Norfolk Stores and Retail and Resturants

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

It's looks as if news was wrong about Norfolk shrinking and having only about 100,000 people live within city limits. It looks as if Norfolk isn't becoming a tle town after all. Y'all are doing good. You do need more restuarant downtown and retail.

It's looks as if news was wrong about Norfolk shrinking and having only about 100,000 people live within city limits. It looks as if Norfolk isn't becoming a tle town after all. Y'all are doing good. You do need more restuarant downtown and retail.

I don't think New England Transplant was commenting on my post. He was asking JWCJ where he got that 100K live in Norfolk comment.

Norfolk has a few more persons than that.
Yeah, it only has a few more people. :D

JWCJ

You do need more restuarant downtown and retail.

Huh, Norfolk does need some more street level (non-mall) retail, but more restaurants is not what we need. DT has more than enough new restaurants.

• 4 weeks later...

With the GW Farm Fresh market opening in Harbor Heights next year, would the farmer's market at MacArthur still operate? It seems that MacArthur is making good use of the space there (skating rink, farmer's market), but I think it would be better served with a third anchor topped with a hotel. The hotel is probably wishful thinking, but I still think Bloomingdales would be nice. :D

It's official. Well, sorta.

Apple store coming to MacArthur Center

csapple440x251.jpg

If a picture is worth a thousand words, the image of bitten fruit could confirm that a much-coveted Apple store is coming to MacArthur Center.

Apple Computer Inc.'s logo appeared in the p ast week on the walls covering two vacant spaces at the downtown Norfolk mall. Despite this hint of the company's pending arrival, officials from MacArthur Center and Apple have nothing to say.

story

Just what I need. An Apple store to tempt me to buy that Nano. <_<

Just what I need. An Apple store to tempt me to buy that Nano. <_<

Probably cheaper at Circuit City. Was on a date when we passed by an Apple store and the girl had to go in to see the Shuffle 512. She balked at the $100 price. I mentioned that the Circuit City around the corner may have it cheaper. Went there and they had it for $70. She bought on the spot. Needless to say there wasn't a second date. Anyone who wastes money on an overpriced, screenless Shuffle isn't worthy of my time.

Edited by hoobo

Probably cheaper at Circuit City. Was on a date when we passed by an Apple store and the girl had to go in to see the Shuffle 512. She balked at the $100 price. I mentioned that the Circuit City around the corner may have it cheaper. Went there and they had it for $70. She bought on the spot. Needless to say there wasn't a second date. Anyone who wastes money on an overpriced, screenless Shuffle isn't worthy of my time.

:lol: A valid point. Nonetheless it'd be interesting to have TWO Apple stores I guess? Not sure if it's entirely necessary but it's quite unique.

HAHAHAHA....

HAHAHAHA....

I agree it is probably cheaper at Circuit City but as an owner of an IPOD and an eMAC computer I can attest to the superior customer service you get at the Apple Store. I love our Apple Store in Clarendon in Arlington, but I am not so much in love with the Apple Store in Pentagon City. Norfolk is really lucky to land an Apple Store.