101 Eola -- New Project?

corpkid

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't believe how fast this thing went up. Precasting is the way to go it seems

Got a question for the construction experts. What is the long term prognosis for precast? Will it last like a form cast building like the other towers? Will it hold its value like a traditional building? Does this make sense? Stupid question? Also, I know this has been discussed before, but, why are so many highrises today built with a concrete skeleton instead of steel (like in those old pictures of like the Empire State Building etc.)?

Thanks, in advance, for your input.

• 3 weeks later...

This thing has like 4 more floors to go and then one last final section on the south side. Should be completed then as far as structure goes at least. Are they going to build 201 couldn't remember what the stipulation was for that.

Off topic but isn't East on Park supposed to be pre-cast as well.

This thing has like 4 more floors to go and then one last final section on the south side. Should be completed then as far as structure goes at least. Are they going to build 201 couldn't remember what the stipulation was for that.

Off topic but isn't East on Park supposed to be pre-cast as well.

yeah, but you won't see that until late 2007. lot of work before that point.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the fact that these units have concrete walls b/w each unit that makes them so much better than all these other ones going up, 55 West has no separation between units its going to be framing i think. That place will be noisey with the trains, firestation, and framed in walls.

• 1 month later...

I like the fact that these units have concrete walls b/w each unit that makes them so much better than all these other ones going up, 55 West has no separation between units its going to be framing i think. That place will be noisey with the trains, firestation, and framed in walls.

I spoke with Chance Gordy today, developer of 101 Eola, he said construction is right on schedule with completion still on track for Dec 2007 and Move in date Jan 2008. Restaurant across from The Beacon will be lower priced entree's than Hue or Graze. He is getting ready to sign on a Spa directly across from Fifi's and a Bar type Lounge on the Southside of the building.

I spoke with Chance Gordy today, developer of 101 Eola, he said construction is right on schedule with completion still on track for Dec 2007 and Move in date Jan 2008. Restaurant across from The Beacon will be lower priced entree's than Hue or Graze. He is getting ready to sign on a Spa directly across from Fifi's and a Bar type Lounge on the Southside of the building.

what? lower priced entrees than Graze? You mean I dont have to pay $12 for appetizer scallop? :thumbsup:

there was also an office bldg. on Orange north of Colonial that was demoed in the late '90's. it looked like a govt. bldg.; like it was clad in soapstone or grey marble or something. it was like 3-4 stories or taller. it became a parking lot. Anyone know what bldg. this was?

It was an old bank building, though I forget the name.

I think maybe First Union was in there until they built the new tower on Magnolia which is now Wachovia.

I think it was imploded as I recall.

It was an old bank building, though I forget the name.

I think maybe First Union was in there until they built the new tower on Magnolia which is now Wachovia.

I think it was imploded as I recall.

That was the old Florida National Bank building and you are correct it was imploded. FL Nat'l was bought out by First Union in about 1989 or so.

They seem to all be doing pretty good. I go there often and often see full house.

is that with or without the Olson twins? (just kidding)

all I know is that once 101 opens with it's three establishments, this will be one really hoppin' corner of DT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived