Branson/Springfield

Hey sounds like a good idea..... Anyway's I wanted to tell ya'll about about an awesome design firm in Springfield. They are Haggerman New Urbanism and have won many prestigious awards for their work and designs. Check out the design for the Springfield Arena its pretty amazing. Although the arena has been uped to 20,000 seats this design would still be cool to incorparate for the new design. Also check out the OTC (Ozarks Technical Community College) design and building. This company is also known for their work in the great art studios in Downtown Springfield as well.

arena_small.jpg

Are most of those buildings in Springfield? I noticed the two houses are outside the area. One in Japan and the other is a proposed design for a house in 'northern Arkansas'. They certainly seem to be giving Springfield a more contemporary look.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are most of those buildings in Springfield? I noticed the two houses are outside the area. One in Japan and the other is a proposed design for a house in 'northern Arkansas'. They certainly seem to be giving Springfield a more contemporary look.

Yes, most of the buildings are in Springfield. The church though, is in KC metro. They haven't updated their website yet because there are many other projects that they have designed and have been built. Including a 20 million 16,000 sqf. home on Table Rock Lake.

I don't know if any of you have heard about Springfield Brewing Co. so I though I would post some info on it. Springfield Brewing Co. is one of the few breweries in the world built, operated and owned by a brewery equipment fabrication company. Paul Mueller Company began laying the ground work for Springfield Brewing Company in the fall of 1996 for the purposes of brewery equipment research and development. Anxious to share with the public the wide assortment of fresh, high-quality beers brew in name of innovation, Paul Mueller Company established this restaurant and pub. As well as great beer, the brew co. also has menu full of delicious entrees along with bands from across the nation playing shows weekly.

outside.jpg

Oh, ok. So Mason's post was an irrelevant reply to Tim's post.... :D

Actually, Branson's biggest music boom occurred in the 80's...

"Branson's tourism boom in the 1980's is mostly attributed to the arrival of several maintsteam country stars such as Roy Clark, Mel Tillis, Ray Stevens, Jim Stafford and Boxcar Willie as well as the growth of the Kanakuk Camps."

However, all Branson has is it's "variety shows", whereas Nashville's music scene isn't even close to it's biggest industry...

"Although Nashville is renowned for being a major music recording center and tourist destination, its largest industry is actually health care. Nashville is home to more than 250 health care companies, including Hospital Corporation of America, the largest private operator of hospitals in the world. As of 2006, it is estimated that the health care industry contributes $18.3 billion a year and 94,000 jobs to the Nashville-area economy."

So that said let's quit comparing "Las Vegas for people without teeth" to Nashville! :blink:

Wikipedia.com

I don't know if any of you have heard about Springfield Brewing Co. so I though I would post some info on it. Springfield Brewing Co. is one of the few breweries in the world built, operated and owned by a brewery equipment fabrication company. Paul Mueller Company began laying the ground work for Springfield Brewing Company in the fall of 1996 for the purposes of brewery equipment research and development. Anxious to share with the public the wide assortment of fresh, high-quality beers brew in name of innovation, Paul Mueller Company established this restaurant and pub. As well as great beer, the brew co. also has menu full of delicious entrees along with bands from across the nation playing shows weekly.

outside.jpg

I can't say I have heard of it before. Looks interesting though. Next time I'm in Springfield I'll have to check out the tour. Personally I think I'd find a tour of a smaller facility like this more interesting than a tour of one of those huge plants. Have you had any of their beers?

Oh, ok. So Mason's post was an irrelevant reply to Tim's post.... :D

It's irellevant to compare Springfield to any city that is famous for it's legendary music history. Springfield never had a music history remotely close to cities such as Nashville, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Memphis, Chicago, Austin and yes even Branson.

So maybe my post was irrelevant to Springfield, but when it comes to music Springfield can only claim it's sister city Branson's music roots because without Branson it doesn't even have music roots. Like I said before Springfield is just a city named Springield with no claim to fame... period. It is still a great city, just not one with great music, but the same can be said about Fayetteville.

Oh. I thought you were trying to refute Tim's statements about Springfield (that it may have been comparable in the 50s but its not today).....but you thought he was talking about Branson instead and therefore responded:

"Actually, Branson's biggest music boom occurred in the 80's..."

..as opposed to the 50s (for Springfield).

Oh. I thought you were trying to refute Tim's statements about Springfield (that it may have been comparable in the 50s but its not today).....but you thought he was talking about Branson instead and therefore responded:

"Actually, Branson's biggest music boom occurred in the 80's..."

..as opposed to the 50s (for Springfield).

You got me. Had I realized Tim was talking about Springfield I wouldn't have made a comment since Springfield never had a music boom... more like a music pin drop when compared to places with famous music roots. :thumbsup:

I can't say I have heard of it before. Looks interesting though. Next time I'm in Springfield I'll have to check out the tour. Personally I think I'd find a tour of a smaller facility like this more interesting than a tour of one of those huge plants. Have you had any of their beers?

Yes, they have some very good tasteing beers. Springfield Brew Co. is most popular for their Malt and Lager beer's. My personal Favorite is their Lager, it is a very tasty beer.

Yes, they have some very good tasteing beers. Springfield Brew Co. is most popular for their Malt and Lager beer's. My personal Favorite is their Lager, it is a very tasty beer.

I didn't see it in the list of beers but I did notice it had won an award but I think I'd be interested in the Doppel Bock.

Here is a couple of the really nice restaurants in Downtown Springfield. The food at these places is unbelieveable.

Bijan's Sea and Grille (there is also a ritzy cigar bar upstairs).

maindiningarea.jpg

Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar

Patton Alley Pub This Pub has over 34 beers on tap and are adding more every month! It is also a great place for live music.

The Rasta Grille is known for their authentic Carribean food. At over $20 a plate it is still worth every dime.

Ernie Biggs Chicago Style Dueling Piano Bar This is one of the most fun atmosphere's in Downtown Springfield. I noticed that there is also one in Downtown Little Rock as well.

0229-Nightclubs_2.jpg

Mille's Cafe offers anything your tastebuds desire.

Gallery Bistro is a favorite for theater goers. It is located between the famous Little Theater and Vandivort Theater. They also offer free Valet Parking.

In addition to these fine restaurants there are dosens more in Downtown Springfield.

Traffic on Branson's "Strip" (Hwy. 76) is almost alway's at a standstill and was on the list of worst trafficed roads in 2003. This is why the city is weighing their options on how to elieveate the traffic problem in Branosn. An elevated Transit System musch like the one's in big cities is among those options. The "elevated guideway" with trains traveling in both directions would run on tracks on a raised platform 15 to 25 feet above the three-lane highway. Proposals include a bus system to connect the rail system to other routes around town. One of several possible routes under consideration for the rail system is 6.5 miles with 11 stations about a half-mile apart. The basic system would start downtown near Branson Landing, go north on U.S. Business 65 with a stop at Skaggs Community Health Center to avoid a steep hill, then along Missouri 76 ending near Celebration City on the west edge of town. Branson's Traffic Commitie likes this idea becasue it would also attract poeple to see the scenic views it would provide.

DO2148739.JPG

read more.....http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../603100346/1092

Wow, that looks like an expensive project if they decide to do that. I guess the good thing is that Branson isn't a too big and you wouldn't have to do that very far. But with the money going into developments there I guess I wouldn't be too surprised to see a project like this done.

On your earlier post, looks like some interesting restaurants. I noticed a Caribbean place, don't think we have anything like that here in NWA. We do have a dueling piano bar here in Fayetteville called Willie D's.

Branson

Branson Hills Plaza, a new 141-acre development is located at the northwest corner of the U.S. Highway 65 and Bee Creek Road interchange. Target and Home Depot will anchor the first phase of the multi-phase development along with a number of other retailers, including TJ Maxx, and several restaurants. Target, Home Depot an Tj Maxx are already open. Phases two and three will include the development of more shops and restaurants over the next four years. The first phase will cost $33 million and include 300,000 square feet of space available for lease, and over the next 10 years, Branson Hills Plaza will expand to 1-million square feet.

The Branson Planning & Zoning Commission gave approval last Tuesday to plans that would bring a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Sam

Branson

Branson Hills Plaza, a new 141-acre development is located at the northwest corner of the U.S. Highway 65 and Bee Creek Road interchange. Target and Home Depot will anchor the first phase of the multi-phase development along with a number of other retailers, including TJ Maxx, and several restaurants. Target, Home Depot an Tj Maxx are already open. Phases two and three will include the development of more shops and restaurants over the next four years. The first phase will cost $33 million and include 300,000 square feet of space available for lease, and over the next 10 years, Branson Hills Plaza will expand to 1-million square feet.

The Branson Planning & Zoning Commission gave approval last Tuesday to plans that would bring a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Sam

Still a little weird for me to think of Branson having stores like these when it's not very big. Although there is population scattered around the area. Lots of tourists, but do they shop do much shopping at places like these?

Most definately! They can't build Outlet Shops fast enough down there. Many, many Springfieldian's shop their probably 4 times annually not to mention all the tourists and residences. With Tanger Outlet, Branson Meadow's, Red Roof 90 outlets, etc........ It just never seems to end. Once all the Estates, Houses, Condos.... are completed in Branson Meadows, there will be an estimated 6,000 residents just in that area!

DO1559419.JPG

"For the town of about 6,600 residents, the Branson Hills subdivision will ultimately add 1,995 homes, condominiums and apartments. The next largest subdivision in Branson is Pointe Royale, a development built in the 1980s with 1,013 residences now. Branson Hills will provide even more jobs for the thousands of contractors and builders already working the area in droves. An estimated 2,500 new jobs are expected to open this year in two large shopping centers. And to keep up with the growth, new roads and schools also are being built.Home lots are expected to go on sale in March, Huffman said. Lots range from $35,000 to $200,000 for prime golf course sites."(and that's just the pric of the property!)

^read more......http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../NEWS/601100377

Branson,

Cross Creek is on 100 acres of rolling hills just east of Branson. Epps plans 160 homes and condominiums and a community center built around a 3.5-acre lake stocked with fish and a 1,200-foot "babbling brook."

The development also will include a 28,000-square-foot shopping center. Tenants will include a pharmacy, beauty salon, gas station, offices and a neighborhood grocery occupying 11,500 square feet with a deli, bakery and meat market.

Cross Creek is defined by stone pedestals at the entrance and its "Euro-world" style. Design features include beamed ceilings, screened back porches, plastered walls, cupolas and copper finials atop the roofs. Each of four "neighborhoods"

Branson,

Cross Creek is on 100 acres of rolling hills just east of Branson. Epps plans 160 homes and condominiums and a community center built around a 3.5-acre lake stocked with fish and a 1,200-foot "babbling brook."

The development also will include a 28,000-square-foot shopping center. Tenants will include a pharmacy, beauty salon, gas station, offices and a neighborhood grocery occupying 11,500 square feet with a deli, bakery and meat market.

Cross Creek is defined by stone pedestals at the entrance and its "Euro-world" style. Design features include beamed ceilings, screened back porches, plastered walls, cupolas and copper finials atop the roofs. Each of four "neighborhoods"

Archived