101 Eola -- New Project?

corpkid

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with you on the height, it looks pretty tall. Either way, tall or small, its a great project and a great location for it. I dare say the views from Monarch will be the best of the downtown skyline. Plus, think about the drive coming into town up the 408.

it would be like taking the Sanctuary, flipping it around, and placing it 3-4 blocks closer to 408. real nice. Is this going to be a block off of South St., or is South St. a border Street? (sorry the thread has diverted from 101).

South street will be the only thing seperating this building from the 408. This is good stuff. Ironically, with the exception of that one building uptown this will be the only building being built this close to the highway, its a good affect. Unless of course OUC starts their tower first.

you can see the model of 101 thru the window of the sales center (in case anyone missed it).

Monarch-- don't know if anyone posted this, but they already started activity on the lot-- kicked up dirt, and two trailer halves on site-- maybe the model?

This was supposed to have broken ground today - July 3.

Yes they were but I didn't notice any activity there at all. Whether or not they have had a ground breaking ceremony, there has been site work happening (demolition).

This was supposed to have broken ground today - July 3.

Was at the sales center Sunday July 2nd and they said groundbreaking was this coming weekend... The sales center is pretty cool. Worth checking out...

Was at the sales center Sunday July 2nd and they said groundbreaking was this coming weekend... The sales center is pretty cool. Worth checking out...

do you remember what size the $250k unit was?

nevermind. i remembered what a search engine is for :blush:

do you remember what size the $250k unit was?

nevermind. i remembered what a search engine is for :blush:

Units were going for about $430/sq ft with an 8K premium each floor you went up from the 5th. The 5th floor is completely sold out, btw.

Fees were something like $.35 sq/ft

wow. this is moving fast. Anyone know what their timetable is with regards to 201 Eola, the twin?

From talking to the sales agent, 201 is at a very minimum 2 to 3 years off... They want to get 101 completely sold & built before they even start selling 201 pre-construction... BTW, these are the same people who developed the Jackson -- they say they've learned a lot from that project.

Anyways, Eola Dr. is already turning into "condo corridor..." A few more years won't hurt (plus I won't miss the construction noise dust here at Eola South). As much as I love urban redevelopment, DAMN if that S#$@ isn't dusty! I'm washing my balcony/windows weekly (and that just sucks)...

It was funny, b/c the association here @ Eola South waited until the Sanctuary was pretty much done before washing the windows. As soon as they did that, 101 broke ground and messed it all up. I guess these are just growing pains...

Dirty windows are a small price to pay, IMO!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

The lot is completely cleared now. Yesterday, dump trucks were unloading small white rocks / gravel. Today, they have some kind of drill hoisted up by a crane. It kind of looks similar to the augarcast drill bit, but it looks somewhat (if not completely) surrounded by a cylindrical metal sheathing and there are tubes running to it. I think they are pumping water to it and then the gravel is being moved next to the hole they just made.

Can someone describe what they are doing?

The lot is completely cleared now. Yesterday, dump trucks were unloading small white rocks / gravel. Today, they have some kind of drill hoisted up by a crane. It kind of looks similar to the augarcast drill bit, but it looks somewhat (if not completely) surrounded by a cylindrical metal sheathing and there are tubes running to it. I think they are pumping water to it and then the gravel is being moved next to the hole they just made.

Can someone describe what they are doing?

Can you take a picture?

isn't it exciting... simultaneous sitework and construction on 101, Paramount, 55W, Star, Plaza, Vue, Dynetech, Fed. Cthse, Wash. garage, 801(more or less), and 408.

What'll be even nicer is when everything is completed and we get our roads back (because several of them are currently underconstruction or blocked by construction).

Archived