SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else detect a market shift to new apartment construction in SouthEnd? Hanover, Crescent, McConnell, just to name three new projects, will add approximately 2000 apartments. Or will these be the next condo conversions?

Either way it is a good thing to me. The more people that live in SouthEnd the more businesses that will follow. I really hope Summit, Camden, and Tryon continue to grow as a retail hub -- maybe our equivalent of Little 5 Points in ATL. From South Blvd swinging around to Morehead including Mint Street you have tremendous amounts of vacant land or lots with minimal structures on them. Most parts of town just outside the loop have minimal space that allows only for 'infill', in SouthEnd there are huge tracts - -Beazer bought 20 acres! Bring on the projects!

Oh, and the buyers seem to be sold on the area. The website for Park Avenue Plaza shows that 20 of the 36 units are already gone.

Camden already is an incredible diverse street. I could actually do all the shopping I would possibly need on that one street. You can eat, get your hair done, buy clothes, and furniture. Get a picture framed, buy a skateboard, do pilates, get coffee, and that doesn't even tip the iceberg. All of that on three blocks.

Camden already is an incredible diverse street. I could actually do all the shopping I would possibly need on that one street. You can eat, get your hair done, buy clothes, and furniture. Get a picture framed, buy a skateboard, do pilates, get coffee, and that doesn't even tip the iceberg. All of that on three blocks.

Can someone help me? I am trying to figure out the name of the condo development behind Owne's bagels/ Leather & Lace. They are slightly older condos, three stories tall.

Any ideas what it is called?

Anyone know something about this proposal for a hotel just north of the Arlington on South Boulevard?

Apologies if it's been discussed here already; I couldn't find a mention.

Hmmmm....polaris shows the old firehouse. The last I heard, from the Observer, someone was buying this and was going to do a high-end car club with a couple luxury condos (not for living but a private club type deal). A boutique hotel would certainly be cool.

Does anyone else detect a market shift to new apartment construction in SouthEnd? Hanover, Crescent, McConnell, just to name three new projects, will add approximately 2000 apartments. Or will these be the next condo conversions?

I've meant to ask about this......do you have any more info on "McConnell"? This isn't a project (or developer) that I'm familiar with.

As far as the next wave of condo conversions, I think the Hanover maybe and the Crescent ones no (for now).

I think by the time they are all built (2009) the condo market will be hurting, and the apartment market will be booming, so I suspect they will remain apartments for the time being until the housing market takes off once again.

I've meant to ask about this......do you have any more info on "McConnell"? This isn't a project (or developer) that I'm familiar with.

As far as the next wave of condo conversions, I think the Hanover maybe and the Crescent ones no (for now).

I think by the time they are all built (2009) the condo market will be hurting, and the apartment market will be booming, so I suspect they will remain apartments for the time being until the housing market takes off once again.

My mistake - that should be the "Carroll" Building on Tryon north of Bland Street.

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the new 'C' development space on Bland Street and South Boulevard?

It would be cool if the developers had a webcam like Avenue and 210 Trade. When I was last in Charlotte a few weeks ago, nothing had happened to this space, but I did hear development was imminent.

Thanks, Keith

Yet another new project in the district. TOD is really gearing up!!

[url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/columnists/doug_smith/15617230.htm]

Fantastic! Yet another project that is coming on the rail line that detractors still say won't attract development! I love the mass of this in that area. That part of South can really use this and I doubt anyone will miss the auto storage yards and repair shops. It'll be interesting to see how many of my Dilworth neighbors complain and fight this.

Nice to see they can start without pre-sales!

Archived