Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to a Thai place in Rogers tonight. It's called Thai Town, and it's on 71 just south of Walnut. The food was really good and the prices were very reasonable. This place is fairly new to this location (been here about a year) but it is a little out of the way for most Rogers commuters. I just wanted to let everyone know that it is very good and the family that runs it seems very friendly. If you are looking for a new place to eat and you like Thai food, this is a good place to go. Good Food, Friendly Service and very clean.

I am not affiliated with them, just want to give them a little praise for their hard work.

We went to a Thai place in Rogers tonight. It's called Thai Town, and it's on 71 just south of Walnut. The food was really good and the prices were very reasonable. This place is fairly new to this location (been here about a year) but it is a little out of the way for most Rogers commuters. I just wanted to let everyone know that it is very good and the family that runs it seems very friendly. If you are looking for a new place to eat and you like Thai food, this is a good place to go. Good Food, Friendly Service and very clean.

I am not affiliated with them, just want to give them a little praise for their hard work.

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Vetro 1925 Dinner on center street in Fayetteville is now open. We had reservations Saturday night. It is absolutely the best Italian I've had in a very long time! Had the polenta stuffed quail, can't wait to go back and try the Ossobuco!

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

In other news, I noticed the Smokin' Hog BBQ has already closed. It didn't last too long. It's too bad because that old LJS location in Fayetteville has sat empty for years before they opened. Who knows if it will go through another long stretch of being empty. I also noticed the Trailside Cafe & Tea Room just off the Scull Creek Trail on Center St in Fayetteville has also closed.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new Indian restaurant called Taj just north of the Wal-Mart Home office (in the old Taste of Siam building) on Walton Blvd.

Thanks for the info. I wish you guys up there would send a few of those Indian restaurants down here to Fayetteville. :lol:

Tried Taj the other day and the food was good. cutlery was NASTY and OLD though... based off of the cutlery you would had thought this place had been in business for over 30 years. Silverware appeared to had been handed down about 20 generations of food places.... We asked for plastics.... Place smelt OLD and crusty like the cutlery....... Was a lot better when it was the Thai place....

Sorry to be so harsh... But come on.... I hate places that buy used (NASTY) cutlery!! (It is NOT the same items that the Thai place used.....) we tried not to think about what the kitchen looked like....

I saw where Bowman Hospitality has applied for an LLC under the name Bowman Hotel Restaurant. I've heard Theo's will be running the restaurant and bar in the Chancelor. Anyone else heard anything?

Haven't heard anything about it. The only thing I've ever heard is that the owners of Theo's also own Primo Pasta House & Pizzeria in northeast Fayetteville. Interesting bit of info. We'll have to keep our eyes open.

Haven't heard anything about it. The only thing I've ever heard is that the owners of Theo's also own Primo Pasta House & Pizzeria in northeast Fayetteville. Interesting bit of info. We'll have to keep our eyes open.

They also own Eastside Grill on Crossover road, I didn't know they owned Primo. Nice atmosphere and great food at all of the above.

Mermaid's on College Avenue seems to be just doing gangbusters in the old Savor location. Has anyone been to the new spot yet?

I was in Buck Nekkid BBQ the other day and they had renderings for a renovation/addition of the building there (old Ryan's, Fire Mountain) that include a windmill outside. I think they are closing for a few weeks for some significant upgrades.

I was at the new Mermaids location two weeks ago and had a great dinner. It was very nice and unique inside, food and service were close to perfect. I wandered through the bar area and I don't really know how much has changed since Savor but it was somewhat busy for a Thursday night.

Mermaid's on College Avenue seems to be just doing gangbusters in the old Savor location. Has anyone been to the new spot yet?

I was in Buck Nekkid BBQ the other day and they had renderings for a renovation/addition of the building there (old Ryan's, Fire Mountain) that include a windmill outside. I think they are closing for a few weeks for some significant upgrades.

I heard Buck Nekkid was going to close for a few weeks while they looked for new capital. If none is found, I heard they will not reopen.

Thanks for the info. I would not be surprised about that, given the location. I really wish those folks had waited for a better location than that one. They have a good product and a good idea, but that location is a dog and has been for many years.

I

Paper says today that 3 new McDonald's from the local franchisors are coming: 1 for Elkins (in conjunction with a new Harp's store there), 1 for Springdale at I-40 and Elm Springs, and 1 (this is interesting to me) at Airport Road and "I" street in Bentonville. Airport Road keeps growing...gradually...

Speaking of things beginning to take off in Benton County, a cake shop (where one can eat confections at a few small tables) has opened up in the Highlands Crossing in west Bella Vista, where I posted a new Mexican restaurant (Verde Limon) opened around last September.

Archived