T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

their service sucks. i flew to atlanta on them. 4 flights for the round trip... well 5 if you count the cancelled one. each of the other flights was delayed because of the airline, not because of the airport. in fact, one of them was pulling out of the gate and the idiots left the hose attached and it ripped out. that delayed the flight longer because they had to wait an hour for a "mechanic" to "repair" a seat with duct tape when they could've moved the affected passengers since the flight was not full. that's one airline that i purposely avoid and inform all others i know to avoid. i have not heard good things from others about them either.

Sounds like you went through Philly. Believe it or not, when it comes to Philly, it becomes an 'airport' problem moreso than an 'airline.' Just ask Southwest how their ontime performance is doing since picking PHL. I agree that we have some degenerates working for us at PHL, but they're in a Catch-22 at that place right now and can't afford to fire the losers...yet.

However, everybody knows the kind of impact Gordy Bethune had on Continental in the 90's. That sort of turnaround is possible with US Airways. All we need is time and money, two things we recently, and fortunately, have been granted.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you went through Philly. Believe it or not, when it comes to Philly, it becomes an 'airport' problem moreso than an 'airline.' Just ask Southwest how their ontime performance is doing since picking PHL. I agree that we have some degenerates working for us at PHL, but they're in a Catch-22 at that place right now and can't afford to fire the losers...yet.

However, everybody knows the kind of impact Gordy Bethune had on Continental in the 90's. That sort of turnaround is possible with US Airways. All we need is time and money, two things we recently, and fortunately, have been granted.

yes, i went through philly, but that day, it wasn't due to the airport. i explained what happened. the hour to get a tech to duct tape a broken seat and then ripping out the hose becuase they didn't detach it.

delta goes to atlanta and orlando direct. how are they no use?

For what its worth, Atlanta is also Air Tran's hub (to the extent they have one) so they would likley provide direct service to Atlana. Presumably, their entry into the Providence market would dramatically lower Delta's rates to this major U.S. city. I fly to Atlanta frequently but rarely use TF Green because flights out of Logan (where Airtran has a presence) typically cost half as much, whether on Airtran or Delta.

For what its worth, Atlanta is also Air Tran's hub (to the extent they have one) so they would likley provide direct service to Atlana. Presumably, their entry into the Providence market would dramatically lower Delta's rates to this major U.S. city. I fly to Atlanta frequently but rarely use TF Green because flights out of Logan (where Airtran has a presence) typically cost half as much, whether on Airtran or Delta.

hmmm, i forgot southwest went to orlando direct.

another reason airtran would be awesome is because it serves sarasota... my fiancee's mother's local airport when she's in florida for 6 months.

hmmm, i forgot southwest went to orlando direct.

another reason airtran would be awesome is because it serves sarasota... my fiancee's mother's local airport when she's in florida for 6 months.

Is it a real possibility we will get AirTran, or are the other cities just to popular for AirTran to come to PVD?

PVD has a good a chance as any (and more of a chance as quite a few on that list) airport to get Airtran service.

Airtran would certainly be a nice addition to the current excellent portfiolio of carriers PVD already has. The consumer would greatly benefit from lower fares to ATL, which is a large market from PVD and one that Delta has hurt by offering extremely high fares and limited service.

PVD has a good a chance as any (and more of a chance as quite a few on that list) airport to get Airtran service.

Airtran would certainly be a nice addition to the current excellent portfiolio of carriers PVD already has. The consumer would greatly benefit from lower fares to ATL, which is a large market from PVD and one that Delta has hurt by offering extremely high fares and limited service.

does boston having airtran hurt our chances?

yes, i went through philly, but that day, it wasn't due to the airport. i explained what happened. the hour to get a tech to duct tape a broken seat and then ripping out the hose becuase they didn't detach it.

It is a US AIRWAYS problem at the PHILADELPHIA INT'L AIRPORT. I don't know if you're understanding me. That airport (in our system) has the double-edged dilemma of being both understaffed, all the while being staffed by inadequate, uncaring employees; something you never see in such volume at any of US Airways other hubs or stations. It took you an hour to tape a seat because there either weren't enough AMTs on duty and/or they didn't care enough to fix it right away. The airhose was still stuck to the plane at the same time the jetway was pulled back because of the generally careless nature of the PHL employees. Take it from someone who cares enough about the airline to put it all out there like that, we represent the vast majority of US Airways employees who spend half our energy picking up the slack that Philly dumped on the rest of the network.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but i bet you a buddy pass if you went through CLT or DCA you'd have a seamless travel experience on US.

It is a US AIRWAYS problem at the PHILADELPHIA INT'L AIRPORT. I don't know if you're understanding me. That airport (in our system) has the double-edged dilemma of being both understaffed, all the while being staffed by inadequate, uncaring employees; something you never see in such volume at any of US Airways other hubs or stations. It took you an hour to tape a seat because there either weren't enough AMTs on duty and/or they didn't care enough to fix it right away. The airhose was still stuck to the plane at the same time the jetway was pulled back because of the generally careless nature of the PHL employees. Take it from someone who cares enough about the airline to put it all out there like that, we represent the vast majority of US Airways employees who spend half our energy picking up the slack that Philly dumped on the rest of the network.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but i bet you a buddy pass if you went through CLT or DCA you'd have a seamless travel experience on US.

flights from PVD and ATL and through charlotte and reagan were all delayed/cancelled. those were completely unrelated to PHL or their staff. the guy who came to tape the seat didn't even need to had the airline simply said "you're going to have to sit elsewhere" since the flight wasn't full to begin with. also, everyone who had something to do with that flight being delayed had a us air jacket on, including the mechanic. who's responsibility is it to hire people, the airport or the airline?

i turned down a $75 voucher from them that they tried to give me to get me back as a customer. that was my first and last experience with that airline, and i will keep telling people that they're not a good airline. i didn't even mention how out of date some of their planes were. i was on one so small that i could barely stand up in the aisle, and it wasn't a 30-45 min flight, it was over an hour.

And that is precisely why we no longer have the frequent mainline service on DL. They know they can move pax, that would normally fly from PVD, to Logan without a hassle. As far as the airlines are concerned you are no longer(if you ever were) a PVD traveler. They do not look at your home addresss but where you fly from. Thus, DL and AA feel they no longer have to provide lower fare service from PVD. These two airlines were handling nearly 90,000 pax a month from PVD before the downsizing and higher fares. They now handle about 25000 between them and noone at PVD has dramatically picked up the lost pax. They have all gone, for the most part, to Logan.

Mark

flights from PVD and ATL and through charlotte and reagan were all delayed/cancelled. those were completely unrelated to PHL or their staff. the guy who came to tape the seat didn't even need to had the airline simply said "you're going to have to sit elsewhere" since the flight wasn't full to begin with. also, everyone who had something to do with that flight being delayed had a us air jacket on, including the mechanic. who's responsibility is it to hire people, the airport or the airline?

i turned down a $75 voucher from them that they tried to give me to get me back as a customer. that was my first and last experience with that airline, and i will keep telling people that they're not a good airline. i didn't even mention how out of date some of their planes were. i was on one so small that i could barely stand up in the aisle, and it wasn't a 30-45 min flight, it was over an hour.

flights from PVD and ATL and through charlotte and reagan were all delayed/cancelled. those were completely unrelated to PHL or their staff.

And you know this...how? It's a domino effect where ever you are. Thats why you can be in Sunny California and have you flight canceled due to a blizzard a half a world away. PHL could have been dealing with weather, ATC, equipment or personnel shortages and you'd have no idea unless you analyzed the effect on every single flight. You weren't in CLT or DCA as you said so it's yours, as it is anyone's, best guess as to why they were DL or CX. And if they were "all delayed/cancelled" (even if you're not exaggerating) it would have been a NAS problem, not 1 particular airline.

who's responsibility is it to hire people, the airport or the airline?

The airline station manager for that airport.

i didn't even mention how out of date some of their planes were. i was on one so small that i could barely stand up in the aisle, and it wasn't a 30-45 min flight, it was over an hour.

Typical uninformed passenger of the flying public. That's almost as bad as the 747 has a "4" in it because of its 4 engines, the 737 has 3 and the 727 has 2. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You have 747-100s still flying around, which are larger than life and older than dirt. And you have ERJs rolling off the assembly line that a person like me "could barely stand up in the aisle" on. And if you have a problem with RJs/Regional aircraft, for your own sake, fix it fast because they're here to stay. US Airways isn't the only airline using them, either. Try to get outta PVD on Continental or Delta - you got 1 shot a day at making a mainline flight.

and i will keep telling people that they're not a good airline.

And people will continue to make they're own decisions, especially when it comes down to their own personal needs. Hope you never have to fly into Jamestown, NY, cuz if you do, ya better charter!

I'm off to work now! Gotta keep those folks flyin and smilin! :thumbsup:

And that is precisely why we no longer have the frequent mainline service on DL. They know they can move pax, that would normally fly from PVD, to Logan without a hassle. As far as the airlines are concerned you are no longer(if you ever were) a PVD traveler. They do not look at your home addresss but where you fly from. Thus, DL and AA feel they no longer have to provide lower fare service from PVD. These two airlines were handling nearly 90,000 pax a month from PVD before the downsizing and higher fares. They now handle about 25000 between them and noone at PVD has dramatically picked up the lost pax. They have all gone, for the most part, to Logan.

Mark

i'm a PVD traveler. i travel the airlines here (except US air) and they get me where i have to go, even if that means a layover or spending a little extra. the convenience of never having to go to boston is worth the extra time and money to me.

flights from PVD and ATL and through charlotte and reagan were all delayed/cancelled. those were completely unrelated to PHL or their staff.

And you know this...how? It's a domino effect where ever you are. Thats why you can be in Sunny California and have you flight canceled due to a blizzard a half a world away. PHL could have been dealing with weather, ATC, equipment or personnel shortages and you'd have no idea unless you analyzed the effect on every single flight. You weren't in CLT or DCA as you said so it's yours, as it is anyone's, best guess as to why they were DL or CX. And if they were "all delayed/cancelled" (even if you're not exaggerating) it would have been a NAS problem, not 1 particular airline.

who's responsibility is it to hire people, the airport or the airline?

The airline station manager for that airport.

the canceled flight was related to the plane. not having enough staff at PVD created HUGE lines for the 2 people rescheduling a full flight. my flights were during the summer, so there was no blizzard anywhere, they were all domestic, so no weather "half a world away" and they were all on the east coast, so nothing across the country that affected it.

so does that station manager work for the airport or the airline?

i didn't even mention how out of date some of their planes were. i was on one so small that i could barely stand up in the aisle, and it wasn't a 30-45 min flight, it was over an hour.

Typical uninformed passenger of the flying public. That's almost as bad as the 747 has a "4" in it because of its 4 engines, the 737 has 3 and the 727 has 2. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You have 747-100s still flying around, which are larger than life and older than dirt. And you have ERJs rolling off the assembly line that a person like me "could barely stand up in the aisle" on. And if you have a problem with RJs/Regional aircraft, for your own sake, fix it fast because they're here to stay. US Airways isn't the only airline using them, either. Try to get outta PVD on Continental or Delta - you got 1 shot a day at making a mainline flight.

and i will keep telling people that they're not a good airline.

And people will continue to make they're own decisions, especially when it comes down to their own personal needs. Hope you never have to fly into Jamestown, NY, cuz if you do, ya better charter!

I'm off to work now! Gotta keep those folks flyin and smilin! :thumbsup:

so the fleet is up to the airport?

i fly out of PVD on the airlines that are most reliable, my experience has been southwest is the best, including awesome customer service (the us air customer service, which i know is hired by us air, was not very helpful and somewhat rude). plus southwest does not use tiny planes, probably because their prices are awesome so people fly them as much as possible.

don't worry, i won't be flying to jamestown, NY, and if i do, i'll fly to buffalo. and it's not just US air that i'm not pleased with... northwest charges for peanuts! so i'll be flying them as little as possible... but the plane was comfortable and there were no delays. and just about everyone i know who has flown us air has complained about them and recommends using a different airline when possible.

so if i'm an uninformed passenger for blaming my problems on the airline, fine. so be it. but i've never had such awful service on such uncomfortable planes with an airline with rude customer service. if that's all just chance due to the airports and weather in another part of the country or whatever you want to blame it on, fine. i'm blaming it on the airline. in my mind, it was the airline's fault for all of it, nothing else. and i am a fairly frequent traveler, but almost entirely on southwest (except my business trips that take me outside of southwest's realm, and in those cases, it's whatever gets me there direct, except us air).

cheaper if your time is worthless.

well, considering how much i get paid to do my job, i think it is fair to say that my time is, in fact, worthless. However, i really didn't mind the drive--i have a nice car, with heated seats and a 6 cd changer plus an iPod with about 16,000,000 songs on it and there are plenty of places to stop and get an icy cold coke. The worst part is Northern Virginia (which is usually where i am headed.) BTW, i'd rather DRIVE to DC than stand in line for two+ hours to get a seat on a Southwest Flight. What is THAT about?

I've even driven all the way to North Carolina twice. The old man and i looked at flights at christmas time to both Dulles and Norfolk and we couldn't get anything cheaper than 350 per person so into the car we go!

well, considering how much i get paid to do my job, i think it is fair to say that my time is, in fact, worthless. However, i really didn't mind the drive--i have a nice car, with heated seats and a 6 cd changer plus an iPod with about 16,000,000 songs on it and there are plenty of places to stop and get an icy cold coke. The worst part is Northern Virginia (which is usually where i am headed.) BTW, i'd rather DRIVE to DC than stand in line for two+ hours to get a seat on a Southwest Flight. What is THAT about?

I've even driven all the way to North Carolina twice. The old man and i looked at flights at christmas time to both Dulles and Norfolk and we couldn't get anything cheaper than 350 per person so into the car we go!

The non-assigned seating has been a Southwest tradition, which they claim speeds up time. Personally, I've always gotten the seat I wanted by just getting in line about a half hour before (seat 17A if you must know).

The non-assigned seating has been a Southwest tradition, which they claim speeds up time. Personally, I've always gotten the seat I wanted by just getting in line about a half hour before (seat 17A if you must know).

I don't think it is all that quick, I find the regular system works fine. Then again the one time I flew southwest, I got there especially early to be part of the special screening, and end up getting a horrible seat.

Archived