Columbia Economic Notes

emerging.me

Hey, if you've got someone's ear, GO FOR IT!

Since the design will be "stellar" for the Lady and Huger location, I would imagine a more upscale brand there. What's going through your mind, EM?

Well... I know some guys who know some guys... can't say much more but I'll see what I can do! :)

I'm gonna make some calls tomorrow to see when the Kline artwork will be released. Maybe that one can be an UrbanPlanet exclusive first-look. Hehe.

Edited by emerging.me

Looks like Capitol Places may be ready to announce new project soon. They have a brief page about a condo project called Vsion on their website (www.capitolplaces.com) Looks like condo market really starting to heat up

Edited by colajnp

Capitol Places truly deserves a square and statue built in their honor.

If it's going to be located on Main, I hope it would be on the west side of Main; all of the new residential is on the east side as of now; south Main would also work. Although I doubt it because of the height, I wonder if they could be branching out into the Vista? I would also be great to see downtown east of Main get a little attention.

By the way, here's the link.

Interesting description: "Vsion will be the most unique condominium project to hit the Columbia Market." Hope that's true and more than just a marketing ploy. I would also hope that they build something a little different this time around; something bold and modern would work.

Columbia may not be getting much height right now, but it's densifying like crazy.

Edited by krazeeboi

Capitol Places truly deserves a square and statue built in their honor.

If it's going to be located on Main, I hope it would be on the west side of Main; all of the new residential is on the east side as of now; south Main would also work. Although I doubt it because of the height, I wonder if they could be branching out into the Vista? I would also be great to see downtown east of Main get a little attention.

By the way, here's the link.

Interesting description: "Vsion will be the most unique condominium project to hit the Columbia Market." Hope that's true and more than just a marketing ploy. I would also hope that they build something a little different this time around; something bold and modern would work.

Columbia may not be getting much height right now, but it's densifying like crazy.

Krazee, even. :rofl:

Very Interesting...

$150,000 is a great starting price too. Maybe if it goes well, they will add floors.

Interesting name, I thought it was Vision at first, then realized it is Vsion.

I agree with Krazee on the statute too!!

Edited by vicupstate

I wonder where its going to be located.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around UP a few months ago about a condo development at Lady and Marion? Could it be the current structure on the corner -- its around 8-10 stories I believe. Its a very easy building to never notice in its current state so if this is I'd bet they would jazz it up a bit.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around UP a few months ago about a condo development at Lady and Marion? Could it be the current structure on the corner -- its around 8-10 stories I believe. Its a very easy building to never notice in its current state so if this is I'd bet they would jazz it up a bit.

That's exactly what it is. I got an email from them this morning about it. They have plans to completely redo the outside and add a curtain wall system with floor to ceiling glass windows. Nice!

Anyone got a pic of this building, it's not coming to me...

Vicupstate,

Come with me if you will up Gervais from Pickens. Cross Bull, come to Marion and turn right. Go one block to Lady and look across to First Presbyterian Church on the right-hand corner and then across to the building we're talking about on the left-hand corner. Its a tired, dirty beige building, very simple in design. From street level you might not even notice the upper floors because of the trees between the street and the building. Based on their description of the renovation plans it won't be tired anymore.

It's REALLY got to be tired and simple, because it's not coming to me either, even with the description. I'm sure I've seen it before but mentally wrote it off as insignificant, and so cannot recall it.

It really is. It is nondescript and it blends in. It is dirty-faced.

Okay. Come with me from the Horseshoe up Sumter Street. Cross Gervais. Come to Lady Street. Turn right. Go slowly. On your right along Lady Street is the Merrill Lynch Building and then the Lady Street post office building. When you're halfway down the block, look up ahead and over to your left. The back of the building we're talking about towers over the two-level parking garage you are now even with on your left.

Thanks for the info./renderings/postcards fellas.

I don't feel so bad about not remembering it, since even kraze couldn't place it.

The new design is an improvement to be sure. Of course, just about anything would be an improvement.

More residences near Main is a definite boost. Hopefully, this will do well.