Carowinds

monsoon

3 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

Goodbye childhood

I don’t think it’ll get removed, maybe just extensive refurbishment/retheming that will have it closed this season. 

If it is getting removed, that leaves nothing but future expansion for the park, which is still a good thing. Although it would leave the actual park without a water ride. 

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I go back even further with the Log Flume I always wanted to be in front on those hot Carolina summer days.  

What about the big boat? That went up and then splashed water on the way down on everyone? Is that still there? 

I also miss the super saturator 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

What about the big boat? That went up and then splashed water on the way down on everyone? Is that still there? 

I also miss the super saturator 

I am pretty sure that is long gone just like my childhood favorites the Oaken Bucket and the Goldrusher roller coaster

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 4:54 AM, TheOneRJ said:

Also noticing the rapids ride has been removed from the park website. 

It was without doubt the most in-efficient ride in the park.  Not sure if because of the layout, ride, whatever but the lines would be stupid long even if there weren't that many people in the park or in line.   I say good riddance unless they correct the issues.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

It was without doubt the most in-efficient ride in the park.  Not sure if because of the layout, ride, whatever but the lines would be stupid long even if there weren't that many people in the park or in line.   I say good riddance unless they correct the issues.   

The long lines were because they were using the outdated style rafts that have less capacity than newer raft style rides such as Infinity Falls at SeaWorld. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

I’m not really sure what you’re expecting to see from a regional chain park. 

Well, they have been adding new things to the park every year, but IMO they should focus a bit more on that part of the experience as the attractions are already good.

6 hours ago, tozmervo said:

They've been upgrading it in swaths over time. It's gotten much better than it used to be

Agreed.

• Like 1

I visited Cedar Point last year and I noticed that, despite being on a little island, the walking experience seemed much nicer. There is a huge midway from the main entrance straight down the middle with cable cars all the way to the Dragster. It’s a vast area surrounded on all size by coasters with a constant breeze. 

I did see that Carowinds is currently re-doing the area in front of the new Copperhead Strike coaster. They’re changing Wings to some kind of Country Kitchen and removing the games that were in the middle. They’re also renovating the Lazer Maze and Arcade that’s there. Hopefully they’ll continue these improvements all around the park in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^ Wow.  I am not surprised about the rapids ride, though it does surprise me a little that they're getting rid of it totally vs. improving it.  Makes me think they have something big planned for both plots.

The Dinosaurs Alive thing is not a surprise.  Honestly, once you've gone through once, there's almost no reason to go through again...