ODU Development

rusthebuss

I was at home hitting refresh every 2 seconds trying to get the latest score. Damned ESPN360! I thought it was supposed to be an easy win...

Toledo is a good team. They lead their division and most likely win their tournament getting into the dance. Most of Toledo's losses have come from good ranked teams. Vanderbilt, Iowa, Kansas, not to mention they also beat VCU (no easy feat). This is a great win no matter by what measure, simply because of good prime time T.V. exposure.

Wow, that was such an awesome game to be at. I haven't seen Mason play like this since last season. If Mason somehow pulls off a W against VCU, I hope that ODU at least gets an NIT bid.. they had a good season.

I don't think you have to worry about that. The question is will ODU get an at-large bid. They were positioned better than anyone else in the league. Had they won, it would have been a no-brainer. But ODU still has an advantage over VCU. But that advantage has slipped somewhat.

I don't think you have to worry about that. The question is will ODU get an at-large bid. They were positioned better than anyone else in the league. Had they won, it would have been a no-brainer. But ODU still has an advantage over VCU. But that advantage has slipped somewhat.

ODU will be in the NIT. They will not get a at-large bid. I wish they had defeated Mason but, it was not in the cards. Great Season.

ODU will be in the NIT. They will not get a at-large bid. I wish they had defeated Mason but, it was not in the cards. Great Season.

ODU will be in the NCAA tournament as long as VCU beats Mason tonight. ODU still has a better profile than VCU, but the rams won the regular season crown and made it to the finals of the Conference tournament... If Mason wins, there is no way the selection commitee will take 3 teams from the CAA.

You have the regular season champs and Mason playing in the championship game, if Mason wins they and VCU go to the dance, if Mason lose you still have last years cinderella team which makes good press. Outside of Hampton Roads ODU is not much of a topic, Mason is the better name team.

ODU should not have lost that game but Mason played like it was last year. I wish ODU the best but I do not see them at the big dance. LET'S JUST HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!

Anyone who claims to know who will and who will not get an at-large bid is delusional... on level with Pat Robertson. IF VCU loses today it will be a toss up between VCU and ODU for the at-large, you can't say anything more definitive than that. Mason may have the name, but they don't have stats to back that name this season. ODU has been getting some attention from ESPN.com recently, there is discussion happening outside of HR. When you have fans from all other CAA schools shouting against ODU, you know you have a good team.

Edited by cpeakesqr

ODU has an uphill battle, but the odds are still in favor of them receiving an at large bid. VCU/Mason would receive the one, and ODU the other (if Mason does not win, there is no way they'd qualify for a at large, the consensus four teams available were Drexel, ODU, Hofstra and VCU, George Mason is nowhere near). Most bracketology had VCU winning the CAA tournament, with ODU receiving an at large as well. With a 33 RPI (going to drop a little after the loss) and a defeat of a top 10 team, top 100 in strength of schedule, ODU is positioned to receive a 10 - 12 seed somewhere. But after their performance against Towson and George Mason, they've just made it alot more interesting come selection sunday.

Edited by spiker3

ODU has an uphill battle, but the odds are still in favor of them receiving an at large bid. VCU/Mason would receive the one, and ODU the other (if Mason does not win, there is no way they'd qualify for a at large, the consensus four teams available were Drexel, ODU, Hofstra and VCU, George Mason is nowhere near). Most bracketology had VCU winning the CAA tournament, with ODU receiving an at large as well. With a 33 RPI (going to drop a little after the loss) and a defeat of a top 10 team, top 100 in strength of schedule, ODU is positioned to receive a 10 - 12 seed somewhere. But after their performance against Towson and George Mason, they've just made it alot more interesting come selection sunday.

I agree completely with this. This morning, I felt we would get the at large, especially if VCU beat Mason. In one RPI, we didn't drop, in part because 2 of our opponents (Georgetown and Clemson) had big wins. However, I just saw another rating that dropped us to 39. I'm concerned now.

I agree completely with this. This morning, I felt we would get the at large, especially if VCU beat Mason. In one RPI, we didn't drop, in part because 2 of our opponents (Georgetown and Clemson) had big wins. However, I just saw another rating that dropped us to 39. I'm concerned now.

Wait a minute. I'm feeling better now. Both USA Today and CBS are projecting ODU as an at-large. Particularly if VCU wins. ODU has RPI, record vs. top 50, road record, streak (12 of last 13), and conference record on their side. Come on favorites!