Greenville Drive Baseball

I am a season ticket holder, and I am going on vacation the week of July 4th, so I have all of those dates available. Please send me a PM if you are interested. Seats are located directly behind the plate in section 108, on the aisle, about 10 or so rows up. (I have 2 seats)

Dates that are available are June 29, 30, July 1, 2, 3.

I would think that Greenville could attract better crowds than Charleston considering our location and proximity to Furman, and Wofford. We'll see, but hopefully we'll be able to prove ourselves and get it back in addition to other conference tournaments... *ahem, ACC* Do what you have to do West End Field. Perhaps this year's off season upgrade should be to increase capacity. :unsure:

I would think that Greenville could attract better crowds than Charleston considering our location and proximity to Furman, and Wofford. We'll see, but hopefully we'll be able to prove ourselves and get it back in addition to other conference tournaments... *ahem, ACC* Do what you have to do West End Field. Perhaps this year's off season upgrade should be to increase capacity. :unsure:

I'm thrilled that Greenville will have the SoCon baseball tournament in 2009! The SoCon plays very good college baseball, and even though it isn't as highly ranked as the ACC or SEC, it is rated 10th out of 31 Division I conferences this season. And the SoCon has had 2 teams in the NCAA tournament for a few years consecutively now.

Unfortunately, it will be very hard to outdo Charleston in attendance because the local community (mainly Citadel fans) give great support to the tournament there. And even though Furman and Wofford have both played in the NCAA tournament in the past three seasons, Charleston and Citadel are historically better programs and have a larger fan base.

One thing in Greenville's favor is its proximity to the rest of the teams in the league as compared to Charleston. Each baseball-playing school in the SoCon is within 3 1/2 hours from West End Field, depending on how fast you can drive from Burlington, NC (Elon) and Statesboro, GA (Georgia Southern).

I plan on buying a ticket for the entire tournament!

Unfortunately, it will be very hard to outdo Charleston in attendance because the local community (mainly Citadel fans) give great support to the tournament there. And even though Furman and Wofford have both played in the NCAA tournament in the past three seasons, Charleston and Citadel are historically better programs and have a larger fan base.

There are alot of Citadel alumni in the Greenville area too. And they'll be thrilled with the opportunity to have the Bulldogs in town.

Perhaps this year's off season upgrade should be to increase capacity. :unsure:

I'd just be happy if they'd take the grass seating and create several rows of terraced grass seating there so people could bring in chairs or stadium seats or cushions. That hillside is falling apart...hard to believe it's the same turf that was put on the field. The wear and tear has taken it's toll and it doesn't look like it's getting any TLC. I wonder if anyone from the front office has given it a once-over recently? I'd not complain if reserved seating were extended on around during the off-season to replace the grass, myself, in fact. The grass is very nice as long as it's maintained.

:offtopic: Hey linkerjpatrick, whitehourseview, breed, and anyone else: if you'd be interested in providing feedback directly to the G-Drive regarding usability of their web site (from a fan and user POV), send me a Private Message.

Hey RT, any luck talking to the Drive about that website? Surely they've got to be hearing it from others -- and yet, there it is. Still. Painfully. Slow.

Hey RT, any luck talking to the Drive about that website? Surely they've got to be hearing it from others -- and yet, there it is. Still. Painfully. Slow.

No....I've been very busy with work since I spoke to Nate the other night and haven't had a chance to get back in touch with him yet. I'm not seeing a performance issue, myself most days (today was an exception). I'm just picky over the interface...but I've got to provide my feedback directly to them from now on instead of being a bad fan and ragging on it in public...it's the least I can do, considering how the other 99.9% of everything this organization does is top-notch and first-class.

No....I've been very busy with work since I spoke to Nate the other night and haven't had a chance to get back in touch with him yet. I'm not seeing a performance issue, myself most days (today was an exception). I'm just picky over the interface...but I've got to provide my feedback directly to them from now on instead of being a bad fan and ragging on it in public...it's the least I can do, considering how the other 99.9% of everything this organization does is top-notch and first-class.

RT, I still am going to get back to you. It's been a crazy week but a good week for my company plus I have been doing some projects that have been on the back burner way too long. My desktop is almost empty and the note I was composing to you for this is one of the few things left at the end of this week.

Sure can't fault you for that approach -- I'm sure Nate and the team will appreciate it.

If you need any assistance, let me know.