T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PBN: "T.F. Green opens streamlined security area"

http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/123703

excert:

"To speed security check-ins, the area where passengers line up for screening has been expanded to eight lanes, each of which is wider and longer than before. And to give additional privacy to passengers who are pulled aside for more thorough searches, secondary screening areas and private screening rooms have been added.

A portion of the lobby that previously was open to the first floor has been filled in to make room for the expansion of the second-floor security area. "

PBN: "T.F. Green opens streamlined security area"

http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/123703

excert:

"To speed security check-ins, the area where passengers line up for screening has been expanded to eight lanes, each of which is wider and longer than before. And to give additional privacy to passengers who are pulled aside for more thorough searches, secondary screening areas and private screening rooms have been added.

A portion of the lobby that previously was open to the first floor has been filled in to make room for the expansion of the second-floor security area. "

Do we have pictures, and I was wondering do you work at TF Green?

• 2 months later...

maybe cotuit could change the name of the thread to reflect that it's more than just about the runways.

I'd vote for that.

What do you think Cotuit???

BTW, I just got word of the new food and concession offerings that will be built as part of the terminal renovation project:

Federal Tavern restaurant stays where it is (near Southwestr ticketing pre security)

TGI Fridays to become a Chilis (north concourse - Southwest, Delta, United, Spirit, AA)

Dunkin Donuts stays where it is (north concourse)

NEW Wolfgang Puck full service restaurant in the south concourse (US Airways and Continental)

NEW Providence Oyster Bar full service reatsurant (north concourse) - same one from downtown

mini Dunkin Donuts in the south concourse

Tito's Cantina goes bye-bye (north concourse)

Block Island bar and grille goes bye-bye (south concourse)

New food court in the center once you go through security:

Starbucks

Johnny Rockets

Quiznos

Famous Familia (NYC pizza chain - like SBarros)

MSNBC (or CNBC - there's too many 'NBC's!! news stands in a couple locations (with TV's broadcasting latest news, ets.)

brand name mens and woman's apparell stores to replace current offerings (I forgot the names)

Lower level lobby: Combo (mini) Starbucks and Providence News stand

Ticket counter area: mini Dunkin Donuts and a mini MSNBC

I think I got them all - either way, certainly WAY better than what is there now!

The Intermodal station will also house more concessions in the future (I'd guess we'll see a BK or McD's, another DD or Starbucks, and a few more smaller options).

Hey-Zeus Christo! The airport is gonna have better retail than Downcity. Can we at least get a newsstand or something? Sure it's heavy on the chains (it's an airport afterall), but that almost sounds like a cool place to hang out, even if you're not flying anywhere.

Done.

Manchester and Hartford both have general threads for their airports, now we do too.

WOW, what prompt service!! Thanks Cotuit, that was fast!

i wish the airport would have at least 1 restaurant before you go through security.

The Federal Tavern is - right near the Southwest Ticket counters. It is staying put and is actually pretty good (for an airport restaurant). I've had a couple of business related lunches there as well as meeting RLucas83 too!!

PROJO: "T.F. Green travelers get more places to shop on the fly"

http://www.projo.com/business/content/airp...AO2.d5bdf6.html

I really think this is great for Providence, this is what travelers, especially business travelers expect from today's airports. I remember spending most of the day in the Portland, OR airport once because I was flying to SF and they were fogged in all day. Spending the day in the Portland Airport was not the torturous experience one may expect. Portland Airport has a wonderful shopping concourse, I was able to buy a book and spend the day in a cafe. Of course I would have rather been at my destination, but the good experience at the airport reinforced my positive opinion of Portland in general.

Of course we also don't want a situation where travelers view the airport as the best part of their visit. The airport is really moving ahead of Downcity when it comes to retail opportunities.

But don't forget those people outside of security. TF Green is not a major hub airport - you don't have a lot of people waiting for connecting flights - most people are either starting or stopping in Providence. That means they often have people with them dropping them off or waiting to pick them up. They need to make sure they offer something to these people waiting for their flights who can't go through security.

that's part of my thought, and why i always bring up places to eat that you can get in before going through security. in fact, people connecting flights in PVD is very rare.

there will be a new set-up on the lower level right across from the new area that all arriving passngers will exi into the baggage claim area (directly from the gates). This will be a newsstand with 'sundries' and a Starbucks combo location with a nice sitting area. A mini Dunkin Donuts will also be constructed on the ticketing level and the Federal Tavern retsaurant will stay pre-security.

Archived