T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.projo.com/opinion/letters/conte...nd.322f6c6.html

these people need lives.. I left my house in Cranston at 6:30 a.m. this Monday mornign and got to TF with zero traffic, had my family park in the lot in two seconds, went through getting my luggage checked and security in about an hour, and I was off.

What is the relevance of this guy's article and why is it in the Projo?

http://www.projo.com/opinion/letters/conte...nd.322f6c6.html

these people need lives.. I left my house in Cranston at 6:30 a.m. this Monday mornign and got to TF with zero traffic, had my family park in the lot in two seconds, went through getting my luggage checked and security in about an hour, and I was off.

What is the relevance of this guy's article and why is it in the Projo?

it isn't always that smoothly to go through TF Green.

he'll be another of the 'I'm going to use Logan" only to quietly come back to TFG after he missed his flight due to traffic or distant parking and/or the flight he gets re-booked on is 3 hours late...

I thought about poking holes (in UP) in his little editorial regarding things that are just not correct or possible, but it's not worth it - let me just say that while I'm sure he had a bad experience, some of his point HAVE to be embellished!

i travel frequently in and out of TF green. i've never had a problem except for snow (which is understandable) and an issue with the airline (which is why i will never fly US air again). other than those 2 issues, it's always been smooth sailing. and this includes the last time i flew out of there (last friday) and they had to manually search my bag because i put my hair product in there (it was called hair wax and i thought that counted as a solid, i was wrong). they took it out and put it in my ziploc bag for me (even though it was over the 3 ounce limit by 0.4 ounces) and sent me on my way. the whole ordeal took about 5 minutes.

It isn't always that smooth at any airport. As a frequent flyer out of Laguardia and JFK, sometimes all goes well and sometimes it is a nightmare. That is the nature of any airport. But there is no way that I would ever choose BOS over PVD. This guy has some inferiority issues related to RI that are the perfect illustration of the typical, parochial Rhode Islanders he so disdains.

Also, as somebody who will be relocating to Seattle next week from CT, I have quite a bit of experience with Sea-Tac Airport and it sucks!!!!!

delta goes to atlanta and orlando direct. how are they no use?

I don't know what he was talking about either. Of course every airline at PVD is of some use. American (Eagle) does ORD trips. Aside from maybe Continental, AA is the largest-healthiest airline in the United States right now.

And Delta no longer goes to Orlando nonstop, they serve ATL, JFK and CVG (Cincinatti).

Whoa, whoa, whoa, pump your breaks there, runawayjim. US Airways happens to pay my bills and they are doing just fine at PVD. PVD on the same token appreciates having them there.

their service sucks. i flew to atlanta on them. 4 flights for the round trip... well 5 if you count the cancelled one. each of the other flights was delayed because of the airline, not because of the airport. in fact, one of them was pulling out of the gate and the idiots left the hose attached and it ripped out. that delayed the flight longer because they had to wait an hour for a "mechanic" to "repair" a seat with duct tape when they could've moved the affected passengers since the flight was not full. that's one airline that i purposely avoid and inform all others i know to avoid. i have not heard good things from others about them either.

delta goes to atlanta and orlando direct. how are they no use?

Delta has basically given PVD the finger. We used to have two 757s a day. Two! Now we're down to only one mainline flight.

Anyways, Delta uses gates 16, 18, and 20, and also have 22 (which Spirit uses). American has spots 12 and 14 for three flights!

So, I take back my comment about parking, they could be crammed in. :lol:

Archived