T.F. Green Airport Developments

Frankie811

she was a dope for checking her iPod. she should have just carried it on with her, but still, if there was an investigation, and her iPod was swiped during that time, she should be compensated somehow, i think. The Airline told her "tough sh*t" so she figures they won't be reimbursing her, but ARAMARK....? They must pay insurance against employee theft--i have to carry it at my tiny little office and we don't even have access to stuff to steal!

you have computers and office supplies.

the article said only some of the airlines hire aramark employees. when i do check things though, i never check anything of real value, other than clothes. i always keep my laptop and cell phone with me.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have computers and office supplies.

the article said only some of the airlines hire aramark employees. when i do check things though, i never check anything of real value, other than clothes. i always keep my laptop and cell phone with me.

you actually aren't allowed to check laptops any more. you have to carry them on. I always keep anything valuable (meds, jewelry, blackberry, toothbrush) when i travel.

regardless of who might have stolen something specifically, the airlines in question contracted with Aramark services, therefore the claim is still with the airline that provided transportation of the luggage. If she wants to sue Aramark directly, than thats another case, but luggage claims are made against the airlines, not the company they use to provide services to the airlines.

I know the carriers involved and the time frame this was happening, so IM me and if it fits, she can contact the airline again...

Channel 10 Reports that the proposed runway expansion would swallow between 204 and 339 houses near the airport as well as some businesses. We've seen the proposals here on UP, but this looks like it may be the 1st actual public announcement of the expansions effect on nearby houses. The potential impact on business is an increase of revenues to the tune of $140 Million.

The mayor fears that some of the only affordable housing in Warwick will be lost. He hopes "that reasonable people will be looking at this decision and will be looking at the impacts and the negative impacts that are going to happen to our neighborhoods with (339 families) being displaced"

Airport neighbors should not panic as any action is still years away. Full story HERE

Channel 10 Reports that the proposed runway expansion would swallow between 204 and 339 houses near the airport as well as some businesses. We've seen the proposals here on UP, but this looks like it may be the 1st actual public announcement of the expansions effect on nearby houses. The potential impact on business is an increase of revenues to the tune of $140 Million.

The mayor fears that some of the only affordable housing in Warwick will be lost. He hopes "that reasonable people will be looking at this decision and will be looking at the impacts and the negative impacts that are going to happen to our neighborhoods with (339 families) being displaced"

Airport neighbors should not panic as any action is still years away. Full story HERE

Here's the story from projo. http://www.projo.com/news/content/AIRPORT_...8F.384454b.html

there will be new affordable housing created as people who didn't live that close are now a lot closer and move away and their property values go down. also, the state or RIAC or whatever has to pay market value for the homes it takes. if the impact on businesses is an increase in revenue, then i don't really see what the issue is. it seems like a no-brainer to me.

airport geeks... :rolleyes::silly:

be careful since there are at least 6 'regulars' on this forum that could fit that description - don't mess with the airport geeks!!!!

Yeah, they move to within a mile of the airport and then complain about the noise. :whistling:

not the airport geeks, we buy the houses and then set up lawn chairs with beer holders in the arms and digital camera's in hand...

the ones you refer to are the morons that got a house 'on the chaep' and then play naive to the fact that a major commercial airport is in thier backyard and has been for 60 years!!

Aviation-related economic gains in the state of Rhode Island would total $53 million in personal income and $138 million in business revenues by 2020, it predicts.

Considering how badly this state needs new economic revenue, how idiotic would we have to be to give up such a slam dunk gift...

This development, plus the news of the likely transit findings, are starting to give me a glimmer of hope...

- Garris

• 3 weeks later...

the fact that PVD was specifically mentioned by the owner of a foreign carrier is very exciting. Seems PVD is already on the radar so to spaek. Transatlantic service of any kind, never mind a low fare carrier, would be beyond any current expectations and be a huge 'win' for the RI economy/tourism. I can only hope this comes true...

Archived