Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

It's tough, but we've just got to swallow it. The Saints had an amazing year, going from last to first and going places no one could have imagined. Of course no one wanted it all to end in this fashion, but it did, and we'll get over it eventually. This is a team and a franchise built for the long-haul, and I'm as excited as ever to see what the Saints can do next year. They had an amazing impact on the people of New Orleans this year, and while it is extremely disappointing to see it all end, we have to remember just how far they came this year.

some of the Bear fans were totally classless and will one day be accountable for what they were saying. They told the girl he was with "you should have drown with the dome with Katrina"...how sick & evil is that???

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Richy. I've always known Chicagoans and most Bears fans to be great people, and some of the biggest lovers of New Orleans you'll ever meet. The fans who were saying things like that were probably drunk, and and certainly don't reflect the entire fanbase. You'll hear some pretty nasty, ignorant, and unnecessary stuff in any NFL stadium, or any serious sporting event, for that matter.

And in other NFL news, Cowboys coach Bill Parcells retired again today, deciding to leave the league altogether.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9947249

I thought he did that yesterday? Maybe he just announced it yesterday but officially did it today. It's time... he's wanted to be retired anyway. I'd much rather keep him over T.O. and Jerry Jones ANY day.

I thought he did that yesterday? Maybe he just announced it yesterday but officially did it today. It's time... he's wanted to be retired anyway. I'd much rather keep him over T.O. and Jerry Jones ANY day.

I don't know, I think he was getting up there in age and I wasn't that overly impressed with the job he did at Dallas. I don't mean that to sound like a slam. But I think a lot of people expected a bit more out of him.

I don't know, I think he was getting up there in age and I wasn't that overly impressed with the job he did at Dallas. I don't mean that to sound like a slam. But I think a lot of people expected a bit more out of him.

Agreed. What I meant, though, is that I genuinely like him and would rather keep him over T.O. and Jerry Jones. But yes, the Tuna has seen better days. I've said all along that he's not what he used to be.... he used to be a miracle worker, and even he couldn't fix the Cowboys.

It will be interesting to see who the next coach will be for the Cowboys??

It's impressive to see how young the Saints O-Line is. You are right Nate, this is a team built for the long haul.

I wish Bush hadn't taunted Urlacher on that awesome 88 yard TD reception. He later apologized to Payton.

Agreed. What I meant, though, is that I genuinely like him and would rather keep him over T.O. and Jerry Jones. But yes, the Tuna has seen better days. I've said all along that he's not what he used to be.... he used to be a miracle worker, and even he couldn't fix the Cowboys.

I guess I can't give Jerry Jones a hard time. He's an Arkansas guy and keeps a lot of Arkansas ties there with the organization.

It appears that Luther Davis, a defensive end from West Monroe High School, has switched his commitment from LSU. What an idiot. How could anyone from Louisiana go to Alabama in the first place? Then, you add Nick Saban to Alabama and somehow it is more attractive? If you are from Louisiana you should hate all listed. Check out the quote from the story.

"Coach (Nick) Saban was a huge reason for me switching because I believe in what he's trying to do and I know how great a coach he can be,'' Davis told BamaOnLine.com. "I know he's going to have Alabama in the national championhip game in the next three years. My relationship with him and coach (Lance) Thompson was the difference."

Let's all say it in unison, I hate Nick Satan.

Here's the link to the story. Report: West Monroe's Davis switches from LSU to Bama

Thanks for that jcasey. Thankfully LSU is loaded on the D-Line; with more studs on the way. So losing Luther Davis may not sting as much?? I am really suprised..Saban might be sharing a small fraction of that $32mil. contract :whistling:

Good question Rod! Man...SEC West basketball is crazy so far this season. Georgia down by 17 comes back to beat Kentucky; Auburn whipped Bama and Arkansas put a serious 20 point smack-down on LSU. Alabama is erratic....Florida looks to be head and shoulders(in SEC) above the rest with 2nd place up for grabs. LSU is really struggling; their 19 game SEC Win Streak at Home was halted by Vandy Wed. Night. Glen "Big Baby" Davis really misses Tyrus Thomas who bolted to the Chicago Bulls. He is constantly double teamed these days. The SEC has figured out to just play "Zone" Defense on LSU. They have a couple of talented transfers (eligible 2nd semester)Terry Martin (Texas Tech) and Dameon Mason(Marquette); but they are still trying to develop a chemistry. They have already put themselves on the NCAA Tornament "Bubble". If they put it all together they have Sweet 16 potential. I just know they have not looked very good.

Edited by richyb83

The North/South Senior Bowl is being played right now in Mobile Alabama. But the NFL Network (not ESPN) is carrying the game <_< Two LSU players; WR-Dwayne Bowe and DE-Chase Pittman are in the game. WR-Buster Davis had to drop-out of the game with a groin injury. DB-Laron Landry was also invited to play; don't know the exact reason why??

Also participating in todays game:

Baton Rouge native LB-Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma); Shreveport DB-Jonathan Wade (Tennessee)

Well if you guys haven't started hating Saban you've got even more reason now. He admitted to using a slur that is offensive to Cajuns. Although he hasn't apologized for it yet. Certainly sounds like he's burned all his bridges back to LSU. Not to say that I thought LSU was going to take him back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2749952

So what was the slur? The only word mentioned in that article that I can see being offensive is "coonass," but I don't remember that directly applying to Cajuns?

That's the slur I heard mentioned as well. All I know is that it's being reported as something rather offensive to Cajuns.

I've always known the term "coonass" to just be just another variation of "redneck," not something directly applying to, or associated with, Cajuns. Of course I could be wrong, but if that is the slur he used, then I think this thing has been way overblown.

It's that time of year again!!!! National Signing Day is February 7th.

The LSU Tigers can make a strong push for the nations Top Class if they land 5-star players Joe McKnight-RB/Ath of powerhouse John Curtis HS, arguably the Top Rated player who will chose between LSU/USC next Wednesday on ESPN at 11:00 AM;

220 lb. DB-Chad Jones(LSU/Florida/Fla.State) of Southern Lab in BR who is a Major League Baseball prospect ; Texas Top WR Terrance Toliver (LSU/Florida); and East St.John DB- Stefoin Francois(LSU/Fla.State/Arkansas) who Les Miles is visiting tonight.

3 of Louisiana's 6 Top players(McKnight, Jones, Francois) were still Uncommitted.

It's going to be very interesting to see!!! LSU, Florida, and Tennessee should be battling for #1. Currently LSU's class of 07' is ranked #5 according to rivals.com The SEC is really flexing it's muscles as of late!

Football is a "year-round" sport in these parts.

Edited by richyb83

The Shreveport-Bossier AF2 team, the Battle Wings, has made a significant roster change this year. They've signed former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter. He's hoping arena football will be his spring board back to the NFL. Personall, I liked Quincy. He had a lot of work to do, but I liked the fact that he was willing to run the ball if necessary. Unfortunately, though, he relied on his running skills more than his throwing skills.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../702020318/1001

Quincy Carter shredded the Tiger secondary for over 300 yards passing years back....

I hope Arena Football prospers up in SBC. That's a nice venue to have it.

Baton Rouge had two Arena teams that eventually folded. The BR Blaze; and the Bayou Beast is where Saints Kick Returner Michael Lewis got his experience before becoming a 29 year old rookie.