SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

Yea, That corner is about 150 feet from my house on Ideal. I wish someone would build some condos next to Mac's so that rich people would start complaining about the nosie that crappy bar makes. The city doesn't listen to poor people's complaints about it. :angry:

I will go take some pictures of the demolition before it gets too dark.

I'm not sure the city can do anything about it if they're meeting city code and are within the proper zoning. If they aren't, go ahead and file a complaint. Anyone can do that, rich or poor.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are they building there?

http://www.c-theplacetobe.com/

It is TOD with shopping, and two 10-20 story buildings.

We've known for a little while that the Trolley Barn can't be saved because of the cost of rebuilding it, plus the ornate facade that was the main value of that historic building has been gone for a long time. It is still sad to see it go.

Oddly enough, though, when I drove by, it actually didn't look like they were tearing it down, but rather shoring it up. But I'm sure they are just working on the process of tearing it down.

"Transit Oriented Development"

It is density within 1/4 mile of a transit station that has design elements that support walkability, especially to and from the station. The uses of C are transit supportive as it is high in residential density with the two towers. It also provides neighborhood retail on a pedestrian walkway lined with shops going between the station and South Blvd.

"Transit Oriented Development"

It is density within 1/4 mile of a transit station that has design elements that support walkability, especially to and from the station. The uses of C are transit supportive as it is high rin esidential density with the two towers. It also provides neighborhood retail on a pedestrian walkway lined with shops going between the station and South Blvd.

Cool! I hope they put in a Trader Joe's.

The old Carolina Dry Cleaners... *crumble*

The auto repair shops off Meacham .... *crumble*

The old Trolley Barn .... *crumble*

:good:

Hey bulldozer drivers .... Get that "Bonded Distribution" place, "Rick's Discount Groceries" and "The Cupboard" as long as you're at it. :lol:

I'm sure it is the final name. The project is building show rooms for design businesses, so it is a play on words from that. I don't think it is more pretentious than most other project names.

Marketing is a necessary evil with all of these projects. Who in their right mind would locate their business at Summit and Church based on what is there now. People need to have their imaginations lifted on the area in order to buy or sign leases. Lofty names and interesting architecture are a part of that.

Hate that about the Trolley Barn, but let's face it, Duke destroyed any historical value that building had long ago.

Can't wait for this project to get up and going, that's a heck of a gap in the toothy smile of South End.

South End is getting very urban as you leave downtown...

Hate that about the Trolley Barn, but let's face it, Duke destroyed any historical value that building had long ago.

Can't wait for this project to get up and going, that's a heck of a gap in the toothy smile of South End.

South End is getting very urban as you leave downtown...

That lot has disturbed me for years. SouthEnd will definately have some continuity now. They can not start soon enough.

A2

Archived