we also don't want a situation where travelers view the airport as the best part of their visit. The airport is really moving ahead of Downcity when it comes to retail opportunities.

Totally agree. I travel extensively for my job, and I hate the current amenity setup at Green. One decent coffee place (DD) is ridiculous. If I fly Continental or US Airways I have to go to the "Block Island Cafe" for weak coffee. The place is 80's holdover depressing. Not that I mind walking to the "left side" of the terminal for DD, but it will be nice to have more options for both coffee and books/news.

Totally agree. I travel extensively for my job, and I hate the current amenity setup at Green. One decent coffee place (DD) is ridiculous. If I fly Continental or US Airways I have to go to the "Block Island Cafe" for weak coffee. The place is 80's holdover depressing. Not that I mind walking to the "left side" of the terminal for DD, but it will be nice to have more options for both coffee and books/news.

i'm surprised they're not trying to get a starbucks in there...

i'm surprised they're not trying to get a starbucks in there...

According to Mental's post earlier in this thread, there will be two. One in the foodcourt, and one mini-Starbucks combined with a Providence News Stand in the lower lobby.

makes sense, you have not "arrived" until you have a Starbucks these days. :rolleyes:

According to Mental's post earlier in this thread, there will be two. One in the foodcourt, and one mini-Starbucks combined with a Providence News Stand in the lower lobby.

makes sense, you have not "arrived" until you have a Starbucks these days. :rolleyes:

oops, i must've missed that...

yes, there will be a Starbucks in the food court that will be located front and center just after clearing the security checkpoint and a combo Starbucks/Providence News and Gifts on the lower level in the center under the newly located escalators and glass elevator. This location will offer things like chips, bottled drinks, reading items, etc., along with the basics of a Starbucks menu.

Today's PROJO: "Green reports decline in travelers"

http://www.projo.com/business/content/BZ_G...SCS.d5ceca.html

there has been a few articles about what Mayor Avadesian is requesting related to this - I just didn't bother posting them since it's quite frankly rather silly...

hmmmm... why doesn't RIAC just make the city of warwick the board? i bet they'd vote for closing down one of the most important things in warwick (although i guess you can say it's the most important thing in warwick, at least as far as the state in concerned).

I really laughed when reading one article where a Warwick official claimed that the airport takes more than it's fair financial share - has this person driven down Post Road and/or Jefferson and noticed all the hotels, reatsurants, car rentals and new office buildings??

Post Road used to have a boarded up Valley's Steak House, a delapidated roller rink (Shole's), and a Chuck-E-Cheese's, now its all new tax generating businesses.

I have 1 word for the situation:

WHATEVER...

I really laughed when reading one article where a Warwick official claimed that the airport takes more than it's fair financial share - has this person driven down Post Road and/or Jefferson and noticed all the hotels, reatsurants, car rentals and new office buildings??

Post Road used to have a boarded up Valley's Steak House, a delapidated roller rink (Shole's), and a Chuck-E-Cheese's, now its all new tax generating businesses.

I have 1 word for the situation:

WHATEVER...

And wait 'til the train station is finished. Investment in that area is going to explode ...

While we're on the subject of Warwick sucking... Anyone noticed that almost every city/town in this state has some walkable old urban center in it, except Warwick!? Oh wait, Warwick HAD an old walkable urban center, aka Apponaug, but it chose to turn it into a strip mall, some gas stations, and a Walgreens. Now it's so undesirable they're building a bypass around it so people don't even have to bother going through it at all.

I guess Warwick can claim to have Pawtuxet, but only about 100 feet of it.

• 4 weeks later...

official announcement about new Southwest Airlines service:

http://www.southwest.com/about_swa/press/prindex.html

"The new Southwest Airlines flights break down as follows:

BEGINNING JUNE 4, 2007:

* One new daily nonstop roundtrip between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and

Providence.

* One new daily nonstop roundtrip between Houston Hobby and San Diego.

* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip between Orlando and Providence

(for a total of six daily).

* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip between Houston Hobby and

Orlando (for a total of four daily).

Airport Baggage Handler arrested

my sister's iPod was stolen out of her luggage when she flew out of TF Green. I wonder if it was this guy and whether there's any kind of compensation in the works from ARAMARK...

hey mental, how would we find out? She has a claim with the airline, but clearly the claim should be against ARAMARK, huh?

Airport Baggage Handler arrested

my sister's iPod was stolen out of her luggage when she flew out of TF Green. I wonder if it was this guy and whether there's any kind of compensation in the works from ARAMARK...

hey mental, how would we find out? She has a claim with the airline, but clearly the claim should be against ARAMARK, huh?

glad i don't check baggage often. i hate the new rules where they don't want you locking your luggage anymore. i am really so sick of all the stupid TSA and DHS crap.

glad i don't check baggage often. i hate the new rules where they don't want you locking your luggage anymore. i am really so sick of all the stupid TSA and DHS crap.

she was a dope for checking her iPod. she should have just carried it on with her, but still, if there was an investigation, and her iPod was swiped during that time, she should be compensated somehow, i think. The Airline told her "tough sh*t" so she figures they won't be reimbursing her, but ARAMARK....? They must pay insurance against employee theft--i have to carry it at my tiny little office and we don't even have access to stuff to steal!

Archived