West End Field

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for setting this up RT :thumbsup: Looking forward to Sunday.

Thanks alot RT, I sure do appreciate it. :thumbsup:

It was nothing, guys. The thanks really goes to eacn of you and to Nate Lipscomb and the Greenville Drive.

Nate says he was very impressed by our professionalism and discussion of the ballpark, the team name, etc., and he's been very accommodating.

Nate will probably have some from EMJ; however, I'm not sure he can get enough. If you want to bring a few extra just to make sure we have enough, that'd be wonderful! I know I'll need one, for sure! :thumbsup:

I'll probably bring about 5 HH's unless I get word that we may need more.

It's a big site, where exactly are we meeting? I only know where the EMJ offices are on Main.

It's a big site, where exactly are we meeting? I only know where the EMJ offices are on Main.

We should meet in the parking lot at the office building between Vardry Street and Field Street. We'll be entering through the Field Street Entrance after we all meet up.

Thanks for bringing the extra hard hats! I'm sure 5 should be plenty. :thumbsup:

We should meet in the parking lot at the office building between Vardry Street and Field Street. We'll be entering through the Field Street Entrance after we all meet up.

Are you talking about one of those construction trailers as being the office to meet at? Also, are you talking about the Allen Temple parking lot or a different one?

Are you talking about one of those construction trailers as being the office to meet at? Also, are you talking about the Allen Temple parking lot or a different one?

Directly across Vardry Street from Greenville High is a 3-4 floor blue glass office building. I believe it's called the Vardry Executive Center. The address is 356 Field Street, Technically. There's ample parking around this office building, especially on Sunday Afternoon. Let's meet there.

I just saw a WYFF live broadcast from the ballpark. Mark Allen metioned that the sod should go down today, weather-permitting. :yahoo:

Nate said it would be going in this week. I'll keep my eyes on the webcam today and if I see it going in, I'll be there after work (as long as I have light left) to try to take some shots. :thumbsup:

We've had a couple drop out, so here's the updated list for Sunday:

• me + 0
  • jarvisj3 + 0
  • btoy + 0
  • pacersfan218 + 1
  • NYTransplant + 1
  • breed + 1
  • ablebody_suzanne + 0
  • g-man430 + 1

Great shots RT! Thanks for the quick turnaround! :thumbsup:

:yahoo:

Thanks! I got a little over-zealous with the shutter button. :blush:

Directly across Vardry Street from Greenville High is a 3-4 floor blue glass office building. I believe it's called the Vardry Executive Center. The address is 356 Field Street, Technically. There's ample parking around this office building, especially on Sunday Afternoon. Let's meet there.

This is a photo of the building and parking lot off of Field Street and Vardry Street if anybody needs a visual:

103605337_22e73c71c6.jpg

Thanks for pointing us back to page 11! Are those 4 poles above right field going to be the scoreboard or the big screen thing? Anyway, it looks great, thanks for taking the time to post!

For the record, that building above is the biggest waste of space, especially now with the new ball park.

Yea - those four poles will hold the scoreboard and interactive video screen. The strcuture to the left is for the "batter's eye" and will be dark green as well so the batter can pick up the pitch fairly as the pitcher throws it toward home plate. There will only be, I believe, 24 advertisements on the outfield walls.

Yea - those four poles will hold the scoreboard and interactive video screen. The strcuture to the left is for the "batter's eye" and will be dark green as well so the batter can pick up the pitch fairly as the pitcher throws it toward home plate. There will only be, I believe, 24 advertisements on the outfield walls.

That's good about the advertisements. Municipal Stadium looked horrible with three rows of ads... I'm glad theyre out of that place!

Archived