Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

They miss obvious things all the time, even with all the cameras and officiating from above. That's why I don't like most NFL refs.

This game isn't half as good a matchup as I'd expected, and to say the least I'm quite pissed off.

What the hell was Parcells, a seasoned veteran head coach, doing throwing his challenge flag when he did? Even a 'rookie' head coach knows not to do that.

Gramatica misses, wide right. T.O. the friggin crybaby showboat hasn't done squat, and Romo just isn't hitting on anything tonight.

What a debacle. If the game continues like this, the Saints deserve the win.

Well, we've still got another 30 minutes to play, and I'm not even close to being "happy" yet. We've got to keep this up!

But still, that was a very impressive first half from the Saints all around. Great job by the team and the coaching staff thus far.

And how about all of the Saints fans making the trip to Dallas? You would hardly know this is an away game for the Saints when Deuce gets the ball! :thumbsup:

Well, we've still got another 30 minutes to play, and I'm not even close to being "happy" yet. We've got to keep this up!

But still, that was a very impressive first half from the Saints all around. Great job by the team and the coaching staff thus far.

And how about all of the Saints fans making the trip to Dallas? You would hardly know this is an away game for the Saints when Deuce gets the ball! :thumbsup:

I know... I was amazed how loud the crowd was when the Cowboys didn't have the ball. Very surprising for an away game, but I suppose not since lots of Saints fans from Shreveport probably went as well. I know a couple of Cowboys fans who are there, so no doubt lots of Saints fans went, too.

Has the second half started yet? I don't have the TV in this room anymore. I'd better go check, I've lost track of time.

I'm still pissed, and will continue to be unless there's a momentum change.

Edit: I see it's back on. Man, how screwed up is this team tonight!!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Wow, that was ugly, if you are a Dallas fan (Brian)! It was beautiful to us Saints fans. :lol: Maybe you should come over to our side Brian! Have you moved that ornament to the back yet??? I know I would have, by half time!!! Woohoo!!!

:rofl:

I think we're going to become very good friends, jcasey! :lol:

I am very proud of the Saints. I sure expected a much closer game.

You are right Nate, Sean Payton is an offensive genius! And cool Brees is the perfect fit. How bout that gut feeling Nate? What a run by Bush!!! Henderson stepped it up too. 10 different players had a reception tonight. That's what I call getting everybody involved! Karney 3 TD's! Wow..the fireplug fullback sure deserved that! And Deuce got his 100+ yards. All w/o Horn in the line-up too.

Good to see Colston back in the line-up; glad that was only a cramp. Did you see Brees quick 10-yard throw to Colston earlier in the game? That was sick!

I am proud of the Saints D too! They put some pressure on Romo; Fred Thomas played a great game, but I can't believe the ball slipped through his hands, instead of a INT it was a TD for TO. Good to see Will Smith back in there wrecking havoc; he really had an impact.

Grammatica is no better than Vanderjagt. Dallas plays Atlanta this Saturday night.

Either way, Dallas has played well up until this game. I don't know what happened but I was pissed off. Even more pissed when I realized I had to fork over $50. Not cool.

It's all good, though... historically speaking, Dallas should have lost anyway. That was really no big surprise. The mega-whipping, however, was.

Life goes on. I certainly don't live for football.

I'm looking for a new job... anyone need home plans designed?

Come to New Orleans then

:lol:

I'm not looking for a new job due to lack of opportunities here, I'm looking for a new job because there ARE opportunities here.

I just decided today that I'm ready to call it quits after 7 years where I currently work, and might even want to try something different. I'm thinking a political move (not mayor, city council, or anything that major) might be what I do.

:lol:

I'm not looking for a new job due to lack of opportunities here, I'm looking for a new job because there ARE opportunities here.

I just decided today that I'm ready to call it quits after 7 years where I currently work, and might even want to try something different. I'm thinking a political move (not mayor, city council, or anything that major) might be what I do.

Do you like education? you could run a seat at your local school board

Do you like education? you could run a seat at your local school board

We recently had those elections, so those seats are filled for now.

I'm thinking something in city government, but need to start low to get my foot in the door. But I have to keep my pay at least $50,000. Having no political background whatsoever, however, I may now have a chance there.

I may stay with what I do until I can get my foot in the door politically. I'm very confused right now, so I hope I get it all together. I can't leave where I am until I've figured it out, and I want to be out by April.

A great article from Fox Sports about the Saints and their fans:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6262422

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Special teams standout Steve Gleason likened the Saints' welcome home to a Mardi Gras parade, except that it happened on a dark and normally quiet airport access road around 2:30 a.m. Monday.
"It's awesome to see the type of support we got," said quarterback Drew Brees, who threw for 384 yards and five touchdowns. "It's like, where are we playing? Are we playing in New Orleans or are we playing in Dallas?"

We recently had those elections, so those seats are filled for now.

I'm thinking something in city government, but need to start low to get my foot in the door. But I have to keep my pay at least $50,000. Having no political background whatsoever, however, I may now have a chance there.

I may stay with what I do until I can get my foot in the door politically. I'm very confused right now, so I hope I get it all together. I can't leave where I am until I've figured it out, and I want to be out by April.

Like I said, "come to New Orleans e need all the help that we canget as you can see."

Either way, Dallas has played well up until this game. I don't know what happened but I was pissed off. Even more pissed when I realized I had to fork over $50. Not cool.

It's all good, though... historically speaking, Dallas should have lost anyway. That was really no big surprise. The mega-whipping, however, was.

Life goes on. I certainly don't live for football.

I'm looking for a new job... anyone need home plans designed?

Sorry for the late response, but I've been a bit busy lately. Here's my take on the game. I think Dallas was a bit cocky and thought they didn't have to change their gameplan. But Payton having been an assistant there for a while knew them pretty well and had a good idea what Dallas was going to do and really let them have it. Dallas really looked like they didn't have any answers for what the Saints were doing. Anyway not trying to take anything away from the Saints they played impressively. Just curious to see if they can finish off the season with this intensity. In the past the Saints seem to have been one of those teams that played up to competition but then would also play down to teams and would sometimes lose to some bad teams. Not sure if they're still prone to this with the new coach or not.

The Cowboys were definately over-confident coming into the game, and they payed for it dearly. As soon as the Saints began to click, Dallas had no idea what hit them. An 88 yard drive for a touchdown, a Romo interception, another touchdown, and then another touchdown, all in less than 13 minutes. And the Saints just put it away in the second half, no team was coming back to beat the Saints that night.

In the past, the Saints did always play very well against teams they were supposed to lose to, and then played badly against teams they were supposed to beat, like Rod mentioned. However, this isn't the old Saints, not even close. All week long Sean Payton has just kept everyone focused on Washington, and he will simply not allow the team to overlook the Redskins, nor will the players themselves. They know that if they win this weekend they clinch the NFC South and a playoff berth, and they won't let that slip. This is an extremely good team, and that's their strong point.

And if you really think about it, the Saints victory over Dallas was extremely impressive. 10 of Dallas' points were really pure luck, with one touchdown going off of a Saints players' hands and into T.O.'s hands for a touchdown. And the field goal coming after the ball hit another Saints player in the chest in the endzone. And the 42 points the Saints scored all came in only two quarters, and Drew Brees managed to throw for 384 yards and 5 touchdowns, without even throwing a pass in the 4th quarter. I see some homers on Cowboys forums saying the Saints really didn't prove anything or beat them that badly, but where I come from, that's called a good old fashioned ass kicking.

I'm very proud of my Saints. :D

I see some homers on Cowboys forums saying the Saints really didn't prove anything or beat them that badly, but where I come from, that's called a good old fashioned ass kicking.

Oh, puh-lease! As a Cowboys fan, even I know when it's time to admit defeat. A girl I know, who is a Cowboys fan, is still walking around talking trash; but in the end, the team who obviously played better was victorious. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The Saints aren't my number 1 team, but even I'm proud of them. If they played every game of the season like that one, they'd undoubtedly be Super Bowl-bound.