101 Eola -- New Project?

corpkid

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ever would have made you think that. Would it be the cranes, the fence, the tied up palms, the plywood in the balconies, or the orange cones.

Who's following who?

Are there going to be any decent views from this place? The front, which seems to contain most of the glass, faces a much taller santuary.

Are there going to be any decent views from this place? The front, which seems to contain most of the glass, faces a much taller santuary.

That's probably not a building people move into for the view. Probably people who want to live dowtown, but can't afford to pay the outrageous prices in one of the more prominent taller buildings.

what a fine structure. drove by there late afternoon today. wow. they put the artwork up sometime on Saturday or Sunday; it wasn't up on Friday night.

one of the best looking buildings at the sidewalk level in this town. Dynetech is one of the others.

img1043he7.jpg

img1048ke7.jpg

img1033kj7.jpg

Did a walk though tour this weekend. The place has turned out quite nice I will have to say. Talked with someone who seemed to be involved in the sales office and asked if they still planned to build 201. He said it was still planned but wouldnt be built this year and that it would be less dense than 101.

Empty lobby shot. Unfinished of course.

img1043he7.jpg

View to the north west.

img1048ke7.jpg

img1033kj7.jpg

Did a walk though tour this weekend. The place has turned out quite nice I will have to say. Talked with someone who seemed to be involved in the sales office and asked if they still planned to build 201. He said it was still planned but wouldnt be built this year and that it would be less dense than 101.

• 3 years later...

They are doing a lot of buildout on the first floor of 101 and across the street in the Sanctuary. I'm kinda surprised that they are building all of these at once. Is there enough demand for these places to make it? I walk by every morning and it looks like this is fully in progress.

http://aurabar.com/eola-square/

I sure hope so. I missed the days of Graze, Fifi, and Beacon. Just curious why that specific webpage for Aura contains advertisements for the other places, unless its all the same owner(s) of Funky Monkey?

I sure hope so. I missed the days of Graze, Fifi, and Beacon. Just curious why that specific webpage for Aura contains advertisements for the other places, unless its all the same owner(s) of Funky Monkey?

I think they are trying to brand the block as a destination... once you're comfortable getting there and like the area, you'll come back - a rising tide lifting all ships. I don't know who Aura is owned by, but it is my impression that Sonoma Draught House will be owned/operated by the same people as Mucho and Stardust Lounge. The other two - Prickly Pear and Nick's Italian - are the same owners as Funky Monkey and Bananas.

I didn't attend, but it is my impression that the Cinco de Mayo event and the COOK HRC Fundraiser which I believe were both under the Eola Square brand were successful. I think with The Abbey as a live music venue gives the block something besides bars/restaurants that will entice people to stay around a little longer. What I wish the area had was better connectivity to Central Blvd - either down Eola or Osceola.

Archived