Branson/Springfield

Branson Landing is getting closer and closer to the Grand Opening in May.

Here is some info and rendering's of the Landing convention center:

conv_branson_3.jpg

Check out this website for more info and better photos: http://www.crawford.com.au/project.aspx?ID=46

(click the photos for larger images)

Guess I didn't realize the Grand Opening was getting so close. Keep us updated. :D

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I'd get this back in the right topic. Have you guys looked over at the Missouri forum? There are only 5 threads in the state forum. Southwest Missouri and the Ozarks is one of them, that was started by Mith back in August 2005. There are only 14 replies in it. That's basically a Springfield thread/subforum there that is not doing well at all. The Missouri forum just isn't busy at all. The STL subforum hasn't had a reply in 11 days. People just don't post much over there, even in the big city subforums.

Figured I'd get this back in the right topic. Have you guys looked over at the Missouri forum? There are only 5 threads in the state forum. Southwest Missouri and the Ozarks is one of them, that was started by Mith back in August 2005. There are only 14 replies in it. That's basically a Springfield thread/subforum there that is not doing well at all. The Missouri forum just isn't busy at all. The STL subforum hasn't had a reply in 11 days. People just don't post much over there, even in the big city subforums.

Yeah it's why we went ahead and put it over here. We've had some talk about Branson before this topic and it just seemed more people in the NWA forum had more interest in what's going on in Branson and Springfield. It does make more sense to eventually move it over there because that's where it belongs. But I'm not sure how well it will do.

The Discovery Center in Downtown Springfield is underway for a 30,000 sgf. "Green" building expansion.

This is the first expansion for the center since Brad Pitt donated money in 2001. The Heer's Tower renovation is also doing some "LEED" work.

20050201-Downtownscharac_7.jpg

Green Building Project Goal:

In a dramatic first for the City of Springfield, the Discovery Center announced that its new addition will be a LEED-Certified Building, making it one of the most environmentally-responsible buildings in the State of Missouri.

By using high performance and sustainable building standards on the Center's 29,000 square foot renovated and expanded structure, we are creating an atmosphere that:

fosters environmental responsibility through a natural learning/living laboratory experience for our visitors.

provides a healthy environment for guests and employees.

expands educational opportunities & increases the Center's visibility

decreases the Center's annual operating costs.

For more info and photos go to: http://www.discoverycenter.org/greeninfo.php

It's not just Missouri... Florida, California and Texas are pretty slow forums also or at least their biggest metros are pretty slow. Dallas does have a little ongoing posting. I don't think it's as much that the Arkansas forum or the Little Rock and NWA subforums are popular but rather the great people here that makes the Arkansas forums hot.

The Discovery Center in Downtown Springfield is underway for a 30,000 sgf. "Green" building expansion.

This is the first expansion for the center since Brad Pitt donated money in 2001. The Heer's Tower renovation is also doing some "LEED" work.

In a dramatic first for the City of Springfield, the Discovery Center announced that its new addition will be a LEED-Certified Building, making it one of the most environmentally-responsible buildings in the State of Missouri.

By using high performance and sustainable building standards on the Center's 29,000 square foot renovated and expanded structure, we are creating an atmosphere that:

fosters environmental responsibility through a natural learning/living laboratory experience for our visitors.

This is a great addition to an already great "family-oriented" attraction unseen anywhere else in the region. I'm going to have to wait to plan my trip to Springfield until some of the many developments in Springfield/Branson are completed just so I don't miss out on anything. No doubt it'll take at least a couple trips to see just part of all the great attractions up there.

Seems like I've heard something recently about Brad Pitt. Something about him being a fan of architecture and in particular 'green' buildings. I can't quite remember now but I thoguht I had read something about him having something to do with an architecture show for PBS or something along those lines. Anyway the building is very interesting to hear about. I think we have a small 'green' building here in Fayetteville in our 'tech' park.

Census: Christian County Grows 23.9% in a five year period!

From 2000 to 2005 Christian County grew 29.3% and was pushed up on the list of the 100 fastest growing counties to #58 from #71 two years ago. Census figures are confirming what folks in Christian County have known all along, allowing them to keep the bragging rights. The Springfield MSA was officially over 400,000 person's as of July 1, 2005 and is well on its way to becoming a Mid-Sized Metro. Whith the State and local governments predicting the additions of Stone, Taney, Lawrence and Dade counties being added in the next five years the Springfield MSA will be over the 550,000 mark by 2011. This confirms the many questions that Springfield residents have had about the rapid future growth.

Although much has changed in the landscape in this photo of the buisness district in downtown I still like it alot and thought I would share. :D

MO-SJB01.jpg

That pic just goes to show that even though Springfield has been around for a while longer as a metro, it still isn't very urban.

Census: Christian County Grows 23.9% in a five year period!

From 2000 to 2005 Christian County grew 29.3% and was pushed up on the list of the 100 fastest growing counties to #58 from #71 two years ago. Census figures are confirming what folks in Christian County have known all along, allowing them to keep the bragging rights. The Springfield MSA was officially over 400,000 person's as of July 1, 2005 and is well on its way to becoming a Mid-Sized Metro. Whith the State and local governments predicting the additions of Stone, Taney, Lawrence and Dade counties being added in the next five years the Springfield MSA will be over the 550,000 mark by 2011. This confirms the many questions that Springfield residents have had about the rapid future growth.

LOL what bragging rights? It's still a small rural county.

State and local governments might hope that those counties will be added to the MSA...the Federal government makes that decision based upon certain criteria. One of which is half of the county to be

added has to commute to the central county for work. I know that Taney and Stone counties for sure don't meet that....not really sure about the others. Springfield msa is just barely over 400,000 (I'll have to check that) It's not going to gain 150,000 people in 5 years. Where are these numbers pulled out of?

That pic just goes to show that even though Springfield has been around for a while longer as a metro, it still isn't very urban.

This is the business district and the Missorui State campus wich is the least urban part of downtown and the photo is more than 10 years old! Think of these things before posting.

This is the business district and the Missorui State campus wich is the least urban part of downtown and the photo is more than 10 years old! Think of these things before posting.

The area of dt that has the highrises or in Springfield's case low to mid rises is the most urban part of any city. I did think of the things you mentioned, however, even 10 years ago, the area should've been more than that based on your logic that it's been around 50 years longer.

LOL what bragging rights? It's still a small rural county.

State and local governments might hope that those counties will be added to the MSA...the Federal government makes that decision based upon certain criteria. One of which is half of the county to be

added has to commute to the central county for work. I know that Taney and Stone counties for sure don't meet that....not really sure about the others. Springfield msa is just barely over 400,000 (I'll have to check that) It's not going to gain 150,000 people in 5 years. Where are these numbers pulled out of?

You never quit. It just kills you to know that our area is going through a bit of growth. The state and local gov's wouldn't make a prediction of that calliber unless they thought it were to be true! Those numbers come from the population #'s for the counties I mentioned which is from the 2004 census estimates, which will drastically change in the coming years. The Fed Gov puts counties in the MSA based on the influence that the "main" county or counties has on the outlying counties which is true for Taney, Stone, Dade and Lawrence. The Springfield/Branson area has a large influence on much of the Ozarks and alway's will.

You never quit. It just kills you to know that our area is going through a bit of growth. The state and local gov's wouldn't make a prediction of that calliber unless they thought it were to be true! Those numbers come from the population #'s for the counties I mentioned which is from the 2004 census estimates, which will drastically change in the coming years. The Fed Gov puts counties in the MSA based on the influence that the "main" county or counties has on the outlying counties which is true for Taney, Stone, Dade and Lawrence. The Springfield/Branson area has a large influence on much of the Ozarks and alway's will.

50% of the county MUST commute to the central county to be added. Do some research.

Also, the 2005 estimated population of the Springfield MSA is 398,124.

So, it is not over 400,000 like you said.

Source:

http://www.census.gov

2005 100 US fastest growing counties: http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/CO-EST2005-09.html

Christian County, MO #58

Benton County, AR #82

LOL that doesn't mean jack...why do you keep plastering that everywhere. One county in your area is growing at a higher than average rate. It's high percentage, but small numbers because the county is

so rural. It's not enough to keep NWA from zooming past Springfield.

2005 MSA Populations Estimates:

Fayetteville / Springdale / Rogers - 405,101 (doesn't include population from special census counts)

Springfield - 398,124

From 2000-2005, Christian County gained 13,000 people...Benton County gained 35,000. Now which is growing faster in real numbers? LOL and they were only 2 percentage points apart. Christian at 23.9, Benton at 21.9. You're wacky. Most of those counties in between are separated by .1 of a percent. LOL If this is all you have, then you're in trouble.

Washington County gained 23,000.

And this doesn't count the special census counts that have shown that the area is growing much faster

than the estimates.

You're wacky. Most of those counties in between are separated by .1 of a percent. LOL If this is all you have, then you're in trouble.

Why do you alway's act as if I am trying to win a game or something. If anyone on this site is "Waky" it would be you. I love seeing your posts because it seems you think you know everything. Although the Springfield MSA is not growing as fast as Fay MSA, Springfield MSA still holds its own by gaining more than 30,000 people in a five year period. Every city planner here is talking about getting ready for a large surge in population in the near future.

Why do you alway's act as if I am trying to win a game or something. If anyone on this site is "Waky" it would be you. I love seeing your posts because it seems you think you know everything. Although the Springfield MSA is not growing as fast as Fay MSA, Springfield MSA still holds its own by gaining more than 30,000 people in a five year period. Every city planner here is talking about getting ready for a large surge in population in the near future.

You're the one that makes it look like you're trying to win a game by plastering everywhere that Christian County is the 58th fastest growing county, while Benton County is 80something. But as you saw in my last post, Benton County gained a whole lot more people than Christian County. Yes, Springfield did add about 30,000, but in that same time period, NWA added nearly double that. City planners are getting ready for a large surge in population in the near future??? Where are they getting such a thing from? Do they have a magic 8 ball? There's nothing that would bring in a large surge of population. So I take it they think people are just going to get up and start moving to Springfield for no apparrent reason? *shakes head*

There has to be some kind of force to bring in people like that. Northwest Arkansas has the job growth, Springfield's job growth isn't that great to support a much larger influx than it's already seeing.

Anyway, As I've said to you before, I'm not hating on Springfield, I like taking a drive up there to the area.

I'm glad it's growing. I think having two decent sized metros that close together will be a good thing for both. Northwest Arkansas has outgrown the Springfield metro and is now the most prominent metro in the region. NWA's job growth is unheard of in most of the country. Only a few places are experiencing that kind of job growth. With Wal-Mart and the vendors they continue to bring in, that will only strengthen the hold as the most prominent metro. I didn't make that up or decide that, it's just the way it is.

I'm not trying to be in a contest...However, I'm not going to sit around while you spew out all kinds of misleading info trying to make out like Springfield is a huge metropolis that is so much better than NWA.

I love reading your posts when you're telling us what's going on there. I look forward to seeing what is planned and happening there. I just don't like it when you start throwing up all of this misleading info and over hype about growth and all that trying to make us think Springfield is more than it is. You seem to have a complex because NWA is now the region's leader. Tell us about Springfield and all of the great things going on there...just don't pee on our shoes and tell us it's raining.

You're the one that makes it look like you're trying to win a game by plastering everywhere that Christian County is the 58th fastest growing county, while Benton County is 80something. But as you saw in my last post, Benton County gained a whole lot more people than Christian County. Yes, Springfield did add about 30,000, but in that same time period, NWA added nearly double that. City planners are getting ready for a large surge in population in the near future??? Where are they getting such a thing from? Do they have a magic 8 ball? There's nothing that would bring in a large surge of population. So I take it they think people are just going to get up and start moving to Springfield for no apparrent reason? *shakes head*

There has to be some kind of force to bring in people like that. Northwest Arkansas has the job growth, Springfield's job growth isn't that great to support a much larger influx than it's already seeing.

Anyway, As I've said to you before, I'm not hating on Springfield, I like taking a drive up there to the area.

I'm glad it's growing. I think having two decent sized metros that close together will be a good thing for both. Northwest Arkansas has outgrown the Springfield metro and is now the most prominent metro in the region. NWA's job growth is unheard of in most of the country. Only a few places are experiencing that kind of job growth. With Wal-Mart and the vendors they continue to bring in, that will only strengthen the hold as the most prominent metro. I didn't make that up or decide that, it's just the way it is.

I'm not trying to be in a contest...However, I'm not going to sit around while you spew out all kinds of misleading info trying to make out like Springfield is a huge metropolis that is so much better than NWA.

I love reading your posts when you're telling us what's going on there. I look forward to seeing what is planned and happening there. I just don't like it when you start throwing up all of this misleading info and over hype about growth and all that trying to make us think Springfield is more than it is. You seem to have a complex because NWA is now the region's leader. Tell us about Springfield and all of the great things going on there...just don't pee on our shoes and tell us it's raining.

NWA has outgrown Springfield in population (by 6,000 woppie) not in prominece and is still has lots of catching up to do. With almost every post that I make I give a link to back up my info, please look back and tell me otherwise. You on the other hand hardly ever post a link. I don't plaster that Christian county rating everywhere, I posted it to show that they keep moving up the list. For you to say that Springfield's job growth isn't that great to support a much larger influx than it's already seeing is BS. Springfield accounted for more than 1/3 of Missouri's job growth in 2004-2005 while KC saw a slight decline, St. Louis saw little growth, and has been above the national average for 20 years now. Springfield is also known for being one of the top places in the country for business expansion. Many businesses that started here 5-20 years ago have seen phenominal growth and are planting business throughout Missouri, E. Kansas, E. Oklahoma and Northern Arkansas with some being franchised. For example O' Reilly Auto Parts, Andy's frozen Custard (which opened a location in Rogers) are spreading allover. Big companies are now noticing this great setup and are exspressing much interest. NWA, like you said, has vendors for Wal-Mart sprouting up in the area but are not all the great things you try to make it seem like. A person trying to sell moodrings from their home is considered a vendor. While NWA has Wally World to do all their great things for them Springfield has done it on it's own and is now getting noticed in many ways.

Branson

Branson Meadows, a P&H Properties, LLC subsidiary, is a mixed-use, comprehensive development covering approximately 300 acres of land that runs primarily between Gretna Road and Shepherd of the Hills from the north to the south flanking the 300,000 square foot Factory Outlet Mall. Various uses may be accommodated within the development including retail centers, light office, theme parks, resort, hotel, restaurant and residential. Branson Meadows is ideally situated just off to the north and west of Downtown Branson overlooking the bluffs above highway 76. Gretna Road, the main artery through Branson Meadows, is quickly becoming one of the most traveled roads in the area as an alternative to the congested highway 76

Archived