Sounds Stadium design now starting

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the article I think they are just dragging their feet and dotting all "I's" and crossing their "T's". Sounds like this project is still on track and will happen although perhaps a few weeks to a month later than expected.

If you've ever been to Greer stadium you know there is no one in the world that wants this to go through more than the Sounds themselves. Every time a fan takes a seat at their current stadium lawyers probably start sweating bullets worried about someone getting tetanus from their rusty seats, someone getting mugged, a car being stollen, or worse yet someone getting killed.

They have needed a change for awhile now.

This was posted on bid clerk January 10th.

"Site work and new construction of a mixed-use community in Nashville. Working plans are calling for a 12,500-seat minor-league baseball stadium surrounded by 600 one-, two- and three-bedroom condominiums and townhomes, with 35,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and entertainment space.

Construction is expected to commence February 1, 2007. Interested parties should direct inquiries to the general contractor."

It looks as if they are looking to start very soon.

This was posted on bid clerk January 10th.

"Site work and new construction of a mixed-use community in Nashville. Working plans are calling for a 12,500-seat minor-league baseball stadium surrounded by 600 one-, two- and three-bedroom condominiums and townhomes, with 35,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and entertainment space.

Construction is expected to commence February 1, 2007. Interested parties should direct inquiries to the general contractor."

It looks as if they are looking to start very soon.

I drove over that way about 5 this morning and it looked as if there had been dirt being added at the site. Couldnt tell as it was dark.

By the way you have starting this year almost for sure the following projects:

The Sounds Project

Rolloing Mill Hill

The Signature

The Terrazzo

The Rhythm Lofts

The Crown

Probably the Westin

Who knows what else will start of the things we know about and thats not counting unnounced projects that will come this year. :whistling:

Sounds like the sounds are either preping the public for a disapointment or trying to light a fire under Struever Bros. butt by calling them out in the media without calling them out...... Clearly if this falls through they don't want to be blamed. Here's the story....

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...S0401/701180430

My question is, if these guys (Struever Bros) aren't serious about getting this done, why bid on it in the first place. Is Struever Bros holding up Rolling Mills as well? I also thought they had ownership or rights/plans for more development on parcels around that area.

It amazes me that Streuver, as huge a development company as they are, can't seem to put together financing for a measly (at least, measly to them) little $20 Million. I feel sorry for what the Sounds are going through right now. I'm sure they never ever expected to feel such pressure to get this thing started once getting approval from Metro Council. I'd love to hear Streuver's side to this story. Maybe there's some rhyme or reason to all of this.

It amazes me that Streuver, as huge a development company as they are, can't seem to put together financing for a measly (at least, measly to them) little $20 Million. I feel sorry for what the Sounds are going through right now. I'm sure they never ever expected to feel such pressure to get this thing started once getting approval from Metro Council. I'd love to hear Streuver's side to this story. Maybe there's some rhyme or reason to all of this.

Today's article from the Tennessean:

Developer: Ballpark plan in no jeopardy

Maybe this is a naive question, but since there is some division between the two sides, would it be possible to get approval to begin the actual stadium construction and allow the other mixed use aspects to begin later? I guess they would be worried that the financing for that part wouldn't come through and maybe from a construction standpoint it has to be done all at the same time. I'm pretty confident this will happen, I just didn't see this bump in the road coming...

Today's article from the Tennessean:

Developer: Ballpark plan in no jeopardy

Maybe this is a naive question, but since there is some division between the two sides, would it be possible to get approval to begin the actual stadium construction and allow the other mixed use aspects to begin later? I guess they would be worried that the financing for that part wouldn't come through and maybe from a construction standpoint it has to be done all at the same time. I'm pretty confident this will happen, I just didn't see this bump in the road coming...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived