Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the Chipotle on South! Anyone got a timeframe for that? Anyone who lives in the area, PLEASE keep us updated!! Originally I thought I heard "Salsaritas" was going there, but now... oh man. I'm such a fan that I went to Denver and found the orginial!!!

I can't wait for the Chipotle on South! Anyone got a timeframe for that? Anyone who lives in the area, PLEASE keep us updated!! Originally I thought I heard "Salsaritas" was going there, but now... oh man. I'm such a fan that I went to Denver and found the orginial!!!

• 2 months later...
I think El Pollo does exist in some eastern locations "dualed" with other chains. (I was never a fan, though.)

The two SoCal chains I would not mind seeing arrive would be Rubio's and In-N-Out burger. I loved how long In-N-Out's hours were. Want dine-in fast food at 11:45? No problem.

That's one thing that still makes Charlotte feel like it's not really grown up yet. Too many food places close by 10:00.

I think you are confused. No one compares in'n'out to a sit-down burger place....its a fast food joint thats cheap. Ive lived in NY and Boston and in those years I never found a quick, fast food, 1 minute place as good as In'N'Out. But im not going to compare this burger to a sitdown restaurant, nor does anyone else.

I think you are confused. No one compares in'n'out to a sit-down burger place....its a fast food joint thats cheap. Ive lived in NY and Boston and in those years I never found a quick, fast food, 1 minute place as good as In'N'Out. But im not going to compare this burger to a sitdown restaurant, nor does anyone else.

Well, besides Indian food, I love authentic Lebanese and other Arab (North African) foods. I think that Charlotte has some good Indian, but I haven't found the others during my past visits. By the way, I was returning from someplace and stopped at Don Pedro's for lunch. It was excellent and noteworthy.

I'll have to try Cedars.

I recommend Kabob Grill on East for Lebanese. It's not my background so I can't say it's authentic, but it's good.

I've heard that Sofram is good for Turkish food. No, it's not Arabic or North African, but related. It's down on hwy 51 near Park rd IIRC.

If there's a secret menu, then I can't speak for everyone, but the In'N'Outs I've been to in Vegas and LA are definitely sub-par on the burger scale. I can think of a ton of places in Charlotte, Boston, DC, New York, Houston, etc... to get a better burger than what I was served at In'N'Out. I don't understand the obsession. Maybe you should enlighten us about this "secret menu." When I'm back in Vegas next month I will take note.

• 1 year later...
The Container Store is on my list still, but I do like Space Savers as well.

I'll put in my vote for The Container Store. I would also like to put in my vote for an Apple Store that isn't in a mall. I realize we already have an Apple Store, but it is swamped at all times and is one of the smaller stores. I really think Charlotte can do better.

Reminds me of the Brocolli City sketch they did in the 1976 film, Tunnel Vision.

But back on topic, I really liked Filene's Basement in Atlanta & Columbus (only ones I've been to) and always thought they would be a good fit for Charlotte.

I also like the idea of a computer/electronics type store like Micro Center or Fry's.

Archived