Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Geaux Saints!! I think I had 2 or 3 heart attacks along the way...but I sure did like the final score. Deuce is the man. I was at the game...and it was loud...but not as loud as the Atlanta game. An awesome time. I'm glad I got season tickets this year.

I passed out when bush fumbled the ball, if we would have lost I would've cried

Great game between the Chargers and the Patriots! San Diego had a chance to tie the game on a field goal with 8 seconds remaining, but they missed the 53 yarder. The Patriots upset the Chargers 24-21, and advance to play the Indianapolis Colts next week in the AFC Championship.

Great game between the Chargers and the Patriots! San Diego had a chance to tie the game on a field goal with 8 seconds remaining, but they missed the 53 yarder. The Patriots upset the Chargers 24-21, and advance to play the Indianapolis Colts next week in the AFC Championship.

I actually thought that the chargers will be in the superbowl. We have to win this game against chicago.

I actually thought that the chargers will be in the superbowl. We have to win this game against chicago

The Patriots/Brady just have that playoff savvy. Poor Peyton Manning faces them AGAIN!!!

I think the Saints have a great shot vs. the Bears; eventhough early line has Bears 3 pt. favorites; usually the home team is given 3 pts. by Vegas. Pressure Grossman; he is not as elusive as Garcia. Wonder what the weather will be like in Chi-town next Sunday??

***More Good News!!! It's been reported that All-American DT- Glen Dorsey will stay at LSU for his Senior season!!!

^The weather looks great right now, but that is sure to change over the next week. But as of now, it looks like Chicago will be sunny and 32 next Sunday, with only a 10% chance of precipitation. If the weather ends up being anything close to that, I don't see it becoming much of a factor at all.

***More Good News!!! It's been reported that All-American DT- Glen Dorsey will stay at LSU for his Senior season!!!

That is fantastic! Though I'm suprised that he decided to return, as most NFL Draft experts had him marked as a sure 1st Round pick. He will be a huge anchor for LSU's defense next year! :thumbsup:

Now I'm in a spot. I grew up in IL...so I'm a big Bears fan...but the Saints have grown on me these last few years here in New Orleans. I think I will end up rooting for the team of my youth...but if the Bears lose...I definitely won't be upset...I'll be partying my butt off that the Saints are Superbowl bound. I guess it's a win-win for me in the long run...but I don't think I will be very popular this week.

I can't believe the Chargers lost...I had them going all the way in the office pool. Schottenheimer just can't get it done in the playoffs.

Now I'm in a spot. I grew up in IL...so I'm a big Bears fan...but the Saints have grown on me these last few years here in New Orleans. I think I will end up rooting for the team of my youth...but if the Bears lose...I definitely won't be upset...I'll be partying my butt off that the Saints are Superbowl bound. I guess it's a win-win for me in the long run...but I don't think I will be very popular this week.

I can't believe the Chargers lost...I had them going all the way in the office pool. Schottenheimer just can't get it done in the playoffs.

If the Saints advance to the Superbowl , who do you guys think we will play? I'm thinking the Patriots

It's ironic the Colts will be playing the Patriots in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years. Very interesting game for sure. Will this finally be the year New Orleans native QB Peyton Manning will finally shake them Patriots?? The Colts D has brought it in the playoffs so far; allowing only 8 points to the Chiefs and 6 to the Ravens. (ex-LSU) Rookie RB Joesph Addai has been fun to watch and their run game has been good enough to take some pressure off of Peyton. But like you said eastover those Patriots have playoff savvy; that can't be dismissed.

Both "Home" teams are 3 point favorites.

I really like the Saints chances; you can't count them-out. I wish Horn was healthy!!! If Charles Grant and the boyz can get inside of Grossman's head it could be a long afternoon. Bears fans may throw him into Lake Michigan. :silly:

It's ironic the Colts will be playing the Patriots in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years. Very interesting game for sure. Will this finally be the year New Orleans native QB Peyton Manning will finally shake them Patriots?? The Colts D has brought it in the playoffs so far; allowing only 8 points to the Chiefs and 6 to the Ravens. (ex-LSU) Rookie RB Joesph Addai has been fun to watch and their run game has been good enough to take some pressure off of Peyton. But like you said eastover those Patriots have playoff savvy; that can't be dismissed.

Both "Home" teams are 3 point favorites.

I really like the Saints chances; you can't count them-out. I wish Horn was healthy!!! If Charles Grant and the boyz can get inside of Grossman's head it could be a long afternoon. Bears fans may throw him into Lake Michigan. :silly:

I'm really hoping it ends up as a Colts/Saints Superbowl. I don't want to see the Patriots go again.

I'm really hoping it ends up as a Colts/Saints Superbowl. I don't want to see the Patriots go again.

Can you imagine how that would affect the Manning family! :lol:

Peyton playing against his hometown team, his father's team, and the team he grew up loving. And Archie having his son playing against his old team, and the team of his adopted hometown of New Orleans.

Wow, check out all the Louisiana sports news today. Gary Crowton is the new LSU offensive coordinator, Sean Payton wins the Maxwell Award for Top NFL Coach and Saints' Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis was selected as the NFL Executive of the Year.

I think that Gary Crowton will be good for LSU. Look what he did for LA Tech's offense while he was there. Everywhere he has been, whether it was Tech, BYU or Oregon, he has had one of the nation's top offenses. I personally always thought Jimbo Fisher held back LSU, I could be wrong though.

Here are all the story's if anyone's interested from the S'port Times.

LSU hires Gary Crowton as offensive coordinator

Payton garners Maxwell Award as top NFL Coach

Saints nab All-NFL honors; Loomis Named Executive of the Year

^ Hey jcasey, thanks for the head's-up. You are right! LSU hiring Gary Crowton should only translate into a high-octane Offense that will be FUN to watch. I will miss(so will he and Matt Flynn) LSU's Top 2 Senior WR's Dwayne Bowe and Craig "Buster" Davis who are headed for the NFL. That made J Russ decision to leave earlier for the NFL even easier.

Wow, what a great find for the Saints!! Great head coach!

Will it...could it...be a Payton vs. Peyton Super Bowl???????

Edited by richyb83

Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves....

I think we CAN and SHOULD win this Sunday in Chicago, but my gut, which has been through decades of Saints disappointments, says don't look that far yet. We're one game away, and we need to put all of the focus into that one game. I know this is a completely different Saints team, but the old Saints still stick with me sometimes. ;)

I also think Gary Crowton will make the LSU offense fun to watch. Look at what he did with lesser players at Tech. If he can do it with them he can have LSU scoring 40 points per game. I think the loss of Bowe, Davis and Russell will hurt, but we should have the talent to fill those gaps. Flynn was the Peach Bowl MVP, not too shabby. With Dorsey coming back the D will be awesome too. I just hate we are loosing Landry.

I agree with you Nate. The Saints have made my stomach hurt in the past, but I don't have that feeling with this team. I am not waiting for them to throw it away, although they almost did Saturday with that Reggie Bush fumble. I think that we should be able to beat the Bears. I get a sick feeling when I look at the AFC competition though. I just wonder if we can handle them. Hopefully we get to see!

Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves....

Just a little play on names being similar....I know better than to look ahead; because anything is possible..especially in the NFL. ONE GAME AT A TIME is a "Must"... Look at the Super Bowl prediction forum...I refuse to make a prediction(past, present, future)..because no one really knows :dontknow:

I have been a Saints fan all of my life and almost immune to all the pain that has been caused. But for now this is sweet, rarified air for sure!

Edited by richyb83

Look at the Super Bowl prediction forum...I refuse to make a prediction(past, present, future)..because no one really knows :dontknow:

Same here, Richy. I have yet to make a prediction or even make a comment in that thread. I just don't want to screw anything up! ;)

I guess I was just adding to what you and Rod were saying from earlier... :thumbsup:

Peyton playing against his hometown team, his father's team, and the team he grew up loving. And Archie having his son playing against his old team, and the team of his adopted hometown of New Orleans.

Props to Bear All-Pro Line-Backer Brian Urlacher; one of my favorites. Just not this Sunday.

Are yall as stoked as I am??? I get butterfies when I think about it! This is all like a dream. Deuce says there are still more chapters left to this story. Almost 20 hours til game-time!!!!!!

Hey Nate, how are you feeling about the Saints/Bears game?? What's your "gut" (feeling) been saying during the week?? And now too??

The "Dulymus Factor" Deuce is the key!!!

Somehow my brother got tickets to the game thru a friend who is now living up in Valparaiso (SE suburb in Indiana) was displaced from St.Bernard.

They are predicting 60% snow with temps in upper 20's?? Payton is more concerned with finding the right cleats for footing with the resodded field. They aren't too worried about the elements.

*Tricky Nick is trying to sway several LSU commitments including West Monroe D-Line duo Will Blackwell and Luther Davis. And Mobile AL DB- Phelon Jones. The West Monroe guys are not going anywhere but LSU; I'm not so sure about the Alabama boy??

Edited by richyb83