Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I didn't see anything much in the news, but the old Mary Maestri's building in Tontitown (it was renovated to be used as a church) had a fire and my guess is it will be torn down. Another sad chapter for this historic restaurant.

On another note, Springdale has a new chinese buffet in the old Chili's building in front of Lowe's on Sunset; I have not been yet (planning on Tuesday) but from friends I have heard the food is very good.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see anything much in the news, but the old Mary Maestri's building in Tontitown (it was renovated to be used as a church) had a fire and my guess is it will be torn down. Another sad chapter for this historic restaurant.

Actually this was posted about it over in the Tontitown topic a little while back.

This topic started with post about a shopping center going in behind Mary Maestri's back in 2006- now in 2012 it seems to be happening except it is taking the place of the vacant buidling where MM's was. Itis planned at approx. 30,000 sq. ft. and the rendering in the NWA Business Journal is quite impressive. The central section of the project will have what looks like a 4-5 story tower that will make it a landmark property. The original developer bought the property to go along with what he already owned to the north. The new shopping center will be named Casalini Court. There will also be a separate project for a new Orschlen Farm and Home store going in next door.

Mary Maestri's will be removed by a controlled burn by the Tontitown Fire Department. Sad to see it go.....

The Business Journal states that "a well-known, independent restaurant group in Fayetteville is close to moving into" Eddie Haskell"s. Looks like Bowman Hospitality is expanding again. I just hope they don't grow too fast!

You are hearing the same things I am. Very welcomed addition to Benton County.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, ok. Thanks. We never go up to Fayetteville to eat anymore (we live near Bella Vista), so I'm not familiar. Must be good, though.

I have to comment on our dinner at Ruth's Chris last night. Hubby had made reservations for Valentine's day, but I was not feeling well, so we cancelled. We decided to go last night. When were seated, our waiter asked me if I was feeling better. We had not mentioned a thing; I was shocked. They must keep notes on every customer. We are not regulars; we go maybe twice a year. Impressive. I'm sure it's all in their system, but still. They gave us complimentary dessert, and when we mentioned we wanted to pack up the leftovers for our kids, they packed up complimentary dessert for them. Amazing food, amazing service.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mary Maestri's is back although obviously at a different location. They will be in Springdale on East Robinson (Hwy 412E) in the building that was built as Catfish John's. It has the same family running it and will even be open for lunch. It will be interesting to see if it has the same atmosphere the Tontitown location did- the atmosphere was a big part of the charm.

I heard Buck Nekkid was going to close for a few weeks while they looked for new capital. If none is found, I heard they will not reopen.

My family was in there at 5:30pm a week ago Thursday, and the whole time we were there, we were the ONLY ones there. And to boot, I've had much better barbeque. Ribs were like a salt lick, pork was bland, and the brisket was irregularly sliced, fatty, and very chewy. I won't be surprised at all when they close for good.

My family was in there at 5:30pm a week ago Thursday, and the whole time we were there, we were the ONLY ones there. And to boot, I've had much better barbeque. Ribs were like a salt lick, pork was bland, and the brisket was irregularly sliced, fatty, and very chewy. I won't be surprised at all when they close for good.

]I think their concert stage was just approved so I wouldn't think they are still looking at closing.

Archived