Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant remember if this was mentioned in the past, but, why doesn't Charlotte have a Hard Rock Cafe yet?? And I could definately see a Rainforest Cafe uptown, as well as another Cheesecake Factory.....Maggiano's, and T.G.I.Friday's, Frank Manzetti's needs to open an uptown location also IMO

I'm going to NYC at the end of the month, I'll give a different store a try. It did seem to me that the women's section of this Georgetown store was much larger. It covered half the lower floor with the men's section covering the other half. There was an upper level that said it was all women's, therefore I didn't climb the stairs. Also, I might have been expecting too much! I'm def. willing to give it another shot.

Bottom line, if people like their clothes, and it would be a draw for downtown Charlotte, then I hope they come here...whether I end up shopping there or not.

I stand corrected. I went to H&M on Fifth Ave. a few days ago (I forgot to go to the Harold Sq. location when I was near there). The store on Fifth was pretty cool though. It is 4 or 5 times the size of the Georgetown store and had lots of good stuff for a pretty affordable price. I didn't buy anything except a $3.90 toboggan, but I saw plenty I would liked to have had.

• 4 months later...
I finally got to try this place at the new one that opened recently in Huntersville. Excellent, I mean outstanding, hamburgers at very reasonable prices. And the service was fast. This was unlike the terrible Cheeseburger In Paradise place that also opened in Huntersville which had extremely high prices, slow service and not very good food.

I'm a little surprised by the above comments (minus Raintree's simultaneous comment), I was one of the original employees of the chain when it first started in GSO and worked with the father and son team it was ran by. Anyway, I'm just showing off now so I'll get to my point - they were better than the typical fast food joints back then, but they certainly weren't outstanding or awesome [in my humblest of opinions]. I recently went through the drive through of one for the first time in some 15 years and unfortunately it was still only average [at best].

Grew up in CA and don't miss that much, but 2 imports from the Left Coast we DESPERATELY need:

In-N-Out Burger &

El Pollo Loco

apologize if either of these were already mentioned...I know there will be many of you that are familiar with In-N-Ouit (all i can say is Double Double Animal Style please) and their unbelievable burgers and fresh cut fries.. El Pollo Loco is a latino-style roasted chicken place with fantastic chicken, great sides, tortillas, fresh salsas.....they have em now in Atlanta, so i would only imagine they are coming to the QC....

here is a link, recruiting franchisees for the Atlanta stores:

http://www.golocoatlanta.com/

Grew up in CA and don't miss that much, but 2 imports from the Left Coast we DESPERATELY need:

In-N-Out Burger &

El Pollo Loco

apologize if either of these were already mentioned...I know there will be many of you that are familiar with In-N-Ouit (all i can say is Double Double Animal Style please) and their unbelievable burgers and fresh cut fries.. El Pollo Loco is a latino-style roasted chicken place with fantastic chicken, great sides, tortillas, fresh salsas.....they have em now in Atlanta, so i would only imagine they are coming to the QC....

here is a link, recruiting franchisees for the Atlanta stores:

http://www.golocoatlanta.com/

I think El Pollo does exist in some eastern locations "dualed" with other chains. (I was never a fan, though.)

The two SoCal chains I would not mind seeing arrive would be Rubio's and In-N-Out burger. I loved how long In-N-Out's hours were. Want dine-in fast food at 11:45? No problem.

That's one thing that still makes Charlotte feel like it's not really grown up yet. Too many food places close by 10:00.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry273672

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...1/tidbits1.html

This was brought up in the street retail thread, but as the article seems to assume that a mall location is the most likely, and the fact that H&M was discussed a few times in this thread, I thought I would update it here, too.

H&M has been a favorite of various women in my family since shopping at them in Europe. They have since come to the US, and are mostly in the NorthEast. I know my wife, who tries to walk the line of being stylish while not spending a lot, would be ecstatic to have an H&M here.

I agree with other posters who have mentioned that Hard Rock Cafe mainly serves uninspired food....But it's one of those cases that ya just have to say "so what" because the atmosphere, and seeing all the displays always makes going there fun.

Hard Rock Cafe is also a huge tourist magnet. I bet one in Uptown Charlotte could really do well.:)

I agree with other posters who have mentioned that Hard Rock Cafe mainly serves uninspired food....But it's one of those cases that ya just have to say "so what" because the atmosphere, and seeing all the displays always makes going there fun.

Hard Rock Cafe is also a huge tourist magnet. I bet one in Uptown Charlotte could really do well.:)

Ta-da! Looks like Panda Express is coming to Charlotte at the intersection of South Blvd and Seneca. More evidence, that the west coast chains are crawling in... (Actually, FWIW - I kinda like Panda Express.)

Panda.jpg

Archived