920 Cherry, ICCF/Blodgett Home and Fairmount Square

joeDowntown

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They put that kind of crap in Chicago? That's just wrong!

Sorry for getting off topic. I'll reserve my judgement of this project until the current design is posted, but I did like the old plan from what I could see in the artists conception.

Although I love Chicago and its architecture, one of the criticisms that can be made is that they are very progress oriented, tearing down what would impede that progress. I would have to say that G-raps has a fairly good tempering of their destroying for the sake of bigger and better things.

if you guys havent figured out- building new is expensive and alot of those hh house that people want to match would cost + 700k to match/replace today with all the wood and details.

now try to sell that in todays economy, anybody lookign to pay 700k for a hh house is not looking for a new replica house.

eastbrook is trying to make money and sell houses, but i would want to see that built near hh....

i agree, eastbrook needs to stick to being king of the burbs and stop clear cutting trees for new subs

• 2 weeks later...
When the Green Well does open, you just might find 20 beers on tap (rotating microbrews for variety) as well as wine and 'classic' cocktails. AND maybe:

Belgian Ale Steamed Mussels, w/fennel, onions, citrus segments and crusty bread. $8

Fish Tacos, grilled to order blue marlin with avocado, black beans and tomatoes in corn tortillas $10

Feijoada, Brazilian style stewed black beans with spicy sausage, braised chicken and basmati rice $9

Chili Rubbed Blue Prawns, over a papaya-mango slaw and poblano-lime vinaigrette $13

Grilled Asparagus, roasted mushroom & goat cheese terrine with truffle vinaigrette & micro greens $8

Grilled Salmon, with a black bean fritter, papaya-mango slaw, arugula and cilantro vinaigrette $18

Michigan Walleye, parmesan/cornmeal crusted over lyonnaise potatoes, w/lemon-caper vinaigrette $18

etc, etc, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived