Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

They can't cause we aren't on that list!

Its a fact though and this is off topic thread

The point is we wouldn't go there Russ, especially the way you did. It's a very deep issue... I don't think it has a place on UP but I have no problem discussing it.

By the way, it uses stats from last year, before the new mayor, new police chief, and new initiatives by the RPD including the way they are organized.

"The Morgan Quitno survey ranks cities based on a city's crime-reported rate in six categories -- murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and vehicle theft.

Monroe said that as of Friday, homicides are down 6 percent in the city compared with the same time last year. He said investigators have made arrests in, or "cleared," 51 of the 79 homicides, and that the commonwealth's attorney's office has successfully prosecuted 47 of 50 murder cases it has tried this year.

Monroe also said rapes are down 12 percent, robberies are down 14 percent and aggravated assaults are 6 percent lower, as are burglaries and vehicle thefts. Monroe attributed the reductions to greater community involvement, helped in part by the department's recently implemented sector-policing strategy."

TD article

They've made a record number of arrests, and the prosecution rate is verrrrry high.

The Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority is also proposing doing away with the low-income housing projects where the crime is concentrated in favor of mixed-income developments that promote ownership.

By early next year, the city should have 50+ new officers, as well as pay raises for the force. The sector-policing strategy will have been refined by then and the benefits will be seen.

A couple years from now, see if you can make the same comment.

Great strides are being made. Wanna debate the problem? I can go there.

Want me to bring up something that a Norfolk resident would take offense to, in a smart a$$ way? Sorry, I won't go there.

The Greater Richmond Partnership's website has been updated...

new pic on the front:

main_image.jpg

Seems like they are really trying to appeal to international companies. Can't complain there! Some more high-paying jobs wouldn't hurt. :)

here's a link:

Greater Richmond Partnership

That skyline will look even better with Vistas and Centennial Towers rising :) Not to mention other things in the works!

Speaking of that, the richmond area just landed 600+ high-paying Northrop Grumman Tech jobs! I think I mentioned it in the business section. I think the area does a good job of marketing itself, despite a certain statistic that people tend to focus on. Heck, henrico even has a center in China for recruiting Chinese businesses for setting up in Richmond.

I'm sure HR gets its share of highpaying jobs. If it's not enough, I'm sure more will come with all the good news coming out of the area!