920 Cherry, ICCF/Blodgett Home and Fairmount Square

joeDowntown

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove by there today on my way to Maria Catribs. All I can say is "wow". This neighborhood has definately taken a turn for the better, and this development will push it over the top. Thanks to all the developers that put so much faith into turning it around, the neighborhood will be a jewel for the city.

Drove by there today on my way to Maria Catribs. All I can say is "wow". This neighborhood has definately taken a turn for the better, and this development will push it over the top. Thanks to all the developers that put so much faith into turning it around, the neighborhood will be a jewel for the city.

Great news! I always loved this building hidden behind the nasty bunkers. In my wildest dreams I didn't imagine they would restore this. Definitely a huge win for GR.

Joe

The only "cost savings" was in over-simplifying the SketchUp model. :blush:

The real columns get restored like the post card.

Was driving down Cherry the other day and noticed "Over the Grand" was gone. That's a disappointment. Cool store, always did a great job with their window displays. Please tell me they are not gone, but just moving to bigger corners in the new building under construction. :)

Joe

Was driving down Cherry the other day and noticed "Over the Grand" was gone. That's a disappointment. Cool store, always did a great job with their window displays. Please tell me they are not gone, but just moving to bigger corners in the new building under construction. :)

Joe

Yes, it was a sad day when Over the River closed. The owner John finally got his dream job in Asia, one he's been working towards for a while. John, his dog, and the store will be missed.

On a brighter note, BLOOM opened up this past weekend.

Archived