Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Let's breathe some life into this thread:

1. Cheeburger, Cheeburger will be turning into Little Greek (chain).  Sign is up but no noticeable interior work.

2. Marshall Clements (furniture, antiques, accessories, etc) is open in a newly built storefront behind Panera Bread.  You will miss it unless you go around the corner.

3. A storefront has been unboarded and construction started two doors down from Panera. I do not know what it is but from what I could see over the wall, it looked like a large, central vent-a-hood.

4. Not in the center but just east, the Eleven Two Eleven Center construction has begun at Cantrell and Woodland Heights.  Just clearing of trees and dirt work. A sushi restaurant sign is up but nothing else.

Let's breathe some life into this thread:

1. Cheeburger, Cheeburger will be turning into Little Greek (chain).  Sign is up but no noticeable interior work.

2. Marshall Clements (furniture, antiques, accessories, etc) is open in a newly built storefront behind Panera Bread.  You will miss it unless you go around the corner.

3. A storefront has been unboarded and construction started two doors down from Panera. I do not know what it is but from what I could see over the wall, it looked like a large, central vent-a-hood.

4. Not in the center but just east, the Eleven Two Eleven Center construction has begun at Cantrell and Woodland Heights.  Just clearing of trees and dirt work. A sushi restaurant sign is up but nothing else.

The sushi restaurant in question being the popular Sushi Cafe, currently in the Heights, which will have this as a second location from what I had read.

• 1 month later...

Lou Schickel plans to build a hotel near Pleasant Ridge according to the Democrat-Gazette.  In the article it said that Schickel wanted the hotel to be a Courtyard by Marriott.  It would be nice for it to be an Aloft or Hotel Indigo but those would work better in a urban area like downtown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Basset Furniture is apparently going to be opening a location in Pleasant Ridge. I wonder what that means for their Markham location (I assume it doesn't mean anything good for it).

I spoke to someone from Bassett Furniture.  They are moving the location because the shopping center had lost its luster to prospective Bassett customers. 

DollarTree just wasn't bringing in enough Bassett customers.  

Oh, it's relocating, not adding another store. 

• 1 month later...

I spoke to someone from Bassett Furniture.  They are moving the location because the shopping center had lost its luster to prospective Bassett customers. 

DollarTree just wasn't bringing in enough Bassett customers.  

Oh, it's relocating, not adding another store. 

I was at Chipotle this weekend and saw the lot between it and Chick-Fil-A had some dirt work being done.  I asked one of the Chipotle people what was going in and he said a furniture store.  That lot seems very tiny for a furniture store but maybe it is the Basset location that is relocating?

I was at Chipotle this weekend and saw the lot between it and Chick-Fil-A had some dirt work being done.  I asked one of the Chipotle people what was going in and he said a furniture store.  That lot seems very tiny for a furniture store but maybe it is the Basset location that is relocating?

I can't imagine that that is correct.  I believe Pei Wei is scheduled to locate in one of the out parcels.

• 1 month later...

I can't imagine that that is correct.  I believe Pei Wei is scheduled to locate in one of the out parcels.

I was out yesterday and saw the construction.  If it is Pei Wei, then it will be giant.  It takes up nearly the entire lot.  No where near enough parking for it if it is Pei Wei.

IMG_7180.jpg

I was out yesterday and saw the construction.  If it is Pei Wei, then it will be giant.  It takes up nearly the entire lot.  No where near enough parking for it if it is Pei Wei.

IMG_7180.jpg

Well, the folks next door at Chik-Fil-A say its the new Bassett Furniture.  Bummer.  I don't know where (or if) Pei Wei is going in?

• 4 weeks later...

On January the 5th, Johnny Carino's closed their west Little Rock location at Pleasant Ridge. Their North Little Rock location remains open, and according to their press release, is still a strong location. They cited low volume and increased competition in the area as reasons for the decision to close the Little Rock restaurant.

p.s. Personally, I hate to see this as we frequented this restaurant quite a bit...glad we still have the option in the metro.

On January the 5th, Johnny Carino's closed their west Little Rock location at Pleasant Ridge. Their North Little Rock location remains open, and according to their press release, is still a strong location. They cited low volume and increased competition in the area as reasons for the decision to close the Little Rock restaurant.

p.s. Personally, I hate to see this as we frequented this restaurant quite a bit...glad we still have the option in the metro.

I wonder what will take its place. I'm hoping a Joe's Crab Shack, TGI Friday's, or even Ruth Chris Steakhouse signed the lease for the building rather than another Chinese or Mexican restaurant which Little Rock don't need. They need to bring something that is worth going to not something that you get any parts of the town.

I wonder what will take its place. I'm hoping a Joe's Crab Shack, TGI Friday's, or even Ruth Chris Steakhouse signed the lease for the building rather than another Chinese or Mexican restaurant which Little Rock don't need. They need to bring something that is worth going to not something that you get any parts of the town.

If I were Macaroni Grill, I would seriously consider this location.  Their current location is pretty terrible (though they've been there so long...20 years...that changing the mindshare of thousands who already know where they are might prove unwise).

Ruth's Chris or Fleming's would be the real "get", with a destination steakhouse drawing more people to the Town Center (and its western complement) and able to draw good revenue with relatively limited parking.. TGI Friday's could potentially go after the same customer base as Bar Louie, though it might work at Shackleford Crossing quite well.  As for Joe's Crab Shack, most of the Joe's locations average around 8,000 SF with seating for 200, and often a playground. I wonder if the Carino's building might not be big enough, or have the room needed to expand.

If Macaroni Grill doesn't move in and someone wants to keep it Italian, there's always the chance for Carrabba's, which — like Ruth's Chris — already has a presence in Rogers. Buca di Beppo, which aims for a cozy atmosphere and family-style service, also wouldn't be a bad sub.

I can't image that building staying empty for long.  That site has high traffic volume which any restaurant would want to have plus it's next to a retail center that could provide traffic as well.  I like Carino's and went to the NLR location often, but when one came to LR I didn't go often, so I'm part of the reason that it closed.  Hopefully a restaurant that is new to the market takes its place.  I would love for Fleming's to take over the space.  I went to their location in Nashville in October and one the best steaks that I have ever had.  With that, I doubt they would come to LR.  I would love if Cheesecake Factory would take over the space but I think it would be too small for it.

I can't image that building staying empty for long. That site has high traffic volume which any restaurant would want to have plus it's next to a retail center that could provide traffic as well. I like Carino's and went to the NLR location often, but when one came to LR I didn't go often, so I'm part of the reason that it closed. Hopefully a restaurant that is new to the market takes its place. I would love for Fleming's to take over the space. I went to their location in Nashville in October and one the best steaks that I have ever had. With that, I doubt they would come to LR. I would love if Cheesecake Factory would take over the space but I think it would be too small for it.

It would be nice to see a restaurant that is new to the market take that spot. However, I'll doubt Cheesecake Factory will take that spot. The building isn't large enough to accodomate a large restaurant like that. I remember a couple of years ago that Ruth Chris Steakhouse was suppose to go to Pleasant Ridge Shopping center after they open a location in Rogers. However, nothing came into reality.

Ruth's Chris or Fleming's would be the real "get", with a destination steakhouse drawing more people to the Town Center (and its western complement) and able to draw good revenue with relatively limited parking.. TGI Friday's could potentially go after the same customer base as Bar Louie, though it might work at Shackleford Crossing quite well.  As for Joe's Crab Shack, most of the Joe's locations average around 8,000 SF with seating for 200, and often a playground. I wonder if the Carino's building might not be big enough, or have the room needed to expand.

If Macaroni Grill doesn't move in and someone wants to keep it Italian, there's always the chance for Carrabba's, which — like Ruth's Chris — already has a presence in Rogers. Buca di Beppo, which aims for a cozy atmosphere and family-style service, also wouldn't be a bad sub.

I would hope for Buca di Beppo over Carraba's.  Just my preference.  I did notice a Carraba's ad the other night on TV.  I don't recall seeing a Carraba's ad prior to that.  It made me wonder if they were coming soon to the market.  Now, with Carino's LR closed, I'm thinking it may be.  

It would be nice to see a restaurant that is new to the market take that spot. However, I'll doubt Cheesecake Factory will take that spot. The building isn't large enough to accodomate a large restaurant like that. I remember a couple of years ago that Ruth Chris Steakhouse was suppose to go to Pleasant Ridge Shopping center after they open a location in Rogers. However, nothing came into reality.

I thought it was a Fleming's that was coming to Pleasant Ridge.  Fleming's wouldn't be that much of a reach as it is owned by the same group that owns Outback and Bonefish.   

Archived