West End Field

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RT, I tried to pm you but I guess it didn't work so can you put me down for 2, I sure would appreciate it, thank you.

Done! You're the one that I was missing. I knew I was forgetting someone.

• me + 3
  • jarvisj3 + 0
  • btoy + 0
  • pacersfan218 + 1
  • NYTransplant + 1
  • breed + 1
  • wellen + 1
  • ablebody_suzanne + 0
  • g-man430 + 1

That's all she wrote, folks. I'll finalize the date/time with Mr. Lipscomb on Sunday.

I saw the con ceptpackage for the interior and exterior signage the other day and everything looks good...nothing too gawdy or fancy, i thinkit will go nicely with everything that has benn done so far.

Great! Nothing would clash more with this beautiful ballpark than gawdy signage. :sick:

Does anybody know anything about naming rights for the ballpark or are they really going to continue to call it the "New Greenville Municipal Stadium?" I do not hate many things, but I hate that word "stadium" when applied to baseball. :sick: They really need to start applying the correct "ballpark" term here.

Great! Nothing would clash more with this beautiful ballpark than gawdy signage. :sick:

Does anybody know anything about naming rights for the ballpark or are they really going to continue to call it the "New Greenville Municipal Stadium?" I do not hate many things, but I hate that word "stadium" when applied to baseball. :sick: They really need to start applying the correct "ballpark" term here.

"West End Field" is what i have seen, but i don't know if that is final.

That's better than "stadium" !!! :yahoo:

I could eventually see it named "BMW Park at Michelin Field" if these parties (BMW, Michelin, the Drive, and the City of Greenville) got together to work on naming rights.

It'd be great to see Furman/Clemson, Clemson/USC, Furman/USC play some games there, too...in a more-or-less neutral setting.

It'd be great to see Furman/Clemson, Clemson/USC, Furman/USC play some games there, too...in a more-or-less neutral setting.

I like that idea! I wish Clemson had played a game at the Bilo Center again this year in Basketball! I went last year and before the game we ate at Sticky Fingers- you should have seen downtown. ORANGE everywhere! I think it really had an impact on downtown on a weekday night. And it was great to see people walking from Main Street to the Bilo Center, instead of just coming downtown for the game and going.

This looks great! It makes me wonder, seeing the church in the background, if they still have the same feelings. If they think it was worth all the fuss and racist comments...?

I think the G-Drive and the Allen Temple AME Church have a good working relationship with one another. The G-Drive, after all, are hosting their job fair today at the Church's Gymnasium.

More info on the Job Fair, if anybody's interested: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/news/news.asp?newsId=364

The curbs/sidewalks are starting to go in all around the ballpark, too. I noticed that today. There's going to be plenty of bump-out parking, but I don't want to contend with anybody for it come game day. :lol:

This looks great! It makes me wonder, seeing the church in the background, if they still have the same feelings. If they think it was worth all the fuss and racist comments...?

These people will always play the race card, so it shouldn't be a surprise when opposition arises over possible change to the neighborhood. I'm glad to see them working together with the team now though. :thumbsup:

I met with Nate Lipscomb from the Greenville Drive and a small, yet diverse group of others this afternoon at the new ballpark. Nate took us all on a short tour of the ballpark similar to what we'll be shown.

101823279_348f87b704.jpg

Afterwards, Nate and I set a date/time for the UrbanPlanet Tour. Nate asked that, due to the construction, we conduct the Urban Planet Tour of the ballpark as soon as possible; therefore, we've agreed on the following date:

• Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 4:00pm ET

Nate also asks the following:

• we try to keep the size of the group to 10 (15 maximum).
  • we bring our own hard hats if we have them

Considering the construction conditions at the ballpark, I have elected to leave my wife and toddlers at home for the afternoon. If anyone was planning to bring young children along, you may wish to reconsider this.

My apologies for the short timing on this; however, please mark your calendars and let me know if you'll not be able to attend on Sunday. We're all in for a real treat with this preview. :yahoo:

I'm sorry Skyliner. We'll definitely miss you on Sunday. :cry:

Nate felt that if we waited to have it any later, there may be a chance that we'll not be able to have it or that we'd be in the way or worse (run off by cunstruction). Evidently, construction is going to really be ramped up over the next several weeks as we get closer to opening day and Sunday Afternoons won't be as inactive and quiet as they are now.

The sod will be installed this week. The seats (complete with cup holders) should be coming and should be installed very soon, too. There's a lot of work in and around the ballpark that is yet to be completed prior to April 6th, but it's going to be great and opening night will be awesome, I'm sure! :yahoo:

Be sure to wear your hard hat! :lol:

Nate kiddingly suggested that each of us purchase season tickets. I explained to him that the only person from the tour group that I'm aware of with access to season tickets is you, so you should automatically be in his good graces. :lol:

If anybody wants a sneak-peak of Sunday's tour, photos and comments from today's mini-tour can be found on my flickr West End Ballpark / Field House at West End set.

Archived