Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

:lol:

No, Louisiana isn't exactly known for its extremely elaborate interstate interstate interchanges. ;)

Since I visit out west several times a year it seems like I keep seeing states that somehow have the funds to go for aesthetics. Here's in Arkansas we're just happy to get the road built let along have it look nice. :lol:

Looking up between the new Harrah's Hotel(left) and the Loews Hotel(right):

img6614tk0.jpg

Hey that's a nice angle. Maybe one of these days my hometown will have tall enough buildings for me to try that. :lol:

Correct. Texas is awesome when it comes to decorative roadway structures.

Believe it or not from what I've seen New Mexico puts Texas to shame. Man they really get decorative. It's not just around Albuquerque either. They've been redoing all their I-40 interchanges. You see some pretty nice ones in the middle of nowhere.

Believe it or not from what I've seen New Mexico puts Texas to shame. Man they really get decorative. It's not just around Albuquerque either. They've been redoing all their I-40 interchanges. You see some pretty nice ones in the middle of nowhere.

Texas does have some nice stuff though. I didn't even know that had interstates like that, but i think that Louisiana's is at least nicer than Florida's. There stuff is very plain. They could use a little bit of landscaping too.

Another nice urban streetscape of New Orleans. I like the 4 story-bldgs. to the left with the high-rise in the background. Is that Tchoupitoulas ?

I like the name "Warehouse District"; sounds like a good place for some high-rise condo's and some renovation projects.

Edited by richyb83

I always thought it would be intereseting to see how the Burj Dubai would compare to some of the buildings in Louisiana, so I went on skyscrapercity I think it's called and made tihs. I had to take two seperate screen shots and piece them together to get that whole thing.

dubaisddskl4.png

Edited by NCB

Good work Dan ! :thumbsup: WOW. Put's it all in perspective. The modern day tower of Babel will go into the clouds. I see where they are on the 57th floor as of now ? 500 meters would be plenty IMO. I know they want to be taller than Freedom Tower.

I wish the State Capitol had the 3-D shadow like One Shell, bec. it's so skinny looking. Baton Rouge needs to borrow the AmSouth Tower instead of the One American Place that is there now. Am South has nice variation design and I like the capped-roof on top too.

Good work Dan ! :thumbsup: WOW. Put's it all in perspective. The modern day tower of Babel will go into the clouds. I see where they are on the 57th floor as of now ? 500 meters would be plenty IMO. I know they want to be taller than Freedom Tower.

Thanks. They will definitly do that. Burj Dubai is going to be atleast 2,600 feet tall. Freedom Tower is going to 1,776 feet tall. I heard that is just the roof, but if it is how high can they reasonably make the spire so that it's in proportion with the rest of the building.

Baton Rouge needs to borrow the AmSouth Tower instead of the One American Place that is there now. Am South has nice variation design and I like the capped-roof on top too.

I know. It's good to atleast have something, but they could have designed a better looking building than that. From some of the buildings I've seen, you can do really nice things with 20 stories towers if they are desinged right.

Yea that's the 355 foot Hibernia Bank Building which was built in 1921. It was the tallest building in the state from 1921-1932 when the new State Capitol was built, and it was the tallest building in New Orleans from 1921-1967 until the World Trade Center New Orleans was built.

And yep, those are streetcar tracks running down the road, Carondulet is the turnaround for the Saint Charles Avenue Streetcar line.

Is that Tchoupitoulas ?

Just in case you missed it, I was just curious about your post# 1379 ?

I bought a new Streetwise Map of New Orleans, it has some great detail.

I like the way Canal Street and Poydras nearly meet around the Harrah's/ WTC area.

The Hibernia Bank is in the middle of everything.

Edited by richyb83