Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Quincy Carter shredded the Tiger secondary for over 300 yards passing years back....

I hope Arena Football prospers up in SBC. That's a nice venue to have it.

Baton Rouge had two Arena teams that eventually folded. The BR Blaze; and the Bayou Beast is where Saints Kick Returner Michael Lewis got his experience before becoming a 29 year old rookie.

We've had this team for a few years now and it's been very bad. I don't think they've had a single winning season, and they don't have a lot of public support. My bet is that Carter will spur a LOT of new interest in the team this year. Even I'm considering going back out to their games now, and I haven't been since their first season.

It's that time of year again!!!! National Signing Day is February 7th.

The LSU Tigers can make a strong push for the nations Top Class if they land 5-star players Joe McKnight-RB/Ath of powerhouse John Curtis HS, arguably the Top Rated player who will chose between LSU/USC next Wednesday on ESPN at 11:00 AM;

220 lb. DB-Chad Jones(LSU/Florida/Fla.State) of Southern Lab in BR who is a Major League Baseball prospect ; Texas Top WR Terrance Toliver (LSU/Florida); and East St.John DB- Stefoin Francois(LSU/Fla.State/Arkansas) who Les Miles is visiting tonight.

3 of Louisiana's 6 Top players(McKnight, Jones, Francois) were still Uncommitted.

It's going to be very interesting to see!!! LSU, Florida, and Tennessee should be battling for #1. Currently LSU's class of 07' is ranked #5 according to rivals.com The SEC is really flexing it's muscles as of late!

Football is a "year-round" sport in these parts.

Only problem for LSU is, the only players left on Florida's board (that it expects to get) are 5-stars, with the exception of one 4-star. :thumbsup:

But LSU has a shot. And however it turns out, the SEC is kicking a$$ and taking names.

Current rankings in SEC Recruiting according to rivals.com has 8 TEAMS in the Top 17!!!!

#1 Florida, #2 Tennessee, #5 LSU, #6 So.Carolina, #8 Georgia, #9 Auburn, #13 Alabama, #17 Ole Miss

*Not much to talk about in basketball with LSU seriously struggling with a 5 game losing skid and the NOK Hornets below 500.

If I had to pick a favorite team in the NBA it would be the Phoenix Suns; over the past few years since Stockton & Malone retired with the Jazz.

Dale, that sure is an Impressive run by the Gators to finish #1 in BOTH Basketball & Football. I am sure the baseball team will be contenders as well.

Edited by richyb83

The Saints will play their first 2007 season game in six months! Today it was officially announced that the Saints will kick off the NFL preason; they will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, OH on August 5th.

Saints gain extra exhibition

Lagniappe comes for Saints

Article

That means we'll only have to wait about 180 days for the Saints season to start instead of 187! ;)

I found the article just written last week...hope this helps Rod.

LSU baseball stadium project pushed back; so this might not be the last season at the Box??

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/5383381.html

The brand new stadium will be located a little furthur south down Nicholson about 1/2 mile

Edited by richyb83

I found the article just written last week...hope this helps Rod.

LSU baseball stadium project pushed back; so this might not be the last season at the Box??

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/5383381.html

The brand new stadium will be located a little furthur south down Nicholson about 1/2 mile

Thanks for the update Richy. Please post any renderings if you find them. Nice to see Arkansas and LSU working on staying on top with their baseball stadiums.

The Saints will play their first 2007 season game in six months! Today it was officially announced that the Saints will kick off the NFL preason; they will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, OH on August 5th.

Saints gain extra exhibition

Lagniappe comes for Saints

Article

That means we'll only have to wait about 180 days for the Saints season to start instead of 187! ;)

That's nice for the Saints to get the attention, but playing an extra pre-season game?? 4 games was already too much; but now 5 games.

National Signing Day is upon us; LSU looks to finish strong. The Tigers have recieved some big-time commitments these last few days!!! With the suprise commitment of DE-Sidell Corley (Mobile,AL); #5 Safety in the nation DB-Stefoin Francois and Texas 2nd rated player WR- Terrance Toliver. Looks to be another excellent recruiting class from Les Miles!!!

Rivals.com did their list of Best recruiting classes since 2002; USC dominated with 85 pts. followed by LSU with 59 and Florida with 58

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9978794

Yeah, I do not believe LSU could supply Joe with the proper ride that USC will. With Reggie Bush and Pete Carrol on speaker phones saying no problem, no sanctions here in Hollywood. There is no need for NFL Football in L.A. with what they have running over there. What USC has been able to do over the past 5 seasons with recruiting is remarkable

Last year USC tried to get another Top Louisiana player Keiland Williams. But he's a Tiger that destined for the NFL with his blend of power and speed.

Congrats to Les Miles and his staff. They have a GREAT Class for 07'. They still landed some great prospects despite missing on McKnight. LSU probably got the best pair of Safeties in the Nation with Jones and Francois!!! The D-Line is stacked!!! They addressed needs on the O-Line and got some top notch WR's. They also landed some great athletes from out-of-state Brooks from Texas and Phelon Jones from Mobile AL.

Edited by richyb83

The final rankings of 2007 recruiting classes:

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Tennessee

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. South Carolina

7. Auburn

8. Notre Dame

9. Georgia

10. Alabama

Another fantastic year for LSU, and another amazing year for the SEC; 7 of the top 10 schools are in the SEC! :w00t:

:rofl:

USC probes possible recruiting violation

Isn't this a big suprise. Seriously, it's only been 2 days and there's already an investigation. Apparently the Reggie Bush conference call with Pete Carroll and McKnight was a recruiting violation, but now all are denying it ever happened. I'm sure he just "misspoke" as Pete Carroll says. :whistling: It just shows the kind of character that Carroll, McKnight and J.T. Curtis have. I would be mad that Carroll has made me look like an idiot in front of the whole country, but it seems as though McKnight doesn't care.

:rofl:

I don't mean to rub 'salt' in any wounds here, but what happened to the basketball team? I know they had dropped off but guess I hadn't paid enough attention to realize they've lost 6 in a row now? Perhaps the good news for them is that they're playing Arkansas which hasn't won back to back SEC games all year. And they just won. But seriously, what's going wrong? I got the impression people had some really high expectations for this season. Did the early NBA exits really hurt the team that much?

It's a combination of things. They lost a few close ones at the end of game where they completely blew-it and really seem to have lost there confidence. It has snow-balled into one frustrating show! Their lack of a true point guard is killing them too, esp. in the turnover department. And losing Tyrus Thomas to the NBA and Sr. "clutch" leader Pt.Gaurd Darrel Mitchell did hurt them too.

The Razorbacks spanked LSU by 20 in Fayetteville a few weeks back. Steven Hill had alot of poster-boy dunks that day. I sure hope LSU plays better tommorrow. They have dug themselves a deep hole; but the SEC West is down and there not as far out as they could be.

What's up with the SEC West in basketball??

Edited by richyb83

It's a combination of things. They lost a few close ones at the end of game where they completely blew-it and really seem to have lost there confidence. It has snow-balled into one frustrating show! Their lack of a true point guard is killing them too, esp. in the turnover department. And losing Tyrus Thomas to the NBA and Sr. "clutch" leader Pt.Gaurd Darrel Mitchell did hurt them too.

The Razorbacks spanked LSU by 20 in Fayetteville a few weeks back. Steven Hill had alot of poster-boy dunks that day. I sure hope LSU plays better tommorrow. They have dug themselves a deep hole; but the SEC West is down and there not as far out as they could be.

What's up with the SEC West in basketball??

Tell me about it. At this rate you wonder if any team in the west is going to make it to the NCAA tournament. The last I heard there was still only one SEC West win on the road in conference play. Looks like the SEC East is by far the stronger side. Anyway back on the game Hill hurt his hamstring so he might not be having much of a game.

LSU continues to make a bad habit of blowing big early leads. Leading 17-6, then getting down 23-21. Tight ball game at the half.

They jumped out to a 14-3 lead on the road vs. Miss.State and lost; and blew an 62-54 8 pt. lead with 5 minutes left vs. Alabama. They can really be frustrating to watch sometimes.

Oh yeah, forgot to say....Pt.Guard erratic/in-the-dog-house Tack Minor left the team a couple weeks back with academic problems.

Edited by richyb83