Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Yeah you right Nate. :thumbsup:

Baton Rouge is boxy too. But a non-crown Charlotte-like tower would be great. I do hope Two City Plaza will have some variation to the box. Waiting on new renderings in about a month. On the old rendering the top two floors look inclined back; with a small spire on top.

Edited by richyb83

Yeah you right Nate. :thumbsup:

Baton Rouge is boxy too. But a non-crown Charlotte-like tower would be great. I do hope Two City Plaza will have some variation to the box. Waiting on new renderings in about a month. On the old rendering the top two floors look inclined back; with a small spire on top.

I hope they do too. From what I saw in Dallas, you can really do nice things with a 20-story building if it's designed with consideration.

This doesn't have to do anything with Louisiana, but I still thought it was interesting. They were going to build this in Houston and would have been 6,864 and 500 stories. Houston must have had some major money to consider this. It would have still been nice if they had built it, just a scaled down version. x43u3q.jpg

And look at this, those buildings in Houston or Chicago don't even hold a candle to this:

The"X-Seed 4000" was a "building" invisioned for Tokyo, and though it looks more like a man-made mountain to me, it would have been 13,123 feet tall.

110126mb0.gif

102103kk7.jpg

Also, Tokyo currently has 11 buildings over 1,800 feet that are just considered to be "visions".

Houston must have had some major money to consider this.

Well, not exactly. Most of the buildings you see on Emporis listed as a "vision" means that there was really nothing behind the project. The City of Houston wasn't actually behind that building, and actually no developer was, it seems. You might have an architect design a building and throw it out into the public hoping to get a developer to back the project. And because the project was never officially proposed, it technically isn't rejected and thus is not considered a "never built" high-rise. The "Riverfront Office Tower" that is listed as a "vision" for Baton Rouge is an example of this. Trahan Architects just designed a 25 story office tower, sort of put it out in the public eye, and hoped that the demand would be great enough, and a developer would get behind their project. So far, no takers.

The X Seed would have been it's very own city.

If River Front Office Tower does ever get built that will be a sleek/nearly razor-thin high-rise. I took pics and will POST soon on the property and the controversial BRWaterWorks block it borders.

Edited by richyb83

They just don't make things like they used to anymore... those are such beautiful architectural accents.

No they certainly don't. New Orleans is a perfect example of just how much work and detail was put into architecture back in the day.

Awesome, Brian! Glad to see you have some new night shots to share with us.

Thanks, man. Unfortunately these came at a cost. The riverfront is so gorgeous at night, but after the sun goes down it changes. My wife was getting upset that I wouldn't leave when I had a drunk trying to start a fight with me. I just acted like he wasn't there as he said, "hey, picture this, picture man" and "hey, look over there... take that picture." He was trying to get me to pop off to him, and even though I know I would have creamed his drunk (and high) butt, I ignored him. I knew he and his "woman" were going to be trouble when they walked up, because I could smell the pot they were smoking.

I mean those white columns stacked u pon top of each other.

Damn! I had answered to your first question that those white box's were part of the hotel's exterior facade, but after Brian answered about something else, I erased it because I thought you were talking about something completely different. :lol: