Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an XSi and love it. I only have the kit lens and a 50mm prime but don't do much nature photography yet, mostly pictures of my family and such. I'll eventually have to dole out for a decent telephoto though...

That having been said, you take excellent photos. Too many people "blame" the camera for quality photography when it is little more than a tool that makes it possible. Would be like asking a chef what kind of cookware he uses after making a meal...sure it is important, but certainly not the most important part of the puzzle :)

I have an XSi and love it. I only have the kit lens and a 50mm prime but don't do much nature photography yet, mostly pictures of my family and such. I'll eventually have to dole out for a decent telephoto though...

That having been said, you take excellent photos. Too many people "blame" the camera for quality photography when it is little more than a tool that makes it possible. Would be like asking a chef what kind of cookware he uses after making a meal...sure it is important, but certainly not the most important part of the puzzle :)

Thanks. As I said before with DSLR's it's the lenses that really do a lot of the work. Luckily I saved it and bought a few pretty nice lenses. Although my camera body is starting to get a bit old. I need to start thinking about eventually getting another. I'm almost at 20,000 shots on it. Not sure what the shutter is rated for, but I figure in another year or so I shouldn't be surprised if the shutter dies on me. If you ever have any questions about lenses let me know.

A shot just outside the doors of the East Square Plaza Bldg. Another one of Hank Kaminsky's sculptures. I'm not sure of the name of this particular piece.

eastsquareplaza01.jpg

Seems like most times I go by the East Square Plaza Bldg it's closed. But it happened top be open this time I was down on the Square. I never was in this building much back when it was the Bank of America. Has this opening always been there or was this put in afterward?

eastsquareplaza02.jpg

Seems like most times I go by the East Square Plaza Bldg it's closed. But it happened top be open this time I was down on the Square. I never was in this building much back when it was the Bank of America. Has this opening always been there or was this put in afterward?

eastsquareplaza02.jpg

Afterwards. It's the "million dollar hole".

Afterwards. It's the "million dollar hole".

Haha, yeah, I can see that. I like that building, it looks nice and could have a really nice interior mini-mall/plaza feel to it inside if it ever fills up. Given the current economy and our area's glut of space, I'm not surprised it's mostly empty, but I hope in a few years things are more active around the square.

Haha, yeah, I can see that. I like that building, it looks nice and could have a really nice interior mini-mall/plaza feel to it inside if it ever fills up. Given the current economy and our area's glut of space, I'm not surprised it's mostly empty, but I hope in a few years things are more active around the square.

Yeah I think it has a lot of potential. Too bad the Renaissance never panned out. I think a development like that would have really brought life to that area.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics Zman. I can't figure out the one picture. I'm guessing it's some restaurant I haven't been to. Or at least I haven't seen that part of the restaurant.

I've seen those flowers down on the Square in bloom before. Not sure what they are but they're pretty nice looking.

Thanks for the pics Zman. I can't figure out the one picture. I'm guessing it's some restaurant I haven't been to. Or at least I haven't seen that part of the restaurant.

I've seen those flowers down on the Square in bloom before. Not sure what they are but they're pretty nice looking.

It's at Jose's in the bar area- quite colorful, huh?

Archived