Richmond Events

burt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer festival was good even with the change in tasting policy. Good choices (more would've been better). I'd say there were probably 25-30 different options. Afterwards we headed to the Bottom and the Slip which became "event"ful to say the least :lol: Good times.

Sorry, you missed them Tommy. The fireworks were last night while you were out trapping bears. :)

The fireworks were good... Pat McGee band was awesome as usual. Good event... expecially coupled with the Central Virginia Wine Festival earlier in the day...

Anybody who hasn't see it should rush out and pick up this week's Style. This issue has the annual Bar list, and it's fun reading. For instance, has anybody ever heard of a jazz/music bar called SKYY across Broad from Tarrant's?

And a picture of The Nile on Laurel is a far cry from the old Hole in the Wall.

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a rash of performance cancellations. Could the reasons be slow advance ticket sales, weather problems, illness or a breakdown in performers' discipline?

Ricky Skaggs postponed his date last night at Toads Place until Nov. 3rd.

The Ce Ce Winans concert scheduled for tonight at The Landmark Theatre is cancelled out-right.

The Michael Schenker Group's show on July 20th at Toads Place has been cancelled.

Hootie & the Blowfish show, scheduled for this past Wednesday at Innsbrook After Hours has been rescheduled for Sept. 14th.

And in Charlottesville, the Ryan Adams show at the Paramount Theatre was cancelled and is rebooked for a later date.

The annual Genworth's Advantage Classic tennis event will take a musical turn this year when James Taylor performs at The Siegel Center on October 20th. Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf will also make appearances. Tickets range from $50 to $125.

Anybody who hasn't see it should rush out and pick up this week's Style. This issue has the annual Bar list, and it's fun reading. For instance, has anybody ever heard of a jazz/music bar called SKYY across Broad from Tarrant's?

I don't know much about SKYY, but my new band, Secret Sound Machine will be playing there on Friday, August 3rd, coinciding with the Friday art-walk activities. No cover charge.

quote name='mclawsdrive' date='Jul 16 2007, 02:25 PM' post='819181']

I don't know much about SKYY, but my new band, Secret Sound Machine will be playing there on Friday, August 3rd, coinciding with the Friday art-walk activities. No cover charge.

I plan on visiting tomorrow and can provide a full report wednesday.

As far as a start time, thats up to us, and I'm not sure what the ideal time is. It seems that the busiest time for the galleries is from 7-9. I'm guessing we'll try to start sometime in the peak of things (say about 8) and try to get people who are done with the gallery circuit to stick around at the bar with us. I'm assuming we'd stop before or around midnight unless the crowd sticks around later than expected.

Any comments or suggestions regarding the ideal music time would be appreciated.

Yeah, you're right. It could use some work. Thanks though.

It doesn't look bad to me, judging from the picture running across the top. The menu is not inspired, but if the ambiance is decent, food will not be a factor.

I may have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ($2.99) as I sit back and enjoy your band, Mclaw, since nipping is no longer an option for the old man.

I gather you will go on before 11:00PM.

Archived