Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

On 1/18/2020 at 9:02 AM, spenser1058 said:

Hank, cover your eyes but Scott J is reporting that the owners of RusTeak/Stubborn Mule are opening in Windermere’s former Dexter’s spot:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/5054-menagerie-rusteak-owners-plan-new-restaurant-in-former-dexter-s

From all indications - they're doing quite well with Stubborn Mule and Menagerie. Their brunches are always popping and lunch and dinner service always seem decently full as well. Just ate at Menagerie the other day and it was very good. They initially started it as a small plates concept but have since morphed it to mirror Rusteak. Stubborn Mule is the same. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:02 AM, spenser1058 said:

Hank, cover your eyes but Scott J is reporting that the owners of RusTeak/Stubborn Mule are opening in Windermere’s former Dexter’s spot:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/5054-menagerie-rusteak-owners-plan-new-restaurant-in-former-dexter-s

You've taken this and run with it.  I don't care about Scott Joseph, but by all means keeping reading and promoting him.  I just didn't care for you calling places you haven't been to great, just because he thinks they are great.  Vice versa, as well.

But I probably eat more than Scott.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, JFW657 said:

Reality and I are old acquaintances.

I've rarely enjoyed his company. 

You actually know him in real life?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

You've taken this and run with it.  I don't care about Scott Joseph, but by all means keeping reading and promoting him.  I just didn't care for you calling places you haven't been to great, just because he thinks they are great.  Vice versa, as well.

But I probably eat more than Scott.

My wording was probably imprecise (hazards of posting up to 25 times/day, I suppose) but the Happy Snapper made me, ummm, happy because (a) it’s relatively easy to get to from Eola and (b) some folks think Scott is negative in his reviews more often than not. On balance, I don’t think he is, but he is picky. Anyway, when he likes something I like to get that right up front and let them know Scott’s in a, ummm, happy mood.

With my reviews, all you’d get are Maxine’s, Dexter’s TP (If it ever comes back), Kres (maybe once a year), pizza at Metro Espresso and lots of BEEFY and PubSubs. For a liberal Democrat, the truth is I don’t much like change in my routine. I also have my go to places in NSB (I’m still mad they fancied up Norwood’s about 35 years ago...).

Over the years, my cooking skills have steadily improved, so eating out is no longer the imperative it once was.

Edited by spenser1058

32 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I am now wondering if by "Reality" we are talking about the same thing.

If it is a current pop-culture reference to a person or a character on some crappy reality TV show etc, etc that I've never seen, then no, I do not.

If we're talking about reality in its traditional meaning, then yes, I cross paths with "him" on a regular basis and as often as not, I have little or no love.

Given that he can be such a beotch, and all. 

Just now, JFW657 said:

I am now wondering if by "Reality" we are talking about the same thing.

If it is a current pop-culture reference to a person or a character on some crappy reality TV show etc, etc that I've never seen, then no, I do not.

If we're talking about reality in its traditional meaning, then yes, I cross paths with "him" on a regular basis and as often as not, I have little or no love.

Given that he can be such a beotch, and all. 

I was referring to our, ummmm, colorful chatter who got himself banned.

26 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Over the years, my cooking skills have steadily improved, so eating out is no longer the imperative it once was.

I make a mean hot dog.

Just now, spenser1058 said:

I was referring to our, ummmm, colorful chatter who got himself banned.

I had forgotten all about him.

I was talking in the literal sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Krystal [Chattanooga, TN -1932] was nothing more than a blatant but not as good ripoff of White Castle [Wichita, KS -1921], where the "slider" was invented. 

So long, imitators. :D

Their fries were pretty good, but their restaurants were all disgustingly filthy. Using a credit card, one could scoop decades of grease off of any surface they chose to. As best as I could discern, their business model was basically serving drunk drivers returning from the club through the drive-thru window. Seemed kinda limited.

Edited by Camillo Sitte
  • Like 1

This may finally turn @HankStronginto a Scott J fan! Mention his name (Scott, not Hank) @ Delaney’s Sunday Brunch and save bucks plus get unlimited mimosas (hmmm, that should get @AndyPok1 ‘s attention, too!

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/5061-delaney-s-tavern-offering-special-brunch-deal-for-sjo-readers

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to the tiny "Kathi Rolls" (Indian street food) for lunch today.  All I can say is WOW!  Had the lamb/beef tikka roll and a side of beef keema loaded fries.  MUST TRY!  This place is fantastic despite its crappy location on Curry Ford rd between an Amscot & pawn shop.  If your looking for something authentic, not too pricey in a local mom and pop place this is a must try.  The owners were there and so inviting and excited to be serving this stuff.  

• Like 4