Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Thanks for the density tour Nate, another nice shot. I like the name "Common Street".

What's your opinion on one-way streets ? I know some cities are phasing them out; some one-way streets will always be here to stay. Not completely do away with them, just a lesser amount. They say it's bad for retail ?

Nice shot Nate, by the way what is the Orient Express? Also what is that darker looking structure on the left just out of curiousity?

What's your opinion on one-way streets ? I know some cities are phasing them out; some one-way streets will always be here to stay. Not completely do away with them, just a lesser amount. They say it's bad for retail ?

Yeah an urban design team recommended my city get rid of them as well. My city seems to be slowly turning them back into two way streets. In the way that they fit into new urbanism I do agree with it.

This is the exact opposite of urban, but since I did take this photo in Caddo Parish today, I figured I'd make this my Louisiana Photo of the Day for today.

But since I uploaded this photo in its full size for maximum image quality, I'm going to link to it.

I'm VERY proud of this one!!! :D

My 'Photo of the Day' for today

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Yep! I started to take the picture, and from another angle but my wife told me there was a frog underneath the water lily so I went to that side to get the shot.

Thanks, man. :) I had to break out that 300mm zoom to get this up-close and personal, but it worked out.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Nice pic. :thumbsup: I have to find a picture to do for my talented art class and I was having trouble, but I have a good resource right here for ideas. I'm trying to find something hard with lots of details that will be better than everyone else's. I can get competitive with these kinds of things. :blush:

Here's my first-ever HDR, made with the free version of Photomatix, hence the watermarks they embed into your HDR images when using their free software.

Anyway, aside from the watermarks, what do you guys think?

I think it's pretty damn sweet if I might toot my own horn!! ;)

Photomatix is awesome. I'll either end up purchasing this software or Photoshop CS2 which also has a built-in HDR mode. My Photoshop 7 doesn't have that.

zHDRb.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

That's pretty interesting Brian. If you do get some software let me know what you think of it. To be honest I haven't really thought a lot of trying HDR, but I might reconsider. I'm also wondering, did you have any problems getting the multiple shots lined up correctly? I always wondered how to make sure you gets things lined back up perfectly.

That's pretty interesting Brian. If you do get some software let me know what you think of it. To be honest I haven't really thought a lot of trying HDR, but I might reconsider. I'm also wondering, did you have any problems getting the multiple shots lined up correctly? I always wondered how to make sure you gets things lined back up perfectly.

I just used my tripod. The multiple exposures were actually an accident as I was trying to set up for the perfect shot, but once I realized I had them I decided to try making an HDR with them.

That's an awesome photo, Brian. Though to be honest, I'm not very familiar with HDR at all.

The beauty of it is, neither am I! I've just read up a bit on it and it's really simple with Photomatix. Supposedly it's really simple with Photoshop CS2 as well. With Photomatix, you just take your multiple exposures and open them all within the program. It really does the rest for you... it's very cool.

The beauty of it is, neither am I! I've just read up a bit on it and it's really simple with Photomatix. Supposedly it's really simple with Photoshop CS2 as well. With Photomatix, you just take your multiple exposures and open them all within the program. It really does the rest for you... it's very cool.

I was thinking some HDR shots I've seen were taken at different times of the day or even on seperate days. That would seem to make it hard to get everything lined back up again. I mean that is if you didn't mind just leaving your camera setting out all that time. :lol: What kind of time period did you have on your exposures Brian?

I was thinking some HDR shots I've seen were taken at different times of the day or even on seperate days. That would seem to make it hard to get everything lined back up again. I mean that is if you didn't mind just leaving your camera setting out all that time. :lol: What kind of time period did you have on your exposures Brian?

They were all taken simultaneously on different settings, rather than over a length of time. Like I said, they were actually mistakes in my shooting that, fortunately, I was able to turn into a good thing in the end. :D