Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

^ I love the Harrahs hotel, esp. with the old brick exterior on the bottom. I had posted on Jackson Square in Southern Photos of the Day, what a unique landmark and great color too.

^Nice progression pics Brian. That's something how BOTH hotels are next to each other like that. I posted on the before pics a few days ago in the Shreveport forum.

^ I love the Harrahs hotel, esp. with the old brick exterior on the bottom. I had posted on Jackson Square in Southern Photos of the Day, what a unique landmark and great color too.

^Nice progression pics Brian. That's something how BOTH hotels are next to each other like that. I posted on the before pics a few days ago in the Shreveport forum.

:lol: Richy that was actually a little earlier back in this thread, but I did see your response.

I don't know what it is about cranes either, but knowing that they typically stand for progress in cases like this, it's just an exciting sight to see! :)

More photos from Jackson Square:

This angle is cool for me, because my parents have shown me many pictures taken with me standing next to the water fountain here when I was around two, nearly twenty years ago now. I owned Jackson Square as a kid growing up in the Quarter! ;)

img7126pf0.jpg

img7130jf3.jpg

This famous statue of General Andrew Jackson, the hero of the Battle of New Orleans, has been in Jackson Square for over 150 years now:

img7134rh9.jpg

I know you guys are probably getting tired of all my Jackson Square photos, so I'll make this my last set. :D

img7111kh1.jpg

Outside of the Square itself, looking towards the river and Cafe Du Monde:

img7122jh5.jpg

img7124xe1.jpg

img7118tp6.jpg

img7137le1.jpg

img7146qx1.jpg

And as a bonus, here's a shot of New Orleans' more historical skyline taken from across the Mississippi River. The spire's of the Saint Louis Cathedral tower high above anything in the surrounding area, and other than the Jax Brewery on the Riverfront, this view really hasn't changed at all in the last 220 years, and that's why I like it so much.

img7032ux4.jpg

I'm glad New Orleans has a representative like you!

You should be paid for this, you know... with all the negativity that's out there, you show the positives.

Thanks alot man, it's much appreciated. I'm glad you guys have been liking the pictures, I've just been trying to represent my hometown as best I can. :)

This photo is not mine, but I just found it and thought it would make a nice addition to this thread. See these trees!?!? That is the site on which Louisiana Boardwalk now sits, in downtown Bossier City. THIS is what that property looked like before Boardwalk was built. The bridge shown is the Texas Street Bridge, which can be seen in most of my downtown Shreveport photos:

Anyway, the image is "dynamic" so I can't display it as an image here, but I can link to it...

http://www.photo.net/bboard/image?bboard_upload_id=9146784

The open plaza area between Gate C of the Louisiana Superdome and the New Orleans Centre...it's quiet now, but a year ago, this entire area could be described as hell on earth:

img6809rf1.jpg

img6823oa1.jpg

It's really kind of eerie standing there in complete silence, and thinking about what you would have been seeing had you been there exactly 367 days ago.

Wow, other than the fact that the bridge is somewhat more elaborate, you would think that picture was taken out on some country road in the middle of the woods, not in an area with around 260,000 in population. Very cool photo!

Very true, it appears to have been taken from in the middle of nowhere. I recognize the tree in the foreground, and it may still still be there... but all the other trees shown in the photo are long gone. Bossier's riverfront used to be pretty wooded with houses and old businesses scattered throughout, but in my opinion it looks 100x better now.

This photo is not mine, but I just found it and thought it would make a nice addition to this thread. See these trees!?!? That is the site on which Louisiana Boardwalk now sits, in downtown Bossier City. THIS is what that property looked like before Boardwalk was built. The bridge shown is the Texas Street Bridge, which can be seen in most of my downtown Shreveport photos:

Anyway, the image is "dynamic" so I can't display it as an image here, but I can link to it...

http://www.photo.net/bboard/image?bboard_upload_id=9146784

Yeah that does look like it's somewhere in the country like Nate said. I wonder though why you couldn't post it directly.

The open plaza area between Gate C of the Louisiana Superdome and the New Orleans Centre...it's quiet now, but a year ago, this entire area could be described as hell on earth:

It's really kind of eerie standing there in complete silence, and thinking about what you would have been seeing had you been there exactly 367 days ago.

Nice pics Nate. Yeah it is odd thinking about it while you're there.