West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is one of several reasons I'm excited about this project, in addition to the branding, quality, architecture, etc., ( it's the scale ). It is huge, and it is becoming more apparant by looking at the excavation (which I drive by every day), and which I understand is only 1/3 done.

Look at my camera phone photos taken today during a late lunch. I decided to walk around the project and just watch what was going on. I was amazed at how small the equipment looks inside the pit, realizing that the backhoes are big enough to fill a dump truck with just a couple scoops.4zjhhev.jpg

5xqhfsy.jpg

The bottom photo shows a view of the present downtown desnsity that will soon me moving to the west, down the West End corridor in a big way. I think in our lifetimes, we will see the density increase predominately to the West, due to the psychological perceptions and real physical barrier of the river, the fact that it is the link between business and academia, already anchored by healthcare companies and corporate headquarters, and high end housing in the western hills that basically controls business in much of middle Tennessee, just as outlined in The Plan of Nashville.

The notion that this activitiy is a publicity stunt, involving one of the world

Jeeper makes a compelling case, but I have the feeling that this one is for-real. Several things just wouldn't make sense for this to be a show. Knowing (just a little bit, mind you) about how lenders and construction contractors work, I can't see any way that they'd be in the game just partially. The big players need a full commitment before they begin a project. It may be simplistic of me to think this, but it's my feeling.

Jeeper makes a compelling case, but I have the feeling that this one is for-real. Several things just wouldn't make sense for this to be a show. Knowing (just a little bit, mind you) about how lenders and construction contractors work, I can't see any way that they'd be in the game just partially. The big players need a full commitment before they begin a project. It may be simplistic of me to think this, but it's my feeling.

Sorry for the agitation... LOL... I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm an attorney, and I thought he made a pretty good argument as to why he thought ASP is just moving around dirt. Even I know that construction is a different phase from the excavation.

I'm actually in agreement with you for what (seems to me anyway) obvious reasons. As I stated above, I think this project is a "go"... if for no other reason than that I don't think Palmer is an idiot.

I may not know much about the process of construction as much as others on this site. BUT, Lets just say that Mr Palmer (* STILL*) doesn't release the information that a few people are looking for to prove that this project is a go, And construction continues......

As construction appears to be happening right now, Monday- Saturday workers are on the site digging a massive hole, Not enough proof for some.

So I'm wondering if Mr. Palmer doesn't tell us, the media, or whoever how he's making this happen does not mean that its not being built.

(Example only): The WES SUMMIT cranes are being put up right now!! SILL NO announcements "I guess it still won't get built", "10 floors out of the ground" NO ANNOUNCEMENTS!!, etc.... etc... etc...

How much more construction has to happen for it to be under construction? <_<

According to workers on site, concrete will not even be ready to poured until September. That is when you should start seeing permits being pulled for construction. Not until then. The shell permit for the Suntrust center was not pulled until the hole was dug.

So, lets wait till this fall and see what happens.

^ I hope this project is secured. We all have been waiting a long time to see those two towers go up on West End that I think I can safely say that this forum and all of Nashville's urban enthusiasts will give a collective sigh of relief when we see these two towers start going up!!

Did some drive bys this morning but I didnt have the camera. Much the same as last week but the hole at WES has gotten bigger. How deep is this thing going??? It looks like for now they are done in the far top corner it it aint going too deep. I'm amazed at how fast the whole process is going. Will the dig cover the entire site or will it just be over the back half???

Are there any official stats for the number of floors and final height of the two towers? I would love to get this information. Duke32, are you out there? Do you know anything about this?

Great to hear, Ron, that you've heard financing is secure. What a great project this one is! It will have been worth the long, long wait.

Archived