Sounds Stadium design now starting

smeagolsfree

I think it is more likely the Sounds stay put at Greer for several years. I think the ballpark idea is fantastic, but don't think it is the highest use for the land at all. Also, I believe other companies have begun submitting ideas for their plans for the site. I am pretty sure that since the blowup of the SBER-Sounds deal there has been little to no work on their part to rekindle that proposal. Odds that there is a downtown ballpark in the next 5-7 years are less than 5% IMO.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once the Sounds have a new owner, this deal will start. The current owner wanted the banks and the city to carry all the paper on this. Then his intention was to sell the team AFTER the new stadium was built. Believe me, the ball park is GOING TO GET BUILT. As soon as the new owner is announced, ground gets moved.

It is a shame the park couldn't have been built already on that site. It seems to be perfectly suited for that use. Would Streuver Brothers be included in the new complex? You guys remember that other companies wanted to be considered in a new bid? So this could be a long time in happening.

It goes a little deeper than that as there has been a billed introduced in the legislature that may allow the stadium to finance over 30 years.

A quote"A bill filed this month in the General Assembly would let the Sounds benefit from sales tax revenues generated by a new baseball stadium and a surrounding development for up to 30 years"

This may open the door for a whole new round of discussions and who know what else. Can someone say the East-bank maybe.

I think an East Bank ballpark would hold a lot more potential, if developed and marketed correctly, for the city than the Thermal Site. Either will site would hold great benefits for the central portions of the city, but on the East Bank a stadium I think could could instigate considerably more positive change and redevelopment for the city.

I think an East Bank ballpark would hold a lot more potential, if developed and marketed correctly, for the city than the Thermal Site. Either will site would hold great benefits for the central portions of the city, but on the East Bank a stadium I think could could instigate considerably more positive change and redevelopment for the city.

• 2 months later...

The Nashville Sounds recently hired the former general manager of the Titans, Jeff Diamond. This last week the Sounds stopped a bill in the State Legislature that could help finance a stadium.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/16218602/detail.html

I think that this will open the door for new negotiations between the City adn the Sounds for a new stadium. We will have to wait and see. I have also heard that AAA baseball in Nashville may come to an end too. I think this is a game of poker now between the city and the Sounds,

The Nashville Sounds recently hired the former general manager of the Titans, Jeff Diamond. This last week the Sounds stopped a bill in the State Legislature that could help finance a stadium.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/16218602/detail.html

I think that this will open the door for new negotiations between the City adn the Sounds for a new stadium. We will have to wait and see. I have also heard that AAA baseball in Nashville may come to an end too. I think this is a game of poker now between the city and the Sounds,

That remains to be seen, but I don't think hiring Jeff will help their cause with the city. Jeff pushed the envelope with this legislation and really made City Hall mad. He did nothing to ingratiate himself to the Mayor. When you get a letter from the City Attorney saying you are in violation of your lease because you are not ADA compliant with less than two months to fix things it does not bode well for your future.

Yesterday, Mayor Purcell alluded to a possible baseball stadium in his State of Metro address. He just mentioned there could be the sound of balls being hit DT or something to that nature. I thought this was an interesting comment.

Could talks be on again between the Sounds and Metro after all we have heard or is something else up?

Yesterday, Mayor Purcell alluded to a possible baseball stadium in his State of Metro address. He just mentioned there could be the sound of balls being hit DT or something to that nature. I thought this was an interesting comment.

Could talks be on again between the Sounds and Metro after all we have heard or is something else up?

Archived