NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

On 6/18/2016 at 6:21 PM, HopHead said:

I would highly recommend trying their beer again. They are absolutely killing it right now. Especially with their New England style IPAs. They've temporarily cut off crowlers because they couldn't keep up with demand.

Agreed, I wrote the place off after my first visit (disappointed in the beers and had a horrible experience at the brunch buffet). I had my arm twisted into going back by a friend's party and holy cow, great food and I loved every beer and cocktail I had. They listened to the criticism and deserve the success they are having right now.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2016 at 3:59 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

They get the VIBE that people want right. I agree their food and beer has never been anything to write home about for me, but they have the right kind of hipster pretense and, honestly, their interior is among the most beautiful spaces in the neighborhood city

I fixed your sentiment for you.  It's really a fantastic space in there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

^Interesting!
The real tragedy (maybe?) here is that I know Vivian B always wanted to make her store into a Bar-Boutique, but Blended Bartique just opened up next door, so that's a major kick in the groin. But hey, the early bird gets the worm.

just an interesting note- she changed the name on her twitter to juicebox so maybe this is a new concept by her? 

https://twitter.com/vivianbboutique

36 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

Some updated renderings of the townhomes planned around Highland Mill Lofts.    Love the street presence.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2016/087-102/2016-091 site plan 2nd rev.pdf

Heck yes. Parking issues or not, this is one of the smartest infill projects around. It's a relatively large amount of unused land sitting between the sidewalk and the parking lots of the Mill, in the central CBD of NoDa. I'm really excited for these.

On a side note, I'm grateful that the Brooks family has no intention of selling their land anytime soon, right acroas the street from some of these townhomes. Keepin' things gritty.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

Yeah but in this case it's a family matter. Word is one of their daughters is lining up to de facto inheret the business (albeit probably in many years) and continue operations indefinitely. I see them selling off a portion of their lot before selling altogether.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

46 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

On a side note, I'm grateful that the Brooks family has no intention of selling their land anytime soon, right acroas the street from some of these townhomes. Keepin' things gritty.

Brooks is a national treasure!

(obligatory substance: chili burgers are fantastic,  its the most diverse lunch crowd you will see anywhere and eating lunch while standing up is underrated)

• Like 2

Given the announcement today that NoDa Brewing's parking will become inaccessible at the end of the month, it sounds like construction is imminent on the Southern Apartment Group's parcel there. (first announced in Nov 2014: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/southern-apartment-group-planning-complex-next-to.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2014-11-13&u=jDmEk+CKbYnAvaVfOFOlFGXcGSC&t=1415910464

14 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Given the announcement today that NoDa Brewing's parking will become inaccessible at the end of the month, it sounds like construction is imminent on the Southern Apartment Group's parcel there. (first announced in Nov 2014: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/southern-apartment-group-planning-complex-next-to.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2014-11-13&u=jDmEk+CKbYnAvaVfOFOlFGXcGSC&t=1415910464

They're actually talking about the "lofts at 25th" project not this one. However this one is deep in permit review and is inevitable. Both are. 

The Hair Boutique place across from Crepe Cellar, next to Whiskey Wine Room, will soon be "Popbar"

Their website linked on their Instagram page appears it to be a franchise from Hip New York (pic from nextdoor):

Gelato.jpg

And down on 35th St, in that squat brick building that used to house NoDa Yoga and has had the Art Hole shows, will be a store location for Hart's Soda Shop (the quaint van parked around). Projected opening in August. (pic from Nextdoor):

Hart's.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot

7 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

The Hair Boutique place across from Crepe Cellar, next to Whiskey Wine Room, will soon be "Popbar"

Their website linked on their Instagram page appears it to be a franchise from Hip New York (pic from nextdoor):

Gelato.jpg

And down on 35th St, in that squat brick building that used to house NoDa Yoga and has had the Art Hole shows, will be a store location for Hart's Soda Shop (the quaint van parked around). Projected opening in August. (pic from Nextdoor):

Hart's.jpg

Aw man PopBar is the F'n Best!!!! Thats going to do very well. Its Gelato on a stick. I'm not one to celebrate chains, but the fact that NoDa is on the radar of a pretty popular NYC mini Chain, is pretty cool.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

The "brewery" part is probably just lip service. Don't see that actually happening, but the facade does look fantastic. 

I'm sure you're right. I doubt a brewery would pay the cost involved to lease this space when they can find some abandoned warehouse down the road for much less $. Would be awesome though.