Hue

reed

^Didn't the lady at the Hue sales office tell us that the Dawson folks were about equally split between those grateful that Bradshaw was gone and those that want their view back? It certainly just made the financing cut, and will likely be the last residential construction we see condo wise for a couple of years. Apartments though, I am still hoping to see kick into gear, but that is another thread.....

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't live in the Daswon. So, I really don't care if they are facing a parking deck or not. I can imagine people being upset about it though.

Anyway, I wonder when we will hear some information about what kind of retail is going to be in the ground floor of Hue? I am really hoping that it is more than just rest./bar.

I don't live in the Daswon. So, I really don't care if they are facing a parking deck or not. I can imagine people being upset about it though.

I live at the Dawson, but I'm happy to say that my unit is facing the North and my view is currently unobstructed ( :yahoo: ).

I can understand where my south-facing neighbors are coming from though. Their units saw the greatest appreciation, primarily because of the view, and i'm inclined to think that things will now change since their view is of a parking deck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone want to bet that Hue goes apartments? The building is coming along nicely, and IIRC will open this spring. If the economy doesn't pick up, I can't imagine they would be able to open with less than half the units occupied. I'm not sure what the # of sales is now, but it can't be good.

Anyone want to bet that Hue goes apartments? The building is coming along nicely, and IIRC will open this spring. If the economy doesn't pick up, I can't imagine they would be able to open with less than half the units occupied. I'm not sure what the # of sales is now, but it can't be good.

Well it's certainly possible. The Tucker Street project being built as apartments instead of condos is probably what saved that project and kept it moving forward. The developers realized that the demand for buying high-end condos downtown wasn't as high as previously thought, and that the demand for reasonably-priced apartments is way under-served.

If Hue doesn't sell as well as they'd like and they decide to make it an apartment building instead, I think the result would certainly be that it will fill up much much quicker.

The Tucker people look like geniuses. I don't know if TCR (Hue and 222) has the organizational ability to rent such a big place. They could turn it over to someone like York though. I think 200+ apartments in the warehouse district would be great though. Actually apartments all the way along Hargett to the TTA land would be awesome...its mostly parking lots now, but thats another discussion I guess.

• 2 months later...

From Friday:

2015760890098570895S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the side facing the Dawson. You can see the facade is basically finished here... clearly this won't win any design awards, but it's got mostly positive ingredients: urban form, human scale, affordable, street retail frontage, good density (~100 units/acre), proximity to future transit stop & Nash Square.

That said, I do hope we get some new designs coming forward in the next several years: Hinsdale Row and the Woodpile block (if they happen) come to mind as possibilities on the drawing board.

• 3 months later...

OK, so the Hue sucks. I always trumpeted the location, but it looks like cheap Soviet Bloc public housing. I think there is a huge hole in the current downtown condo market ripe for a cool urban that is reasonably inexpensive, but offers compelling urban design features and a good location. The most recent offerings leave me wanting more.

I was walking by Hue the other night and what it reminds me of is a lego house. It looks kinda cartoonish to me.

With a color and architectural scheme like that, they may have a shot of getting the lego store in Crabtree to move and occupy some of their retail space :rofl:

I was walking by Hue the other night and what it reminds me of is a lego house. It looks kinda cartoonish to me.

My sentiments exactly! That design was NOT given much forethought. The developers were just to anxious to put something up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not perceiving much difference here....

While I most of the time agree with you Jones, this time I can't. Actually this might be the first time I have disagreed with one of your posts, lol. The Hue lobby is like a rainbow of knives to the eyes. The Marriott lobby really isn't that bad. It's tolerable. I've seen worse.

While I most of the time agree with you Jones, this time I can't. Actually this might be the first time I have disagreed with one of your posts, lol. The Hue lobby is like a rainbow of knives to the eyes. The Marriott lobby really isn't that bad. It's tolerable. I've seen worse.

I second that. The Marriott isn't that bad IMO, but the HUE is just horrible. HUE looks like Pee Wee's playhouse or Legoland.

Archived