Greenville Drive Baseball

I forgot to mention that one of the Red Sox scouts sitting in front of me had the biggest ring I have ever seen. It was at least 1" square, covered in diamonds. You could set up an array of mirrors around that sucker and have enough solar power for a small country! :lol:

WorldSeriesRing04.jpg

You know, I don't recall seeing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" at all so far this year, but I saw "

this afternoon and it was pretty funny. Well done, y'all!

THIS is the stuff that should be on their web site...not that Gabe Kapler Greeting or the Little Bigtown ad. Geesh. This is good stuff. I really like the chatter guy (yea, he's growing on me) and the supermarket ones from the off season...had never seen them before this evening.

Edited by RestedTraveler

I checked the Drive's website last night to check this weeks schedule. Lawd, that took FOREVER to load. They seriously need to simplify.

Same here. And I have a pretty speedy connection. I really feel for people who might want to access it by dialup connection.

If a site doesn't fully load in 10 seconds, I usually move on to something else.

This is pretty cool. The Drive is having Upstate Community Nights. On July 23rd they will have Spartanburg night and will have (among other things) a silent auction, with proceeds going toward the renovation of Duncan Park. Here is the story:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3504611

I think this is a great way to involve the entire upstate with the Drive and gain their support. And, it should bring in some Spartanburg dwellers and their cash to downtown establishments. I like it that it's more than just featuring their city's name, but also giving back to a cause that is in Spartanburg. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There is another article in the HJ about Monday's game where the Drive will wear 1950s-style Spartanburg Peaches uniforms.

Link

Two key quotes from Mike deMaine, General Manager of the Drive:

"We think this is a great way to raise money and raise awareness and hopefully get some people from Spartanburg to come down and support the cause"

"We're hoping the Duncan Park effort will be successful and that it could lead to the Drive playing a game or two at the new Duncan Park at some point,"

As others have said, this is a great way to build community and regional support. This is not only relevant to the Drive. If other organizations, venues and leaders accross the Upstate would follow suit, our region as a whole would probably be that much more prosperous. This is definitely a great cause to support. I know that I would go see this game were I still living in the area.

Notice any significant difference between these two websites when it comes to speed, accessibility, and design?

I think it is a fairly decent comparison among professional sports websites. The home page should be simple and easy to navigate and the links should open rapidly and follow the same design principles.

Edited by Skyliner

• 2 weeks later...

The Drive have three items autographed by Curt Schilling up for auction on the website with the proceeds to benefit the ALS Association - South Carolina Chapter. The items are:

1) Autographed Schilling jersey with certificate of Authenticity - starting price $200

2) Autographed framed poster of Schilling's 3000th career strikeout - starting price $200

3) Autographed Schilling baseball - starting price $100

The auctions on all three items last until noon on August 16th. Great items for a great cause.

Here's the link

http://www.greenvilledrive.com/merchandise...D=datediff+desc

Edited by phillytiger

The Crazy 8 promotion starts tonight! 8 nights at home with a different promotion each night. Should be fun (but quite warm).

http://www.wyff4.com/entertainment/13842197/detail.html

I'm taking my daughter tonight. I'm curious to see if there will be any throwback jerseys worn for "turn back the clock night."

Edited by RestedTraveler