SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, [shakes head]. Has DCDA agreed with any development? They seem to go all out for these random parcels that are only barely in their neighborhood. To hear them talk, you'd think a developer was proposing a skyscraper on Mt. Vernon.

And of course, Patsy Kinsey finally speaks up because its the beluhved Dilwuhth.

And I love that they think R4 single family homes would and should go on South Blvd. I think they must have never driven to that intersection.

There is a front page article in next weeks CBJ about 101 Tremont, the 11 story apartment building planned at the corner of Tremont and Camden. Demolition on the existing warehouse is to begin next spring, with construction beginning right after that....it will also have the second highest rents in town after the Village at SouthPark being built now (also by Hanover).

There is a front page article in next weeks CBJ about 101 Tremont, the 11 story apartment building planned at the corner of Tremont and Camden. Demolition on the existing warehouse is to begin next spring, with construction beginning right after that....it will also have the second highest rents in town after the Village at SouthPark being built now (also by Hanover).

Write your reps on City Council that you are in favor of this project. They will vote on it next month. It looks like this rezoning is only going to require a simple majority of the council for approval. There was a valid protest petition but it looks like that will be rescinded.

Contact Info for Charlotte City Council

I agree that this is an excellant plan...even if a small part of it doesn't quite fit the Dilworth Neighborhood Plan.

The renderings were far better than this! The original plan was to break up the architecture, and base it on the architecture of the mainstreet of Branch's hometown in NY.

Why do developers not realize that putting stucco like that on a facade makes a building look plastic and cheap!?

I think it was a good concept, but terrible execution. It could have been worse, though.

I sure hope this low qual motif isn't extended to the huge parcel he owns across the street.

The renderings were far better than this! The original plan was to break up the architecture, and base it on the architecture of the mainstreet of Branch's hometown in NY.

Why do developers not realize that putting stucco like that on a facade makes a building look plastic and cheap!?

I think it was a good concept, but terrible execution. It could have been worse, though.

I sure hope this low qual motif isn't extended to the huge parcel he owns across the street.

decent, but two words: value engineering

even using different doors and windows would make it look more authentic. the way the site was graded and the building is perched overlooking the street is kinda weird too. actually the more i look at it, the windows really ruin it.

Archived