Sounds Stadium design now starting

smeagolsfree

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look for Struever to step up to the plate and offer an alternative if the Sounds deal falls through. I dont know anything. This is just a hunch, because they have spent a lot of time and money to see it fail now. There are always alternatives in the business world. You always have to have a plan "B".

Richard where are you????????????????? :dunno:

Okay so News 5 said the sounds pulled out of the deal and will be looking for a new developer to build the park. This can't be right. I thought metro has to approve stuff, S Bros can't just be dropped can they????

Please explain what all this means and where everything stands.

Richard where are you????????????????? :dunno:

Okay so News 5 said the sounds pulled out of the deal and will be looking for a new developer to build the park. This can't be right. I thought metro has to approve stuff, S Bros can't just be dropped can they????

Please explain what all this means and where everything stands.

As difficult as this thing was to put together in the first place I'm not sure the politics will be there to get it extended if the April deadline is not met. I personally would like to see it happen but I think the opponents (some running for mayor) of the original concept will come out of the woodwork with "I told you so's" and advocate a different use for the property. Purcell probably won't have time to get something else figured out so it could become one of the central campaign issues for the next election.

I going to make a prediction. My prediction is that people will jump on the bandwagon to support the SBER proposal, and SBER will come up with an excellent use of the stadium land. The project will go forward....just without the Sounds. And, sadly, there will be no professional baseball in Nashville in 2008.

I going to make a prediction. My prediction is that people will jump on the bandwagon to support the SBER proposal, and SBER will come up with an excellent use of the stadium land. The project will go forward....just without the Sounds. And, sadly, there will be no professional baseball in Nashville in 2008.

• 10 months later...
Once the Sounds have a new owner, this deal will start. The current owner wanted the banks and the city to carry all the paper on this. Then his intention was to sell the team AFTER the new stadium was built. Believe me, the ball park is GOING TO GET BUILT. As soon as the new owner is announced, ground gets moved.

Archived