Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

I understand two of them are relocations (in this market). Can someone remind me from where?

Easy Runner is an outstanding locally owned running store owned by Gary Smith. I have bought my Saucony Stabils from him twice a year for many years. His current location is in Bowman Curve. His store is adjacent to The Buffalo Grill, forming an L.

Roberson's is in the Heights. It "anchors" the opposite end of the shopping building where Tipton Hurst is located. It is across the street from Pulaski Bank. I've had mixed experience there. I avoid them now although there a some in my extend family who like them.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The planned exit for Roberson's only adds to my puzzlement regarding the Heights lately. Seems that plenty of shops have pulled up stakes within the last few years, either in search of other developments, or just hanging it up.

Have you been on Kavanaugh in the Heights, lately? I think it has undergone a mini-renaissance. It does have some longtime store owners (Heights Toy Center, Toggery and Wicks) that are out of touch with the broader market. Their still operating on a pre-Internet business model. Their limitations in their ability to anticipate, adapt and be resilient. These business will either bring their demise or suddenly they'll wake up and innovate.

With regard to Roberson's, if you have seen where they are located and how their building appears... Why would you ever stay, other than a low lease?

Personally, I think they have been struggling for some time. I have no other evidence that my own personal experience. I've shopped both Roberson's and Mary Haley's in the past 10 years. I've received superior customer service from Mary Haley's 100 percent of the time. I was lied to by Paul Roberson about a watch repair (replacing a battery). It was a very small thing, but I was able to verify the information they gave me was untrue. He told me that the reason why my watch leaked is because it is square-shaped. The leak occurred about two weeks after they performed the repair. The watch had never leaked in seven years of prior ownership. He refused to do anything to resolve the problem.

Competition drives capitalism. Roberson's lost my business (not a big spender on jewelry here) based on a lie about a watch repair. I guarantee you this happens all the time when customer service is poor and prices are high.

Freddies left a while back. Even when they were open, I sought out Vanness even when it was farther for me to go to Vanness. Again, this was a customer service proposition. My experience with Vanness has always been better than at Freddies.

The planned exit for Roberson's only adds to my puzzlement regarding the Heights lately. Seems that plenty of shops have pulled up stakes within the last few years, either in search of other developments, or just hanging it up.

Roberson's is just trying to get out of Mary Healey's shadow. They are definitely not competitive with MH in the midtown market. There's a niche for a jeweler in the Hwy 10 area.

• 2 weeks later...

This shopping center has surprised me. Driving through there the other day, I realized that once the jeweler, Easy Runner and the greek place are in, it will have only two or three empty storefronts. The biggest problem being Crew's old place.

I wonder if there will ever be any progress on the outparcels?

wasn't sure where to post this, but was wondering if any of the people who regularly check the plumbing permits can tell me if I've got bad links.

http://www.healthyarkansas.com/eng/planrev...UMB/Pulaski.htm

http://www.healthyarkansas.com/eng/planrev...ENG/Pulaski.htm

The last activity they show is end of November. I can't imagine there's been NOTHING since then. I'd love to have the updates, it's always a great place to see changes before they actually happen.

Thanks.

wasn't sure where to post this, but was wondering if any of the people who regularly check the plumbing permits can tell me if I've got bad links.

The last activity they show is end of November. I can't imagine there's been NOTHING since then. I'd love to have the updates, it's always a great place to see changes before they actually happen.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Either they've ceased this service of on-line posting, or the economy is so bad there aren't any applications (which couldn't realistically be the reason!)!

• 1 month later...

According to this week's Arkansas Business, Chick Fil-A will start construction this summer on a free-standing location at Pleasant Ridge. Another good traffic builder for this shopping center. And, based on what the Markham one grossed last year, a no-brainer.

The article also says that Moda, a women's fashion store, will open next to Capi's. Good fit for the center, but aren't there enough of those already? Or can you not have enough?

According to this week's Arkansas Business, Chick Fil-A will start construction this summer on a free-standing location at Pleasant Ridge. Another good traffic builder for this shopping center. And, based on what the Markham one grossed last year, a no-brainer.

The article also says that Moda, a women's fashion store, will open next to Capi's. Good fit for the center, but aren't there enough of those already? Or can you not have enough?

I went by the shopping center this weekend and really like the way it was looking. I think that while it may not have much of a regional pull, it defiantly has a really good city pull. And while Belk isnt what Parisians was, it adds variety to the department store market in LR. I really would like to see a Ruth Chris go into the spot where Crew was. I think it would add alot to the shopping center. It has found is nich as a high end local retail fashion center. I hope that they add the outparcles. I love Panera and it was a good add to the center.

Glad Chick Fil-A will be building there. While not upscale, its one of the best fast food places around.

I really would like to see a Ruth Chris go into the spot where Crew was. I think it would add alot to the shopping center. It has found is nich as a high end local retail fashion center.

I thought that Ruth Chris WAS locating at Pleasant Ridge. Are you just hoping it's that particular location?

I thought that Ruth Chris WAS locating at Pleasant Ridge. Are you just hoping it's that particular location?

Ruth's Chris is interested, but nothing's been signed yet. The economy may have delayed it.

I was wondering when the outparcels would start filling up. Any other suggestions for those?

• 3 weeks later...

According to same: Easy Runner and Istanbul, which opened last week; Roberson's Fine Jewelry will open in May; and Chick-fil-A will open in November

• 4 months later...

According to same: Easy Runner and Istanbul, which opened last week; Roberson's Fine Jewelry will open in May; and Chick-fil-A will open in November

Apparently Cobblestone and Vine will open a store in Pleasant Ridge as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

According to plumbing permits, there is a Bar Louie coming to Pleasant Ridge. I'll assume it's in the old Crew place, but I don't know that. Here's the link to the chain. I hadn't heard of them, but they sound interesting enough to try.

http://www.restauran...a.com/barlouie/

Its not listed on the website, but there is on in the landing in branson. Seems like a pretty classy place. Kind of a '20s style bar.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

While nothing official has been announced, some sketches in the January 27th planning agenda gives a HUGE hint that a Chipotle Mexican Grill will be constructed on the eastern side of the undeveloped area on the north side of PRTC – to the east of Chick-Fil-A. The proposal contains links to images showing a sketch map, signage, and elevations – all of which bear the Chipotle name. If and when the restaurant is built, there appears to be enough land between Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A for yet another restaurant/retailer. I recall reading an article not long ago where Lou Schickel was describing retailers and restaurants that he would like to see in Little Rock. Perhaps hinting at something he already knew, he mentioned he would very much like to see Chipotle in his development. I can’t remember other names that he may have been hinting at.

While nothing official has been announced, some sketches in the January 27th planning agenda gives a HUGE hint that a Chipotle Mexican Grill will be constructed on the eastern side of the undeveloped area on the north side of PRTC – to the east of Chick-Fil-A. The proposal contains links to images showing a sketch map, signage, and elevations – all of which bear the Chipotle name. If and when the restaurant is built, there appears to be enough land between Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A for yet another restaurant/retailer. I recall reading an article not long ago where Lou Schickel was describing retailers and restaurants that he would like to see in Little Rock. Perhaps hinting at something he already knew, he mentioned he would very much like to see Chipotle in his development. I can’t remember other names that he may have been hinting at.

Yeah looks like Chipotle is making a move into Arkansas. The announcement for one on Dickson St in Fayetteville came not too long ago. They might even be owned by the same franchise for all I know.

Archived