Hue

reed

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooo thanks for that heads up jojo, I've been waiting for them to show up. Am I blind or is there no pricing info on the site yet?

I e mailed them about a couple of the 2 bedroom plans & got this response (they're having a promotional thing at Blue Martini on Oct 10th):

Thanks for your interest in Hue!

Our Blue 1 floor plans that will be available for our October 10th Priority List Reservation Event will range in price between $370,000 and $425,000. And our Blue 2 floor plans will range between $325,000 and $340,000!

^ can anyone go to the promotion @ Blue Martini or is it an invite only thing?

Looks open to all, its on the website, Blue Martini 6pm - 10pm, October 11 Preview Party,

food, drink, live music, and realtor's who could ask for anything more.....

Anyone have any comments on the safety of Nash Square right across the street, will my wife feel safe walking the dog over there late at night? (no its not a pit bull...you can walk those guys anywhere and be safe)

Looks open to all, its on the website, Blue Martini 6pm - 10pm, October 11 Preview Party,

food, drink, live music, and realtor's who could ask for anything more.....

Anyone have any comments on the safety of Nash Square right across the street, will my wife feel safe walking the dog over there late at night? (no its not a pit bull...you can walk those guys anywhere and be safe)

I live by Nash Square & can assure you that it is safe. The police department is right across the street. Not that she shouldn't be cautious, but I don't think she has anything to worry about. My wife has never had any problems in this area.

I e mailed them about a couple of the 2 bedroom plans & got this response (they're having a promotional thing at Blue Martini on Oct 10th):

Thanks for your interest in Hue!

Our Blue 1 floor plans that will be available for our October 10th Priority List Reservation Event will range in price between $370,000 and $425,000. And our Blue 2 floor plans will range between $325,000 and $340,000!

I can't believe those prices! For only a seven story building starting prices at $325,000 is a bit much! Also, I thought I read/heard about a story on the prices. That they wanted to help more people move downtown and were going to start in the $200,000 range?

I plan on being there next week to reserve one. Here's some pricing info I got in an e-mail.

"Our Yellow 1 floor plan pricing will begin at $150,000, our Red 1 at $175,000, our Red 2 at $205,000, our Red 3 at $280,000, our Red 4 at $305,000, our Blue 1 at $370,000, our Blue 2 at $325,000, our Blue 3 at $350,000 and our Blue 4 at $400,000!"

I'm interested in the one bedrooms. For $150K, you can get in there, but that is starting, I would imagine that is the bottom (2nd?) floor staring right at the Dawson's parking lot. Still, I think these prices are a step in the right direction for downtown.

Oberlin court has tons of people in there paying between $900 - $1350 a month, thats good money that could be put toward a condo. I would think that crowd is the target for Hue.

I was just over there for the first time last weekend and got to say it is quite nice. A large apartment complex like that is perfect for downtown, like tucker will be, or whatever its called now.

I plan on being there next week to reserve one. Here's some pricing info I got in an e-mail.

"Our Yellow 1 floor plan pricing will begin at $150,000, our Red 1 at $175,000, our Red 2 at $205,000, our Red 3 at $280,000, our Red 4 at $305,000, our Blue 1 at $370,000, our Blue 2 at $325,000, our Blue 3 at $350,000 and our Blue 4 at $400,000!"

I'm interested in the one bedrooms. For $150K, you can get in there, but that is starting, I would imagine that is the bottom (2nd?) floor staring right at the Dawson's parking lot. Still, I think these prices are a step in the right direction for downtown.

Oberlin court has tons of people in there paying between $900 - $1350 a month, thats good money that could be put toward a condo. I would think that crowd is the target for Hue.

I was just over there for the first time last weekend and got to say it is quite nice. A large apartment complex like that is perfect for downtown, like tucker will be, or whatever its called now.

for comparision sake I use the 70/10k dirty calculation which varies of course with interest rates, so those rents transalte into being able to afford a condo in a range of $128,571-$192,857 . This assumes the buyer has room in thier ratios to cover HOA dues too.

:) I work for The King Partnership, the company that handles Advertising and Public Relations work for Hue, the seven story condo project under construction in downtown Raleigh. I saw some posts wondering about prices. Units will start in the $160,000s.

For more information, visit hueraleigh.com.

Suzanne

The Hue Preview Party on Oct. 11 at the Blue Martini is open to everyone interested in the project. Event hours 6-10 pm.

Did anyone reserve one or go to the party? We must have a report. :)

Did anyone reserve one or go to the party? We must have a report. :)

I didnt get to go to the "preview party" but did get a report from our realtor, she said approx. 100 people were at the preview party, the units are being sold in phases, so not all are available for reserving right now, somewhere around 30 units are reserved right now, we look forward to seeing how strong the interest is in the development

I showed up wednesday morning out at the york-simpson-underwood offices off of six forks. they did a lottery to determine the order people reserved. there were about 20 people there at the start and only 1 person was interested in buying two units (the max). luckily i got fourth pick and reserved the unit i want. some things i learned there:

• the features listed on the website are included, not upgrades.
  • you choose your color scheme instead of choosing upgrades
  • 1 parking space per unit, even the 2 bedrooms, this may change later
  • closing will occur as the building goes up so the 1st floor and 2nd look to close around spring 2009, with the entire building complete late summer 2009
  • i asked about the retail, and its still early for that so no word

the sales agent seemed pretty confident that this building was going to happen when she talked about the 'we reserve the right to cancel this reservation if the building never gets build' part. I went to blue martini also on thursday. they closed the parking lot between it and napper tandys, setup a big tent and had cheese, crackers, shrimp, and other hot food out. if you registered with them you got two free drinks including wine, champagne, or beer. they had ice sculptures out also, it felt like they were really behind this and really promoting it. zspotlight was all over it too, out there taking pictures and video.

i'm pretty excited about it, we'll see what happens when people need to actually buy these condos come february (contract time).

All 208 units at Hue are now fully available for reservation, according to an email I received. I hope the interest is strong, as i think it's a really nice project, and will certainly add some major density and retail to the eastern edge of the Warehouse district.

I think New Raleigh's assessment is a bit harsh, especially some of the criticism in blog comments, which I think are pretty far off base.

The boom continues, but does the quality of life in downtown? Does Hue add character to Condo Alley? The Warehouse district? Is this an attempt to put a pretty facade on an area that is full of vacant buildings? Buildings that could be renovated into lofts that pay tribute to the area

^^Its a tough lot to develop with the large Dawson St frontage. You are right CJJ, its ultimately a good fit for the spot. Sure, I wouldn't advocate demolishing Briggs Hardware for Hue but thats not whats happening. New Raleigh thinks the Warehouse District is some pristine Shockoe Bottom, (which really ain't so pristine...most of the colonial oton is gone), but Dillion Supply destroyed most of the original buildings that once existed there.

And by the way newraleigh...those are 19th century cornices...Italianette to be specific...

I would have posted over there, but their comments script are my comments because I didn't supply an email address and won't let me get back in to add it.

The Hue (along with Bloomsbury Estates) is the best chance we have of starting to build the density required to support pedestrian oriented retail/mixed use *and* a rail backbone for a mass transit system.

Yes, the warehouse district could be sustainable by replacing the existing parking lots with two or three story buildings. But they would cost aroun $1 million for a 600 sq ft. loft. No retail could survive in that environment, let alone Triangle Transit's rail station. The "but the Borough can survive" crowd doesn't realize a lot of its customers arive via automoblie and park in the deck across Dawson.

Any chance Raleigh had of being like Savanah was crushed during the 60s and 70s "urban renewal". The sea of asphalt from Morgan to the fire station didn't replace horse and buggy parking. If those buildings were still standing, they could make the case for a historic district. But that is not the environment we have to work with.

There was a coffee house near Hargett/West in the 60s, but it was demolished once it was too popular. There hasn't been a landmark gathering space there since. There are other "warehouse district" areas that could happen -- the area roughly bound by North, West, Peace and Capitol Blvd, the area between City Market and Shaw, the area around South and Saunders up to the train tracks, and the Hammon/Hoke/Garner Road area.

:) I work for The King Partnership, the company that handles Advertising and Public Relations work for Hue, the seven story condo project under construction in downtown Raleigh. I saw some posts wondering about prices. Units will start in the $160,000s.

For more information, visit hueraleigh.com.

Suzanne

The Hue Preview Party on Oct. 11 at the Blue Martini is open to everyone interested in the project. Event hours 6-10 pm.

I saw the HUE ad. Not bad. Just wonder who is the target audience and what is the single minded proposition of the ad ? Just wondering as I use to be an Advertising guy.

I hope that this development hasn't been hurt by the resent downturn in the Triangle housing market? :unsure:

I'd say its probably too early to tell at this point. By the time this project is completed, the housing market could be skyrocketing again.

• 3 months later...

I can't say I've noticed it before, so it looks like Hue has it's crane up today for the first time--will try to snap a photo. They had been doing foundation work thus far, so this is a good sign. :thumbsup:

BTW, if anyone lives on the south side of the Dawson, please snap a photo for us. I think that would provide a nice aerial perspective.

EDIT: not really good, but here it is:

2289205990098570895S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived